Waiting Room

ah, yes good show, seen it a could of times.

whatcar.jpg

Came across this little thing in my travels, what is it?

whatcar.jpg

either a BRZ or a FRS

its a joint venture between Subaru and Toyota

basically a small two seat Toyota body with a flat four Subaru motor and RWD. both versions are pretty much identical. the Toyota version is sold under the Scion brand here in the states.

fun as hell to drive, just like a freaking go cart on rails! could be a little faster since its not a turbo Subaru motor and they don't have a STI version yet...

also, in my opinion, better than a Nissan Z.

is that the scripted race show?

probably is, but damn if there are not some beautiful cars on there built blank check style! I really don't consider any of them real street cars... pretty much tube chassis pro mod cars raced on (closed) streets.

Thanks for the info on that Loud1, 4 banger you say huh? hmmm ..... PASS!!!!! Does look sharp to me though.

ehh

Performance[edit]
Top speed: 145 mph (233 km/h)[27]
Acceleration:
0–62 mph (0–100 km/h): 7.6 s (Toyota, Motor Trend, claimed)[28]
0–60 mph (0–97 km/h): 6.0-6.2 s (estimate)[29][30]
Standing 1/4 Mile: 14.7-14.9s[29]

but its not a LS, there is an aftermarket for it...

never said it was faster than a Z, just that I though it was better.

an LS friend got one a while ago and threw a pro charger on it. damn thing impressed me and with the cheaper price, it allows you to take that route easier.

Recommended summer (or winter) reading:

"The Lion's Game" by Nelson DeMille.

It's nearly a 1,000 page paperback, but I couldn't put it down.

I'm 1300 miles into a roadtrip through Cherry spring park PA, Niagara Falls, Lake George, Burlington, Lake Winnepesauke, and Boston, and every long straight on a highway or winding curve in the mountains or tricky merge has me thinking "I wish I had the LS for this"

I'm 1300 miles into a roadtrip through Cherry spring park PA, Niagara Falls, Lake George, Burlington, Lake Winnepesauke, and Boston, and every long straight on a highway or winding curve in the mountains or tricky merge has me thinking "I wish I had the LS for this"

Don't feel bad for not spelling Lake Winnipesaukee correctly,most locals cant either !
expect some slow traffic driving around the lake as the tourists slow it down.
some good eats at "the Mill" in Meredith and by the bridge downtown Wolfeboro.

I hope you took some time to ride up Mt Washington's Auto Road. I've done it a few times, once top down in my retro Bird.

Great experience.

^ least you are still around to be able to scratch that one off your bucket list. Beats taking a dirt nap.

Don't feel bad for not spelling Lake Winnipesaukee correctly,most locals cant either !
expect some slow traffic driving around the lake as the tourists slow it down.
some good eats at "the Mill" in Meredith and by the bridge downtown Wolfeboro.

Close enough :) Thanks for the tip, but we're long gone from the area now. We got there around 6pm on Sunday night and didn't really make it to the lake itself, so traffic was not a problem. We ate at Tavern 27 on 104, a bit north of "downtown" Laconia I believe. Good food, small portions, pricey, every dish is designed for 2 or 4 people, but it wasn't too bad going with a vacationing mentality and had a nice old timey New England vibe

I hope you took some time to ride up Mt Washington's Auto Road. I've done it a few times, once top down in my retro Bird.

Great experience.

It was a bit too far out of the way, but I'm already planning our next trip since we decided to cut out Maine entirely. I want to take a more direct route to Maine, then do the roadtrippy stuff from there. Mt Washington and coastal Canada are on the potential itinerary. And I want the LS that time...

Found this in the mail today......

Arizona CCW resize.jpg

Mailed the paperwork in on the 17th (last Monday), approval letter the 20th, postmarked the 21st and received the permit today, the 24th.

Not too shabby in my book!! Especially since they said it took about 75 days!! Gotta love the free state of Arizona!!!!! Now if I could get my wife to move to Flagstaff......

Arizona CCW resize.jpg

lol, for a minute, I though you had won the lottery of the peoples republik

lol, for a minute, I though you had won the lottery of the peoples republik

It would be easier to win the lottery than get one of those there. I wouldn't want a CA CCP anyway, because that's just registering your weapons there.

Incidentally, avoid Maryland now that you have that. The cops there use tag readers and match them up with who have CCW in their home states. If they see you have a CCW, they're very likely to pull you over to search your car for your weapons, even the hidden ones in the door panels, headliner, inside the seats, inside the spare, ect. Been a few internet complaints about this.

It would be easier to win the lottery than get one of those there. I wouldn't want a CA CCP anyway, because that's just registering your weapons there.

Incidentally, avoid Maryland now that you have that. The cops there use tag readers and match them up with who have CCW in their home states. If they see you have a CCW, they're very likely to pull you over to search your car for your weapons, even the hidden ones in the door panels, headliner, inside the seats, inside the spare, ect. Been a few internet complaints about this.

It isn't CA, it's an AZ non-resident. Once Edward Peruta v. County of San Diego is settled I should easily get my CA CCW.

Members online

Back