What did you do to your LS today?

and here I though I was the only one getting PMs with sounds so good they have to be NSFW!

... So what was that setup again? My... friend... wants to know.

Yeah I send some links to a few select others.

1 single Magnaflow # 11386 - 4" x 9" x 14" Dual In/Out Satin Stainless 2.5" True X core design,
positioned in the tunnel, third CAT and resonators deleted, 2.5" piping w/ chrome Magnaflow tips.

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

Forgot to mention the K&N intake was added to open it up a bit more.

attachment.jpg

It made a noticeable difference in the sound. Exhaust has also had a month to settle in.

I went to class late because I accidentally started bidding on exhaust tips (who ends a bid at xx:15??). I probably should have let me decide on a price limit before my emotions and adrenaline got in, but I did "save" about $50. I thought they'd look nice with the LS' boxy shape

421517_2_800x600.jpg

1 single Magnaflow # 11386 - 4" x 9" x 14" Dual In/Out Satin Stainless 2.5" True X core design,
positioned in the tunnel, third CAT and resonators deleted, 2.5" piping w/ chrome Magnaflow tips.

Hmm. NickT/NYCLSC used the 11379 and said it was a little too loud for cops. That one is a 4x9x11 dual/dual with a straight through design. He later added small bullet mufflers. I'm kinda decided I want to keep the stock resonators. But I did forgot how much I liked the 11379...

[video=youtube;mpnCuSBNiE8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpnCuSBNiE8[/video]

421517_2_800x600.jpg

I take manuals at their face value.......when they say use only Mercon in the power steering, and then later they recant and say use Mercon V in a TSB, I see no problem using the original or a compatible product. Anyone wants to use Mercon V, it's their choice.
I'm from the OLD SCHOOL where you don't go around mixing fluids. PERIOD! don-ohio :)^)

Good to know. I guess this is another failure of Ford's engineers. They certainly believe and claim that it is compatible and will cause no problems. I guess I just got really lucky in the case of my Ranger's power steering. Maybe you could start a thread explaining all the other things that your years of schooling and experience have revealed to you that everyone else is doing wrong?

thats why its called the OLD school, a lot of sh!t has changed and you're out of date.

can you imagine if universities were only teaching knowledge that was known no more than 50-60 years ago?

wouldn't want my doctor trained that way...

nor would I want my mechanic to work on a modern computerized car having never seen a computer.

Yeah I send some links to a few select others.

I wonder if its a sign that yesterday, one of my flowmasters had to be cut down since it has started rust away with a fairly decent sized hole right in front of the muffler, then while you tubing video clips, and checking prices and wondering if I really wanted to go mid muffler or not, I get magic links sent to me right at the best time...

really dont want to get the jack back out tomorrow, was the pipe in front of the third cat 2.5 or was it 2.25(its been a little while, but I though I remembered the piping toward the rear being 2.25 and I though that was the sized flow I got) and they had to neck it down a bit to fit?

It's best NOT to mix fluids,Loud. Pure fluid unless additives are specified is the best. I've progressed thru the years as a mechanic. Just fixed my boy's Taurus yesterday and will fix MANY other modern cars before I curl up my toes.LOL! don-ohio :)^)

Haha ... I'll doctor it up just a tad. You know me.

Last night I took notice of this on the 04 LSE ... Hahaha ... the fun I tell ya, it just never stops!
Remember last week I said not to put the tools away just yet, if it's not OK it's not the end just yet!

View attachment 828475573

No worries, imma loosen the degas bottle cap, that'll fix it!
Nahhh! OEM parts from a salvage yard should last another 100k mi, I'm sure of it.
attachment.gif

:: Hello Fordparts.com!?!? [Open Wallet]

ps: Soul, I did not sample this automotive fluid but I bet it's sweet! :p

Funny, that's the EXACT same place mine started leaking before I replaced the cooling system. My degas bottle looked exactly like one you posted a shot of a year or two ago. The cracks were almost identical even, to the point that I was wondering if you'd stolen a picture of my degas bottle even though I'd never posted pictures of it. My thermostat housing had an ear broken too, and the thermostat was cocked sideways in the housing. Lucky for me, it wasn't out far enough for it to jam but I can't imagine it would have gone much longer.

I'm from the OLD SCHOOL where you don't go around mixing fluids. PERIOD! don-ohio :)^)

I'm from the NEW school. Just knocked back a whiskey and orange juice with Sprite mixed in. Tasty stuff. But since you never mix fluids, it's a pleasure you'll never have.

True,True. I never IMBIBE anything stronger than Pop,but he'd drink anything. Anyway,cars don't like mixed drinks.LOL! don-ohio :)^)

Yeah,you guys sure do put the pressure on those systems......LOL! I'm not a bit surprised you're bursting them right and left. :)^)

Funny, that's the EXACT same place mine started leaking before I replaced the cooling system. My degas bottle looked exactly like one you posted a shot of a year or two ago. The cracks were almost identical even, to the point that I was wondering if you'd stolen a picture of my degas bottle even though I'd never posted pictures of it. My thermostat housing had an ear broken too, and the thermostat was cocked sideways in the housing. Lucky for me, it wasn't out far enough for it to jam but I can't imagine it would have gone much longer.

It's best NOT to mix fluids,Loud. Pure fluid unless additives are specified is the best.

so now you're an armchair chemist too

if they are compatible with each other, then their is no problem with mixing them. you also would get some of the benefits of the updated specs of any of the newer fluid added, of course its BEST to not mix the fluids, its actually best to use the new data and replace it with the new if needed service.

however, sometimes you really should listen to those TSB... cause when they tell you that the reason they are telling you that you need a different fluid could be because the old one is found to be bad an cause damage

and if you as so against mixing any fluids in your car, why are you always trying to tell us what ratio of certain fluids we should be mixing?

Loud said:`and if you as so against mixing any fluids in your car, why are you always trying to tell us what ratio of certain fluids we should be mixing? ''

You talking about 60/40 antifreeze to keep from boiling on an unpressurized system? Okay,then,go AHEAD and run PURE antifreeze and see what happens...LOL! don-ohio :)^)

Just goes back and forth all over the place sprinkling that fairy tale dust.

OFFICIALLY BLOCKED [copyright G-Rell 2016]

.... really dont want to get the jack back out tomorrow, was the pipe in front of the third cat 2.5 or was it 2.25(its been a little while, but I though I remembered the piping toward the rear ....

Everything is 2.25 from CAT back. Just have them cut it and spread piping to 2.5 and fit it to muffler then continue onwards with 2.5 out the back. People say u don't need 2.5 on this motor but I'm sure it adds to the sound.

.... really dont want to get the jack back out tomorrow, was the pipe in front of the third cat 2.5 or was it 2.25(its been a little while, but I though I remembered the piping toward the rear ....

Everything is 2.25 from CAT back. Just have them cut it and spread piping to 2.5 and fit it to muffler then continue onwards with 2.5 out the back. People say u don't need 2.5 on this motor but I'm sure it adds to the sound.

ok, great thats what I figured. plus most of the tips I've been looking at all come in 2.5"

ok, great thats what I figured. plus most of the tips I've been looking at all come in 2.5"

The other day I texted the wife,
Ur outa milk!

She texts me back
Hmmm???

I respond
Cats drank it all

She replies
This cat by chance 5'9"

Just goes back and forth all over the place sprinkling that fairy tale dust.

OFFICIALLY BLOCKED [copyright G-Rell 2016]

Seriously? I think you're taking the wrong attitude here. Personally, I find him to be entertaining. There aren't that many barmpots out there, and when you come across one you should take the time to enjoy their antics.

Increasing the piping to 2.5 will move the RPM band up a bit. 2.25 duals is plenty for a 3.9L though. It's the same size I plan to run on my 5.3L. Right now it has a single 3 inch, which is about the same as dual 2.25s. 2.5 inch tips can be put into a 2.25 inch pipe. They can put an expander into the end of the pipe and open it up a bit so it will fit the inside of the tip.

Work done at dealer: Replaced fuel filter, replaced leaking AC compressor, front end tie rods, rear end toe links and 4-wheel wheel alignment. All other suspension components and engine in good shape; mileage 69,750.

Hi!

I installed the new sealed subwoofer box.
wedge box, behing left back seat.
The subwoofer does not obstruct the spare tire access.

*Carpeting for later ;)

subwoofer pioneer ts-w311d4 400W@2ohms
kenwood kac-5001ps

Best regards!

b1.jpg

b2.jpg

b3.jpg

b4.jpg

dimension.JPG

Ran to the post office and back for some parts. Best time to date.

20160405_134234.jpg

R&R pending next week.

20160405_134234.jpg

Members online

Back