VIDEO-How to install LED Angels eyes. 03-06 lights only

So whats the recipe for baked headlight??

Do you have to marinade them first? lol

To clarify
20 min at 200 is what lightwurkz says
8 min at 250 is what lskoncepts says

Umnitza is finally putting labels on their boxes and sending instructions?

Last time I got them it was the rings and 'ballasts' tossed into a plain box with no documentation whatsoever... lol

Mine came the same way. Where is my box.label and instructions..lol jk

On a diffrent note. Installing these bad boys this weekend! Can't wait.

Alax or anyone that might know for the for the clear plastic for the reflector piece, I'm assuming you had to cut it to that shape. Dumb question but I had to ask.

Yeah, you have to cut it to shape

You talking about the corner reflector? The best way to cut it is to score the back with a knife using the orange one as a template, then break it along the line. Don't try to take scissors to it cause it doesn't work.

Okay thanks. Just getting all my supplies to do the job. After reading and viewing alax's vid I'm getting more confident. Only thing I'm weary about is the cutting of the light with the dremel and actually sealing them back up. Any certain technique on the cutting process or even the sealing process?

Just cut through the plastic part on top of the silicone. You'll be able to tell when your through. Then take a hobby knife and cut all the silicone you can. To seal them up run a bead where the cut is and use your finger to smooth it out. Its actually not that hard to do any of it. Just takes time.

Just cut through the plastic part on top of the silicone. You'll be able to tell when your through. Then take a hobby knife and cut all the silicone you can. To seal them up run a bead where the cut is and use your finger to smooth it out. Its actually not that hard to do any of it. Just takes time.

+1

I've been saying this to the guys who are scared to cut their lights. It's not hard at all, it's just time consuming. It sounds scary when you say you are going to cut your light apart, but it's hard to mess them up when cutting.

Yeah, that looks right. Just go there in person, they have white and clear, go with clear.

Yeah bought it already, it's clear. :) Can't wait to install them.

Just wanted to post a little update. This is more for people who are about to do this so they can do some preventive maintenance.

When you pull the low-beam ring apart, there is some minor stress put on the bottom center. The rings are constructed in a way of two halves of an LED board that are soldered together in the middle.

In some cases (mine and Alax's that are known of) The ring could develop a intermittent or permanent flicker/failing to turn on. Resulting in only the first half of the ring being lit.

One of my rings started doing this, so I ripped open the light and inspected the issue.

I found you can pull the backing off of the actual ring and gain access to the back of the board easily without major modification. I even did this with the ring still installed into the bezel.

What you need to do is either remove the plastic backing (be careful). before I realized the backing can be removed without cutting, I actually used my solder iron and melted away a square of plastic over the center joint.

ringdbo.jpg

As you can see here, there is a displayed B+ and B- in respective rows on each half, these are points you can use to beef of the solder point between the pos and neg respectively. A thin solder point connecting the 4 points on the back of the ring along with the ones that are already on the front ensure that the bending process has not done any damage.

I recommend doing this AFTER you have bent the ring, so you don't just break your newly beefed up solder joint.

I also warn that if you do this, I recommend just taking the backing off and taking the board out before soldering. I did it with the board still inside of the ring and the solder dripped between the two halves and ruined/melted the inside of the ring doing cosmetic damage.

I have since ordered a new ring and will rebend it and solder it before re installing.

Yea. Since Alax did your lights, it is really easy to cut them open. (if the ring gets bad enough)

I got mine open with an exacto knife just going into the cut groove he had underneath the RTV sealant. I was really dreading opening it, but it was easy. I am not afraid to open the second one if it starts doing the same now.. lol

What kind of RTV sealant did alax use? I am curious, I will be ripping mine apart this weekend. And thanks drizzie for finding that just in time for me to do mine!

It seems that this really happens on the second gen headlights correct?

Bullschmidt, are you having the same issues?

Manoli, our low beam rings are bent to be wider to fit better. If you don't alter the ring's structure (not sure if gen1s needed it) then I doubt you will have issues.

Maybe you missed my post in the HID thread when you aired out your frustration. I have been having the same issue for a couple months now. Alax and LeaSr77 have as well.

Ah yea i forgot about that. Or maybe I misunderstood and thought it was about the fogs.

I am going to take out my led fogs and try to beef them up again. If that doesnt solve the issues I am going back to HID. Can't beleive the deterioation on those things.

Members online

No members online now.
Back