Waiting Room

not sure how I feel about this new LVC layout

Struggling with it also. and by the number of post, I'd say others are too... but i'm sure we'll all get use to it. Or LVC will die and rot away!!!!... probably not though lol. Dear god change the colors though... I feel sad just looking at these blue colors.

Congrats to all grads. Hope you all find what your looking for.

some may have already seen it, but if not here ya go...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmpYnxlEh0c

not sure how I feel about this new LVC layout

Struggling with it also. and by the number of post, I'd say others are too... but i'm sure we'll all get use to it. Or LVC will die and rot away!!!!... probably not though lol. Dear god change the colors though... I feel sad just looking at these blue colors.

Having a hard time with the adjustment as well, prefer the white look from before.
Sigs are down to 400 characters and that's including the markup code.
posting area is much narrower now. links are hard to notice. doesn't embed youtube vids anymore.

censored.gif
'n left the fuel valve c*ck in the OPEN position

$T2eC16NHJGwE9n)ySfb8BP+znKfb!g~~60_12.JPG

since I used my whole house generator last in the garage (yeah no worries, I run it just outside the garage door with my dog chained to it.)

Anyhow, it's regular of me to pull the Genny out from underneath the steps and pull it to the open door and work the electric & pull start and run it weekly for a couple of minutes.

Well ... don't I
censored.gif
'n put it back but forgot to turn the
censored.gif
'n fuel valve to the OFF position, with all the hot weather as of recent, the garage temps have been climbing and guess what happens to fuel stored in containers that are exposed to rising temperatures ?

Yeah, because the fuel valve was left open the pressure build up and pushed it through the carb and all onto the floor near the edge of the house.

Our house has a garage that was an afterthought or I should say a car port that was build into a garage, so my center blocks of where the basement starts underneath, is at the edge of the inside of my garage where I keep my Generators. (mini&maxie)

This fuels leaks down the side of my center blocks below grade and gets into the Fn drainage around the house and starts to smell up the sump pump pit and I mean REALLY smell up the house with fuel, about 3/4 of a 4 gallon tank on that Generator. all gone, pushed out, leaked into the side of the house, got into my water table and Fn stunk up the house.

I'm sure it didn't do this over just one day. had to have done this over the span of a couple of days and took me a bit to notice the smell in the basement coming from the sump pump pit, it rained yesterday afternoon, evening and overnight. the rain ... it's what caused the fuel to push through the drainage and eventually got it to the sump pit.

Good thing we have a fancy water filtration system that I spend big bucks on some years ago. I was actually replacing the UV lamp and a faulty power supply that had gone into alarm some few days before this. We don't drink the water anyhow but we wash bath and crap in it. Maybe cook a little with regular water, mostly make coffee from the tap water.

I did run to the store today and picked up a water testing kit and it seems all good, can't smell it anyhow, outside the house or from the taps.
it's prob not that far down the water table yet but it's in my sump and around the drainage basement foundation.

censored.gif
me! ... Windows open, garage door open, portable fans all around, furnace fan running, kitty litter on spill in garage. Yuck !!! 2 days now!!!
censored.gif
me!

~ must
censored.gif
'n remember to close fuel valve on generators after use especially during the summers.

I SUCK !!! ...
smiley-score001.gif

Honey, no need to worry, I have a headache from the fumes so I'll not be wanting any sex for a while 10-4 ?

attachment.gif

OK, so it's ... don't forget to get the
censored.gif
'n retorques on the wheels done and don't
censored.gif
'n forget to shut the damn fuel valves off !!!

I'm getting old, starting to forget stuff, what's my name and why did I bring home another carton of milk again ?

Come in !!! ... Who's there ... Knock, knock ... Hello ? :Bang
wallbash.gif

/END RANT, thank you, SORRY! :cool:

$T2eC16NHJGwE9n)ySfb8BP+znKfb!g~~60_12.JPG

apple....puh

I found it on Twitter considering I have an Android phone. I don't get into the heated debates about which phone's "better" they all do the same stuff and the differences are minuscule at best. Myspace, lazy man's email. Facebook, lazy man's Myspace. Twitter, Lazy man's Facebook. Vine, lazy man's YouTube.

i never see any "vines" posted on twitter... guess i'm following the wrong people

Seeing as this is the off-topic thread, I would like some opinions. I'm looking to buy a motorcycle and found one online for a really good price. It's a Kawasaki Vulcan 500... any thoughts? Suggestions? Please spare me the motorcycle horror stories and comments about how its dangerous to ride, etc. I'm looking into something kinda sporty/cruiser but don't want something bigger than 600CC and this seems to fit the bill.

I want to get a bigger bike but I don't at the same time... last year I was on a bigger bike and someone hit me on it and I had some serious injuries - concussion, eye gash (13 stitches) dislocated shoulder and clavicle. I don't want anything big anymore I just want something small to take out on the weekends every now and then when no one else is on the road, ya know? I'm a little nervous getting back on the bike too after last year thats why I want something small. So I want something 500-600 cc. Any suggestions in that range? Maybe a Yamaha YZF?

Maybe something cheap, mid 80's like a 1983 Honda Nighthawk CB750SC, those can be had for a couple of grand.

Clipboard01.jpg

See, no skinny wheels up front.

or,

Yamaha V Star 650

16218146_1.jpg

you can see, I don't care much for those bikes with tiny front wheels.

Clipboard01.jpg

16218146_1.jpg

Yeah maybe... we'll see.. as girlish as this sounds I even took a course a couple of weekends ago for people who have been in a bike accident to kinda re-build ur confidence to get back on a bike. Few times I felt really uncomfortable and those were 250cc. Accident wasn't even my fault but still.

hate to say it (i ride also...although all bikes are sold a the moment...ahhh this summers going to suck)... but a hits a hit... just as easy to go down in a neighborhood (see it before) as anywhere else... See if you have any used dealers around you.. they usually have several types and sizes you can go get a feel for.

good luck man, glad to see you getting back on.

Yeah, I understand, I had a pretty nasty accident myself but you either got to never ride again or get right back on.
good that you want to build up some confidence again and get out and enjoy the summer on a bike, just take it easy.

So.... I'll have a set of Eibach's for sale later today. They've been on for a little over a year and about 16K miles.

Interest?

Just heard from the shop. I won't be able to retrieve the car until tomorrow. He did say the Eibachs looked new.

I'm leaving Afghanistan today and in September my contract will be over. Got the last of the parts ordered for my LS, just gotta get back and put it into motion. I cant wait to show you guys the progress.

EAS day is a WONDERFUL day. Seriously, I imagine that feeling of walking out of admin after shaking the CO's hand is comparable to something like having a child.

Found these earlier, figured most of you gents would enjoy it.

[video=youtube;-PZ5J3GLSYI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-PZ5J3GLSYI[/video]

Before I post these in the For Sale section where all of 6 people will see them.....

I have reverted to stock springs. These Eibach's were on for about a year and about 16K miles. G-RELL gets first right of refusal and jmtiseo gets second as they both shot a PM my way. I'm looking for $200+ actual shipping. Here are a few pics...

photo-1.jpg

photo-2.jpg

photo-3.jpg

Members online

Back