Under Body Canister Tray on 97-98 mark VIII

wow i like! coming alone nicely. will you be offering any options with protective coating? I'm thinking powder coating (gray). Again nice job!

That one is yours Chicken, it's a bit rough just as a fore warning.

I need to see how many of these people are interested in, if it is enough I'll do a few and maybe get them powder coated. It's really a matter of cost though, if people want to pay more I'll paint them or get them powder coated, if not I'll sell them in bare metal and they can paint there own.

I will be adding some drain holes on the rest of them, and will be leaving the corners unwelded to aid in draining.

I'm trying to figure out how much to charge. If I make them out of 18 gauge, and make them clean with more drain holes it will take me 2 hours or so, and thats very generous shop time, the way I like to work on my personal time.

I'm thinking around $50 prolly.

I'm trying to figure out how much to charge. If I make them out of 18 gauge, and make them clean with more drain holes it will take me 2 hours or so, and thats very generous shop time, the way I like to work on my personal time.

I'm thinking around $50 prolly.

Thats a good number to start with.

Well I'm happy that you guys like the price.

So how many people would be interested for $50+shipping?

for 50 count me in, how much to powder coat it? also what is shipping coat to detroit.

So

1. MERIJONS97LSC
2. Manish
3. Hot 97
4.Rich88LSC

All of these are for sure.
I'll prolly make 5 this weekend when I have some time, if more peole want one I could prolly make 10 though.

Is anyone absolutely against getting these in bare metal and painting it themselves? I don't really want to paint them, and I'm sure not everyone wants the same color. I would prolly prime them though.

how do you powder coat? i'm not being funny either..lol is it a sray can process? if so then i will take mine bare metal as well.... heck just prime it and i will paint it the same color blue as my mark :cool:

i wonder why the rot/rust so bad
i was just under my wifes 97 taurus (11 yrs old, 150k)doing some work and i saw that it has a tray very similar to the gen 2 marks ,i live in the northeast snow belt region and on the taurus the tray looks like its 1 or 2 years old,just has road dirt on it and no rust??

i have had to replace brake lines on this car because they rusted through from the outside in,yet this tray is like new.

wierd that the mark would use a different quality tray

Yeah my 2nd gen mark deal fell threw... I called the day before I was gonna pick it up and they told me it was stolen off thier lot the night before.... bastards sold it

Heres where I'm at with this, I've got the metal, and the tools, but I have had no time lately. I made one tonight, and will be working on more tomorrow.

Members online

No members online now.
Back