Updates + Pictures of my Pontiac G8 GT w/ C6 Z06 Corvette wheels

ILLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Well the G8 has gone through a few minor transformations both functional and cosmetic since I last updated you guys and girls here so I figure it's time for an update.

Here is the performance parts modlist for the G8 as it stands right now:

-KBX Performance designed progressive wet nitrous system with remote bottle opener, bottle heater and full NHRA spec gear.
-KBX Performance Tune
-KBX Performance CAI
-Magnaflow exhaust
-Powerbond UDP
-Vector HSRK
-Mickey Thompson ET Street Radials (need the traction bad!)

With this combo the car should be putting down around 350-370rwhp N/A and around 450-475rwhp in the spray. On a good day it should turn a low 13 to possibly squeaking a high 12's N/A and turn a low 12's and maybe even a high 11 on the spray. The biggest problem was severe lack of traction after I did the nitrous system. I fixed that with the MT ET Streets. When I did that I had to buy a whole new set of wheels to allow the MT's to mount on them. I figured since I was going that far I might as well get matching front wheels to make a complete package that looks presentable even if it is for the track. Even though I am not big on modding the exterior of vehicles for looks I figured since I am forking out the money I might as well at least attempt to make it look good too. I am going for the deep blue car accented with dark wheels and window tint with a small touch of chrome.

Soon I will be doing forced induction for the G8 which I believe I had mentioned before in here. Just waiting on a few things to occur before I can start ordering parts for that. Afterwards I will keep it detuned to around 500rwhp and then once I can eliminate AFM and replace the rod and head bolts I will turn the boost up a little bit and level it out to a tad over 600 hp at the tires and keep it as a fun street vehicle with some strip use.

Overall I am pretty satisfied with how the car looks on its other set of wheels and tires. Here is a few pics of the G8 as it sits now.

006.jpg

009.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

023.jpg

026.jpg

028.jpg

008.jpg

Not the biggest fan of the wheels but the car is sick. I'm trying to get my GTO but insurance still hasn't paid me for my accident.

those wheels actually look LESS attractive than the stock wheels, but I undertand that you are strictly into performance and not looks, so I hear ya. Good job with the power and the mods

those wheels actually look LESS attractive than the stock wheels, but I undertand that you are strictly into performance and not looks, so I hear ya. Good job with the power and the mods

Hey it's cool man. I saved about 30 lb total rotational weight moving from the stocker wheels and tires to this setup. That is a big improvement for getting rotational weight down so I am all for that. I figured that the look of those wheels on my car would turn some off and others would like it. I took a video of it too but haven't edited the clips all together. For some reason this car just doesn't seem very photogenic to me. It always looks much better in person walking around it then in still shots. Of course the person behind the camera could be at fault too. I am glad I know about cars because I suck at photography. :D

Come on down to MS and we can play at the strip. To make it fair you can leave your bottle in and I will take mine out... :p :F heeheeheehee ;)

ehhhh 12sec sprayed sedan with Dr's vs 12 sec sprayed sedan with DR's sounds fair! Loser buys my turbo?

atleast I know the tuner for my car is better than the clown who tuned yours! :p (for those who dont know, he tuned both cars)

I completely agree, the G8 looks bland in pictures, but awesome in person. Everytime I see one on the road, I stare. Very muscular design. I'm not really feeling the wheels (maybe a combo of gunmetal on that blue?), but still a sweet car.

Beautiful car. I love the G8, and the wheels look good. If I had the money I'd be driving an '09 G8 GT.

atleast I know the tuner for my car is better than the clown who tuned yours! :p (for those who dont know, he tuned both cars)

Yeah but what you didn't know is that I tuned your car drunk.... :p

Totally kidding. :D

Yup, nice car! The wheels look perfectly fit for purpose.

Did you see the mini review of the Lingenfelter G8 GT in Car And Driver, ILLS? Nice looking car (minus the bling wheels) but abit expensive IMO for what you get. Guess you pay for the name and included warranty.

Did you see the mini review of the Lingenfelter G8 GT in Car And Driver, ILLS? Nice looking car (minus the bling wheels) but abit expensive IMO for what you get. Guess you pay for the name and included warranty.

Yep overpriced in my opinion too. But as you said, you pay for the name. The funny thing is that Lingenfelter didn't depart much from the original Magnacharger supercharger system that exists for these cars already. Just added a few plastic pieces, bells, and whistles and thats it. I suppose it is cool for the rich people though.

thats ok... only race drunk so it works out!

If we ever race you will want to get drunk afterwards too....because I will spank that azz so bad you will need a bottle of booze to wash the taste of my cars dust out of your mouth...hehehe :D :D :D

Let the craptalking begin! :p

If we ever race you will want to get drunk afterwards too....because I will spank that azz so bad you will need a bottle of booze to wash the taste of my cars dust out of your mouth...hehehe :D :D :D

Let the craptalking begin! :p

just for that, I'm going to bring the LS and the TA. then Im going to laugh when a third gen spanks you too!!!!!

just for that, I'm going to bring the LS and the TA. then Im going to laugh when a third gen spanks you too!!!!!

Oh no Sean. You are already having to resort to getting the wife's car out for your dirty work. ;)

Members online

No members online now.
Back