Wats next on ur Marks 2do list

Guess i need to get prepared for this as well, havent seen any signs of drippings but while im in the mood and doing some preventative maintenance anyway. Hell i may give it a go. Just depends on the difficulty

This is not something you want to do, just to be doing it. I would go ahead and order a gasket though. I got mine from rockauto, along with a bunch of other odd and end things.

If you have no leak anywhere around the oil filter, then be a happy man and leave it be. If you want to do something as preventive maintenance, change out your IAC and TPS, if you haven't already. MLPS is always a good thing to have on hand too. Also get yourself a new rubber T that is to the right side of the TB. Not sure if the Gen 2's have the T or not, since the TB is located in a different location.

fixing paint this week on both fenders and side moldings...should be ready by Friday to pick her up.....and then I dont know.

Yes it has the dreaded rubber T and appreciate the advice will b working towards all of tgat

Relocated the air ride switch to inside the cabin under the column. Love being able to turn that off when I'm running errands, without the compressor coming on at every one of the 4 lights between here and the store. I'm convinced my speedometer reaching 55 triggers every red light.

Not yet! :D

First I have to finish the oil filter adaptor gasket on the '96. :(

I just did mine on the white one, for the first time...it kicked my rear..next time it will not..mistakes I made:
-didn't get the car high enough off the ground;
-removed 4 bolts, three were from the o.f.a. housing- eventually got the correct 4th bolt;
-assumed i had to remove lower radi hoses- it's not necessary...
...i made a big job out of it unfortunately, next time it will be cake

btw, I don't really want to list all that needs to be done on my two 96's....standard operating procedure is triage, but here's a snapshot:
...i'm trying to get the white one road-worthy so i can park and work on the brown one...the white one needs: headights, tires, blend door
brown one needs: bank1 IMRC resolved (code P1057); hub swap and mounting Cobra R's..this should be easy b/c the parts came from a Mark already hub swapped- so everything is in tact/assembled from the knuckles out...bolt up and connect brakes?

Cleaning, cleaning and cleaning. I have a ton of small things sitting on my tool box (CE Wheel, Chip, HID's, 5x4.5 hubs, Bilstine's, Sway bar links, etc...) and a paint job some day. Mainly though I need to attach these and whatever else is attached to them...and fix up my shop in the mean time.

20130118_163515.jpg

Time for a new battery actually..its been getting weaker and weaker lately. Since my car sits for 24 hrs at a time outside while I'm at work its only a matter of time before it'll be dead at 7am..

Thank god I was able to bring my car inside the bay last night..its been brutally cold outside for the last 2 days

IMAG1657.jpg

Here's what I saw this morning after I pulled out and left work..uhhg, I hate his weather..about the only good part is the streets are dry with no salt..

IMAG1659.jpg

Time to get the silver car ready to crack some new times in the spring. I'm lookin' to get some M&H front runners, do a battery relocate and a/c compressor delete. My goals are lofty. I'm going for a 12.999. :D

Finally going to install these.....

IMG_20110721_193716.jpg

Because I want the Cobra brakes for my Mustang....I have too many cars.....

-Alan

Better see a good progress thread!!

Kirk, I will be lucky if I can even make it to the track this year. Maybe if someone sh!ts money on my head maybe.

I'd be thrilled if I even got a 14.500, haven’t been to the track in years.

Better see a good progress thread!!

Kirk, I will be lucky if I can even make it to the track this year. Maybe if someone sh!ts money on my head maybe.

I'd be thrilled if I even got a 14.500, haven’t been to the track in years.

Eric, be my outside cameraman and I'll let you make a few passes in my car. :D

Next thing I'm doing is ordering some more LED's and finishing up the interior lighting. I've just got to figure out the correct bulbs for the HVAC, instrument cluster, message center buttons, and heated seat controls and I'll be set. The whole interior will be "Cool Blue" when I'm done! :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back