Waiting Room

Want to see a fast one, look up Parrish Silverado. That fellow was running a 4.8L twin turbo that was putting down some 1200HP. As I understand it, he's gone bigger on the engine and turbos, and is looking for 9 second quarter mile times. Same setup in a lightweight car, man oh man. Then go look at the Hurst Hairy Olds, and tell me that doesn't give you some ideas of using turbocharged LS engines instead of Olds big blocks.

fast is relative ;) the texas mile gt i work on is a bit over 3200 at the
wheel when turned up on full kill. have done many 800 - 1k hp LS
builds in my time.

i LOVE fast cars !

Let me know if one just... like... falls off a truck or something and maybe needs to be adopted. Even if it's one of the unwanted 600hp kind.

^ LOL, sometimes whole trailers go missing! in NJ you can have your trailer of electronics unloaded for free.

^ LOL, sometimes whole trailers go missing! in NJ you can have your trailer of electronics unloaded for free.

All depends on which exit you get off. The dealer I work at just had the wheels stolen off a used 370z. One side is on the ground, the other is on bricks. They didn't even give it the luxury of plastic milk crates. The car was sent to auction to try to dump it, but it came back without a sale. At about the same time as the theft, a set of 370 wheels showed up on Craigslist in the ~3rd sketchiest NJ city, about 30 minutes away. No picture, no mention of a vehicle, vague description, and no phone number, just the CL email.

You be the judge.

Just off into town to do a drive test for my next rollin' office job. This one's a big deal, brand new 2015 equipment and above average rates.

Can't help but be a bit nervous, really want this gig. Georgia and back, twice weekly, full loads, no LTL, No NYcity. Phew!

EDIT: well turns out I aced that one. Fingers crossed, When they call and say "go pee" means I'm in! I love peeing in cups! They like to watch!

Perv_Cat_Like_To_Watch.jpg

Congrats on the new job. If you see Jimmy Carter down there, do the world a favor and do the Australian triple trailer cattle encounter on him

Just off into town to do a drive test for my next rollin' office job. This one's a big deal, brand new 2015 equipment and above average rates.

Can't help but be a bit nervous, really want this gig. Georgia and back, twice weekly, full loads, no LTL, No NYcity. Phew!

EDIT: well turns out I aced that one. Fingers crossed, When they call and say "go pee" means I'm in! I love peeing in cups! They like to watch!

CONGRATS!!!!!! Isn't that a 3-day round trip???? Twice a week would be 6-day (work) weeks, yes????

70hrs in 8 days in the US, 70hr in 7 days in CDN, then I'd have to do a 36hr reset here in Canada with the span of two 1-5am overnights to be legal crossing back in.

The two country's regulations are different, depending on which schedule you run on. as long as we don't drive more then 11hrs per day within a 14hr work day and take a forced 30min break within first 8hrs of driving in the USA, we'll be alright. In Canada they allow you to run 13hrs driving time within a 14hr work day with no forced breaks. (cuz they crazy)

Stick to 70hrs in 7 days and were good, industry going to forced on board eLog by Sept/2106 anyhow, which is nice as a GPS enabled QualComm system inside the truck, changes your duty to driving status soon as the truck goes more the 3mi down the road. It will then tabulate your available hours remaining each day/week.

img-comm-04.jpg

Paper logs will be a thing of the past very soon, no more fudging the numbers!

EDIT: thanks on the CONGRATS, this is a good gig, first company I would run for that actually give benefits also, really hope I get it.

70hrs in 8 days in the US, 70hr in 7 days in CDN, then I'd have to do a 36hr reset here in Canada with the span of two 1-5am overnights to be legal crossing back in.

The two country's regulations are different, depending on which schedule you run on. as long as we don't drive more then 11hrs per day within a 14hr work day and take a forced 30min break within first 8hrs of driving in the USA, we'll be alright. In Canada they allow you to run 13hrs driving time within a 14hr work day with no forced breaks. (cuz they crazy)

Stick to 70hrs in 7 days and were good, industry going to forced on board eLog by Sept/2106 anyhow, which is nice as a GPS enabled QualComm system inside the truck, changes your duty to driving status soon as the truck goes more the 3mi down the road. It will then tabulate your available hours remaining each day/week.

img-comm-04.jpg

Paper logs will be a thing of the past very soon, no more fudging the numbers!

EDIT: thanks on the CONGRATS, this is a good gig, first company I would run for that actually give benefits also, really hope I get it.

May help...
kp22_x2_medium.jpg

^ hehehe already have a pair of those!

Just got the call, LOOKS LIKE I'M IN ... being send to lab for "Pre-employment drug testing"

~ Hope they got some good stuff, I'll bring along them juicy blueberry blunts ... just in case!

^ hehehe already have a pair of those!

Just got the call, LOOKS LIKE I'M IN ... being send to lab for "Pre-employment drug testing"

~ Hope they got some good stuff, I'll bring along them juicy blueberry blunts ... just in case!

Congratulations man, sounds like you're getting in where you want to be.

(and hopefully if any of us in the midwest near Georgia need anything brought down from CA... ;) )

Congratulations man, sounds like you're getting in where you want to be.

(and hopefully if any of us in the midwest near Georgia need anything brought down from CA... ;) )

Or vice versa, since it seems about half the board comes from the 51st state...

All done, barely provided to the line, should have drank more Captain Morgan on the way, they didn't offer any smokeables, thought for sure they were sending me to do some "drug testing" ... what a rip off!

Anyhow, sound like Orientation is next before I get introduced to one of the 12 brand new shiny truckies.

2 days of Blaa, blaabla safe driving, blablala, customer relations, blablabla ...

~ lets get rolling already, if the wheels aint turnin', I'm not earning. I've been off since end of November 2014, time to back at it. getting bored.

"Testing for drug use" has a very different meaning than "testing drugs."

Why must you always take everything so seriously, lighten up once and a while, i was joking, no-one would be that dumb. also not like I haven't pee'd before, truck drivers that either work in the US or those that cross border while be given a cup each and every time they move to a new company, it goes into a USA database, Canadians are subject to enrollment if they plan to run freight back and forth. In Canada they only would test you if it was part of an accident investigation. They would not be required to adhere to testing if the company ran within Canada only.

pretty basic stuff and yeah, they do not ask you to test any drugs! LOL

they are also required under US rules to perform RANDOM selected testing, just to keep us honest at all times.

clearly not....

...But a "Joe Bio" would be awesome!

...the story of little joegr, playing with his little toy lincoln's ...diagnosing all the big wheels in the neighborhood...

Greatest story ever written.

got a question here, got 2 codes today, P0136 bank 1 sensor 2, where is it located at on the car? and then i got code B1287 can you guys help me out? just bought the car, had it 2 days then check engine light came on and the ats light is blinking. Wife is mad at me. lol

... being send to lab for "Pre-employment drug testing"

On my drug tests I usually went with "B" or the longest answer.......

got a question here, got 2 codes today, P0136 bank 1 sensor 2, where is it located at on the car? and then i got code B1287 can you guys help me out? just bought the car, had it 2 days then check engine light came on and the ats light is blinking. Wife is mad at me. lol

Not the best thread for this. You'd do better if you started your own thread, or if you searched this site for the answers.

Bank 1 is the passenger side. Sensor 2 is after the catalytic converter. Please note that code is not saying the sensor is bad (it could be). It is saying there is a problem related to that sensing function. It could be the wiring, the sensor, or something related.

B1287 - That's an odd one. Are you sure that's the right code? What year is the LS and which engine? (Need to know this to tell you about this code.)

Do you have AdvanceTrac or just traction control? Either way, you'll have to use a code reader that can read Ford specific ABS codes to find out where to look for that problem. Any other warning lights on?

Sorry guys, i forgot to say i have a 2002 Lincoln ls v6.

Okay. I think that B1287 is related to the smog air pump that the V6 has. The official description is "Servo Motor Potentiometer Air Intake Left Circuit Short To Ground"

Members online

No members online now.
Back