Waiting Room

No I wasn't trying to do anything, just wondered and though it would look good/different.
Don't think it looks all that bad at all, the last pic with no fogs bigger grille inlet opening looks good also.

Just thinking outside the box. I'm not planning on putting the LSE bumper cover on mine at this time, just finished spending a boat load of cash on refinishing cosmetics on my LS which included the side marker deletes and custom fabing to get the 2nd GEN fogs to fit the 1st GEN bumper cover.

I'm done with spending money on it for now, I need other stuff like interior work and new speakers.

No I wasn't trying to do anything, just wondered and though it would look good/different.
Don't think it looks all that bad at all, the last pic with no fogs bigger grille inlet opening looks good also.

Haha, I know. It was just as I was editing them and saw how dark the Gen 2 surround is I realized I erased a circle to replace it with a circle surrounded by a rectangle and I felt all weird inside. My opinions:

The fogless looks too empty and vacant to me... kind of like the Gen 1 rear bumper.

The square fogs need to line up with the grille, but the grille is too tall to not have 02 STi-level fogs (dem 7 inchers).

The widemouth is overzealous.

The light-colored rectangular meshes are killing me... they look too much like braces on these cares. That goes for non-black, non-LSE, non-front-plated LSes too. Big, toothy, braced grins.

I agree with LSFrank on the bottom grill in general. It doesn't fit the car. Unfortunately I don't know what to suggest as a replacement.

That being said, the squirrel and the Bigrig grin look best of the three. The opening on the Bigrig grin is too big, but if it had fogs in the corners of the grill it would look nice. What I like about it is it carries the lines of the hood all the way down giving it a more finished look. What I like about the squirrel is it's clean looking. If anything it needs to be a bit smaller, if it were it would match the grill better.

Red_LS_kit.jpg

^ nice look for sure! It's a PS.

^ nice look for sure! It's a PS.

G8 lower bumper. If I had the money and didn't have a sentimental attachment, I'd trade the LS for a G8 GT. Similar comfort and quality (I think), but soooo much more aftermarket. The stock power alone would keep me satisfied for at LEAST two weeks lol

I like the look of the photoshop, though I think the bumper extends too low. I always can't understand why they put in projector highbeams... I can't think of any dedicated projector highbeams from the factory. Your see projector lows (HID or halogen) with reflector highs (halogen) and you see HID projector bixenons, but not the other way around.

Ricey driving lights maybe? I know it's a 'shop and all...

G8 lower bumper. If I had the money and didn't have a sentimental attachment, I'd trade the LS for a G8 GT. Similar comfort and quality (I think), but soooo much more aftermarket. The stock power alone would keep me satisfied for at LEAST two weeks lol

I like the look of the photoshop, though I think the bumper extends too low. I always can't understand why they put in projector highbeams... I can't think of any dedicated projector highbeams from the factory. Your see projector lows (HID or halogen) with reflector highs (halogen) and you see HID projector bixenons, but not the other way around.

Ricey driving lights maybe? I know it's a 'shop and all...

Those high beams are not HIDs, they are Fresnel lenses. Essentially they are a focused magnifying glass bulb. This is the same sort of lens used on a lighthouse. In operation they work OK, and from the outside they appear that your light is coming from a floating ball inside the lens rather than from a headlight. They use standard light bulbs.

So overpriced driving lights? A lot of OEM projectors use Fresnel lenses, but the aftermarket world steers away from them with "clear" lenses that improve light output.

My son's Lexus SC-400 had this style headlight on it, and it was the factory headlight. They looked neat from the outside. The light looked like it was coming from a glowing orb, not from a light bulb. I was not impressed with the output though. They weren't that bright on the road.

91381d1158538984-set-of-lexus-sc300-sc400-headlights-lamps-450-img_6786.jpg

Incredibly enough, the entire assembly is the low beam aside from the turn signals on the outside. The high beam is the little lights by themselves towards the grill.
250555d1340319280-f-s-clean-97-sc-headlights-headlights-2.jpg

I'd trade the LS for a G8 GT. Similar comfort and quality (I think), but soooo much more aftermarket. The stock power alone would keep me satisfied for at LEAST two weeks lol

man, If they would offer a manual trans on the 6.0 I would have traded the LS in a while ago, its silly you can only get the manual on the 6.2, which I would also love to have if they made more that five of them in total and any for sale were not still crazy expensive!

when I was buying the second LS O knew how bad I missed driving a manual, but still bought another one anyways. honestly, has bother me every time I drive it...

Well hey, the listing title says it's for a 2001-2002 LS, so it must be the updated tensioner, right? Only the 2000s were bad?

[sarcasm]

Adding to the LOL is how the compatibility and description say 2000-2001. So many flags saying "this seller doesn't know what he's doing"

Open engine, remove know bad plastic tentioners, put new plastic tentioner back in, LOL .... at least it would be new plastic, so worth it!

LOL, we all know there's a metal JAGUAR tentioner supposed to go in.

"New" 15 or so year old plastic.

Even if it was for the 2002 model year, its still likely to be old enough to use Nickelodeon.com without a parent

I'm curious how that recently-bought unused V8 goes for the member with the jumped timing... Did LvC properly drill into him he should do tensioners and VCGs before installing the engine?

nah, just a 5.7L. its a full build ( heads / cam / intakes / injectors, etc.. ). engine
is making around 520, which is about all you can squeeze out of a 5.7L when doing
n/a. plan on a 200 shot this spring, then maybe putting twin snails on it in the fall.

power band on it is 4600 - 7200.

man I don't know what it is, but the 5.7's like a lot of boost! you definitely see a lot more of them with a large snail versus any of the bigger ones... its probably just due to the cost, LS1s are a whole lot cheaper and easier to fine then LS2s or LS3s (however, the LS2s are starting to pop up here and there a lot more frequently recently !) or maybe its just the thicker wall between the cylinders...

that does sound like it runs real well!

Or maybe the LS1 crowd trying harder to keep up with the LS2s...

:)

most of the boosted applications you see on the street are iron block 5.3's,
which love boost, partially due to the lower compression.

ls1's are only a bit cheaper on the original purchase, but parts are readily
available, and are interchangeable from a mechanical parts standpoint.

ls3's are not interchaneable unless you do a full ls3 top end swap.

most of the boosted applications you see on the street are iron block 5.3's,
which love boost, partially due to the lower compression.

ls1's are only a bit cheaper on the original purchase, but parts are readily
available, and are interchangeable from a mechanical parts standpoint.

ls3's are not interchaneable unless you do a full ls3 top end swap.

It was a joke. I don't actually know much about Chevy engines other than the bigger the number at the end, generally, the more power from the factory, and that the Camaro is almost always one step behind the Corvette.

Regardless, they can all be faster with money. My buddy's '95ish LT1 Camaro is running over 1000hp NA and did 0-130 faster than I could sh!t a brick. I don't even want to get in his stock Impreza XT any more. He was about to be certified as the fastest NA LT1 but couldn't get his cage built in time before the '14 season ended

Members online

No members online now.
Back