Walmart LED's are the Dream!

lincoln_zero

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
You read that title correctly. I went to Walmart, for $28 I bought a pair of LED's that are weather proof. The individual LED lights face forward (not up) so this gave me an Idea. What if tucked these LED's underneath the factory headlamp? how would it look? Well, it was the wifey who wanted it on her car. So, I did it. They are wired into the main Headlights.

My judgement on them: They are bright, work well, and very cost effective. The 3M adhesive to stick em down I don't trust, but with the weight of the headlamp on top, and screwed down applying pressure, they're not going anywhere. Overall, for $28, I give em a 10/10 (assuming they last long without burning out)

IMG_20130702_071441_847.jpg
IMG_20130702_071453_488.jpg

IMG_20130702_071441_847.jpg

IMG_20130702_071453_488.jpg

I was thinking about adding Amber LED's underneath the turn signal area, to accentuate the signaling with flashing LED's.

tumblr_mbpfw9kww91rg7q18o1_500.gif

Remove immediately. The LS is not an Audi. Every time I see these aftermarket LED strips it screams of trying to hard to be something it's not.

To each his own.

tumblr_ly9s8xqwbq1r6hffko1_500.gif

Pfft more like being awesome!

So what, Audi had it first? It looks bad ass, and last I checked, Audi outsells Lincoln by a margin ;) People love it.
LED's look sexy.

tumblr_ly9s8xqwbq1r6hffko1_500.gif

oh F*ck but it's ok for everyone to add Beemer Angel Eyes to their LS'es ?

... but yeah, have to agree, doesn't look all that good, not meant to be.

Each their own as mentioned ... Sorry

instead, (as I was thinking /and on my list) couple Ambers in the very outside of each mirror
or a small strip directly below the mirror wired into the turn signals.

0000-Kuryakyn-Mirror-Lights.jpg

. . . dibs on the idea of course.

0000-Kuryakyn-Mirror-Lights.jpg

Its one of those things that looks better in person and at night. that's my story and im sticking to it. XD

Just promise me you don't start adding bear stickers on your chrome grille like that lad from London.

Hey btw, what's this in the BigRig LS trunk ... BAAMMM, Wally world LED's LOL. (seriously)

20130314_181913.jpg20130317_192013.jpg20130317_192400.jpg20130317_192539.jpg

20130314_181913.jpg

20130317_192013.jpg

20130317_192400.jpg

20130317_192539.jpg

...Remove immediately. The LS is not an Audi. Every time I see these aftermarket LED strips it screams of trying to hard to be something it's not...

Glad someone said it quickly.

So what, Audi had it first? It looks bad ass, and last I checked, Audi outsells Lincoln by a margin ;) People love it.
LED's look sexy.

Last time I checked, Audi outsold Lincoln long before the led headlight strip came about.

The whole idea that makes these look good is that it is a bunch of small led's very close together so you can't see in individual bulbs. Then that strip flows around a headlight giving it a really cool effect. Even motortrend calls out every other manufacturer who tries this but fails. Their earlier generation led headlight trick wasn't even all that appealing, only recently have they made it look really good looking.

2014_audi_rs5_cabrio_60_1920x1080.jpg
^Awesome
BMW-M3-flexible-LED-strips-3.jpg
^Terrible, like the ones from Wal-Mart, shocking, I know.

2014_audi_rs5_cabrio_60_1920x1080.jpg

BMW-M3-flexible-LED-strips-3.jpg

There's a kid in my town that tools around in an old Ford Taurus with a pair of these. He also has turbo badges and a Mercedes sticker in the window.. I hope you come to your senses soon.

I want to try to add led's like these on my gen 1
once I get angel eyes of course
you guys better not steal my idea
im watching you :shifty:

DSCN2674.jpg

If want to replace the standard blinker bulb with these I would consider that an upgrade.

you read that title correctly. I went to walmart, for $28 i bought a pair of led's that are weather proof. The individual led lights face forward (not up) so this gave me an idea. What if tucked these led's underneath the factory headlamp? How would it look? Well, it was the wifey who wanted it on her car. So, i did it. They are wired into the main headlights.

My judgement on them: They are bright, work well, and very cost effective. The 3m adhesive to stick em down i don't trust, but with the weight of the headlamp on top, and screwed down applying pressure, they're not going anywhere. Overall, for $28, i give em a 10/10 (assuming they last long without burning out)

View attachment 828459929
View attachment 828459930

looks good!
Following the crowd is to be a sheep, not a wolf!

Creative..... Thinking outside the box with your LS. Delete all the chrome and clean up the look. Just my $.02.

Thank you RollinLS and msgtuscm.
The concept I was going for was cost effective way to make it stand out from the herd. Halo's (or Angel eyes) are amazing. But are expensive and make the LS look like a beamer. Not that its a bad thing. I mean these LEDs look like Audi. But I was trying something new. K think once I get the Amber turn signal LEDs in, it will look prime!!!
And ya maybe delete the chrome too.

And BigRig I LOVE stickers. Look at the pic see the big Team-AllTech sticker on windshield? Sexy sexy! I wanna hit this car up with some to tint next!

These pics really don't do it justice tho. Stupid cloudy weather we are having in Ontario also makes it look worse.

The one thing around here is everyone...I mean everyone has those things on their cars.

I'm waiting to afford my halo's and clear corners....ahhhh...classy.

Don't like how LincolnZero used these but then I'm no fan of the Angel Eyes look either. Of course, my opinion on this is irrelevant as I'm not the owner of any of these cars. I am glad this came up though. Bigrig, thanks for the trunk pics as they show how bright these guys can be. I've been looking for decent underhood lights for my pickup truck, and I think that this will fit the bill.

I like the individual lamps in the headlights, below them looks 'tacked' on and not that appealing.

Trunk use = cool. Is it uncool that I have one of the kids plastic sleds in mine to hold dirty stuff?

The Hate!!! It fuels my body :b

OK Gimmie a chance to take a decent picture. I think it looks more than "tacked on" in person. It legitimately looks Stock up close!

Also I think 'beige' colour doesn't do the LS justice to begin with. Put these lights in the same spot on a white LS, or a black LS, and it would improve overall to please the eye.

And around where I live, the only cars with LED's are Mercs and Audi. Nobody's got these on their cars yet. So it turns heads (in a good way)

Well it's also not helping that yours have a tacky looking blueish tint to them, if they were bright white like BigRig's than maybe they would look a little better.

Don't like how LincolnZero used these but then I'm no fan of the Angel Eyes look either. Of course, my opinion on this is irrelevant as I'm not the owner of any of these cars. I am glad this came up though. Bigrig, thanks for the trunk pics as they show how bright these guys can be. I've been looking for decent underhood lights for my pickup truck, and I think that this will fit the bill.

I Respect everyone opinion and I don't take offense. I would ask everyone to give it a try without relying on my terrible pics to judge tho. I seriously Think there is potential with these Walmart lights. And they are wickedly bright!

And who cares Audi has em. Only you are the judge of your own car :)

I don't care how good the pics are. At the end of the day you are still taping cheap walmart lights to your luxury vehicle.

Members online

Back