Under Body Canister Tray on 97-98 mark VIII

manish

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
the tray under the rear that holds two canisters is rusted out on mine. i was wondering if anyone here has made a custom one. this is an item i think we will need. if there are any custom fab ones out please post pics of them here.

Thanks! i just sent him a email. i hope he can find one. And i hope you don't mind me copying yours. I love that silver powder coating finish!! :cool:

Mine is nearly gone. I thought about fabbing one out of stainless. If I do, I will post pics.

The original is a horible design... just asking for rust.

Went to 2 salvage yards and their either gone or in worse shape than mine. I need one really bad before my car goes to paint.

I've got all the tools, box and pan and all that good stuff. I should whip one up using my parts car as a pattern, I might be able to hook you guys up.

I'll make one tomorrow when I'm at the shop, it'll be mild steel but i could do aluminum or stainless if you guys wanted it.

well count me in! like i said i really need one bad! let me know cost asap also.

Just a note....that f7lz-9d665-ac "tray" was $96.00 when it was discontinued last november and is not available anywhere on the locator.
max

Just a note....that f7lz-9d665-ac "tray" was $96.00 when it was discontinued last november and is not available anywhere on the locator.
max

I was just going to say give us a group deal on it Max. Thanks for putting the water on it.

Here is another item worthy of a group buy.

I see kustomizingkid is taking a stab at it.

We'll let that play out and see what he comes up with. Otherwise, I have a friend who owns a fab company that can get it done.

Post here if interested in getting one so we can see the demand. Would like at least 10 guys to play.

The price should be a lot less than Ford price.

1) kustomizingkid
2) MonsterMark
3) Manish
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

If it's a decent price I would probably get one. Mine is still intact but it won't be for to much longer.

hell i dont care if its made out of license plates, ill have mwb rattle can the hell out of it

Ah.. So this is the thing that Chicken was having me look for on a Gen I:rolleyes:

Pan_Before.JPG

Pan_After.JPG

I will be building my prototype after work tomorrow, I think I might narrow it up a bit and move the canister a little closer together. I can't see a single good reason why they had them so far apart.

Heres what I whipped up after work, its a little rough and I did it quick. I will clean them up if I build more of them.

Evap 1.JPG

Evap 2.JPG

Evap 3.JPG

looks good but you better put some holes in it or its gonna get water in there and have no where to drain! i would also coat it with etching primer and then maybe a undercoating of some kind or a very durable outdoor paint for metal, maybe even patio furniture paint. looks great though!

Members online

No members online now.
Back