Waiting Room

I'm going to guess you can sandwich the Mach spoiler between the bumper and the splash shield the way I did it (Gen 1), but A.) I can't guarantee that and B.) the sloped piece at the wheel will probably protrude past the spoiler.

Yea, my concern would be the design of the bumper below the fogs... it has a slight incline then a decline.. I wouldn't be satisfied with the gab that would become... I guess with detailed attention that gab could disappear but I don't want to molest my bumper and have to repaint it just tor rep a chin spoiler...

I will further explore my options... and if it bugs me enough to the point I absolutely need to manipulate the front fascia, then I guess it'll have to be done.

dont think I've ever seen one put on an 06/LSE bumper...

Oh, didn't realize it was an LSE. LSE8 only said 2nd gen, though now his avatar's bumper is glaring at me now.

I think the LSE bumper is perfect on it's own...

Oh, didn't realize it was an LSE. LSE8 only said 2nd gen, though now his avatar's bumper is glaring at me now.

I think the LSE bumper is perfect on it's own...

Yeah, its the LSE.. I do like it how it looks, but I do like small touches too... maybe lowering it on Eibachs will do the trick.

... the LSE bumper is perfect on it's own...

Other then the little chrome trim, which I would color match, black-out or nix it all together. +1 on LSE bumper.
Can you imagine an LSE bumper with the 2nd GEN square fog lamps, wonder what that would look like.

Photoshop
anyone.gif

What r you talking about, could look really good.

nope. not at all.

06/LSE bumper is perfect on its own

shape wouldn't come close to going with center opening IMO

In your opinion of course.
Others, like myself may have different taste/thoughts.

Personally I'm not real big on the rounded fogs, prefer the squared out look but like the more lower sitting LSE bumper cover.

The small chrome ring around the fascia air dam would actually look good black, I may do that if I can find a "Flat Plasti-Dip" to match the matte dam plastic. Hate painting over Chrome with any other paint as when it chips away it looks like a**. But the Small touches like that are what make our cars unique and Different.. Good call on that BigRig.. As Far as the Square Fogs, I do have one I may be able to hold over the round one, take a pic, then edit out my hand to get a taste of it... Will try this 2mor0 in the light

The small chrome ring around the fascia air dam would actually look good black, I may do that if I can find a "Flat Plasti-Dip" to match the matte dam plastic. Hate painting over Chrome with any other paint as when it chips away it looks like a**. But the Small touches like that are what make our cars unique and Different.. Good call on that BigRig.. As Far as the Square Fogs, I do have one I may be able to hold over the round one, take a pic, then edit out my hand to get a taste of it... Will try this 2mor0 in the light

Or...... Do what I did and just remove the chrome strip....

I've seen pics of it removed, leaves something that looks unfinished, clips it looked like, I'd have it filled in and smoothed out if going that route.
Cheapest would be to black it out or color match. Does look good though. I contemplate putting an LSE bumper on mine but damn, where does it stop!

CAM00813.jpg

Very unnoticeable if you ask me...could always fill with a steady hand and a smooth bead of silicone

CAM00813.jpg

Last edited:
I've seen pics of it removed, leaves something that looks unfinished, clips it looked like, I'd have it filled in and smoothed out if going that route.
Cheapest would be to black it out or color match. Does look good though. I contemplate putting an LSE bumper on mine but damn, where does it stop!

Actually it leaves slots that could be drainage slots. The clips are on the chrome strip. I'll see if I can find a pic...

edit:
Here's one. Disregard the damage as this was after taking out a tire on the freeway.....

P4152361.jpg

P4152361.jpg

She's leaking! either that or couldn't hold it any longer.

Yeah, those little gaps don't bother you much? My OCD could not deal with that!

Wish the none LSE bumper covers extended downwards just a bit further, end up with a bit more NASCAR front end look.

She's leaking! either that or couldn't hold it any longer.

Yeah, those little gaps don't bother you much? My OCD could not deal with that!

Wish the none LSE bumper covers extended downwards just a bit further, end up with a bit more NASCAR front end look.

I think that was left over from when I changed the upper radiator hose. DON'T TELL THE EPA!!!!!!!!

Not really. They really aren't that visible when looking from above. You really have to be looking straight at them to see them.

looks alright, I may have to go with painting it tho.. one of them things that ill kno is missing and it'll eat at me!

Hate painting over Chrome with any other paint as when it chips away it looks like a**.

I painted my chrome grille trim/forehead tiara black by painting it with 3 coats of adhesion promoter, 2 coats of black enamel, and 3 coats of clear enamel. Adhesion coats were 3 minutes apart IIRC, paint and clear coats were 10 minutes apart. I don't think I sanded it, just an alcohol wipedown. A few months, a few thousand miles, and a cracked windshield later, still no chips.

This statement is backed by the LSFrank Research Institute of Photoshoppin'

Other then the little chrome trim, which I would color match, black-out or nix it all together. +1 on LSE bumper.
Can you imagine an LSE bumper with the 2nd GEN square fog lamps, wonder what that would look like.

Photoshop
anyone.gif

I call this one "dimples"

lse g2 fog out.jpg

The "Is there bleu cheese on my cheeks from these wings?"

lse square fog out.jpg

The "ChubbyBunny^TM with marshmallows"

lse g2 fog in.jpg

The "Squirrel with nuts in it's cheeks"

lse no fog.jpg

And lastly, "Rig sees a nice LS"

lse grille wide.jpg

lse g2 fog out.jpg

lse square fog out.jpg

lse g2 fog in.jpg

lse no fog.jpg

lse grille wide.jpg

Squirrel with nuts in it's ch... Hey, that's a nice looking LS you have there!

LOL

But let me get this straight.... You want to remove the LSE round fogs and put in rectangular assemblies.... That still have round fogs?

Anyway, I don't know if its just LSE-envy, but the fogless one is growing on me...

Members online

Back