UltimateSVT's black on black '97 SLOOOWWW progress thread

If I was to win the lottery I'd buy 10 of these Temple bumpers... oh & 10 Cobra R hoods. Don't know exactly why but I would just because I would never want to have this issue again!!!

Don't know what good 10 first gen hoods are going to be on a second gen :p

As some of you know, my black '97 is still a blank canvas. Clear coat has yet to be layed on all 3 tops so I'm just playing around with photoshop.

REMEMBER, in a year or so I will end up painting the whole car so whatever happens now can be reversed & I plan on painting the car DARK, DARK, DARK blue when I'm good & ready to paint the whole car.

Anyway, what do you guys think? NOTE: Colored stripe would be way thinner & not decided on color. Hell I'm not decided on anything other than the OEM black right now.

dQ_640.png

dQ_640-1.png

Lol... & no guys Ed Hall didn't hack into my acct. Lol...

I think this is a sign of me really wanting a different car. I'm dieing for a real 60's muscle ROD I guess.

That ain't it, fellow Floridian! :cool:

btw, dieing is what you do to your seats, dying is what you do six feet under.

97 markja who is making the hoods on the marks that is what i want but to have cowl.in the back as well seend me a pm if u dont mind thanks

Guys, haven't really done much more to the car. Except for the last couple months the tranny (which shift's perfect)was starting to grind a bit while driving at a steady 40 mph. It felt like you were going over bricks + it had a tranny fluid leak that was driving me up the wall. Well, took it to the shop today. Had the springs replaced, new tranny filter, new "O" ring gasket on the filler tube & obviously new gasket on the tranny. All for $175.00. Can't beat that.

Now she shifts like a dream. As smooth or smoother than my prairie tan.

Here are some pictures I took of her today @ sunset. As you can see, she still sits flat black on top! I can't wait until I get to paint her so she's nice & shinny like new! :)

trannyshudder-1.jpg

goodpic3.jpg

goodpic2.jpg

goodpic1.jpg

goodpic4.jpg

@Ultimatesvt dude if you are planning on painting it now is the time to do it maaco paint and body shop is doing a special for black friday, I think it is 50 % off on the paint job i have to call to verify but im pretty sure thats what i saw on one of their commercials

@Ultimatesvt dude if you are planning on painting it now is the time to do it maaco paint and body shop is doing a special for black friday, I think it is 50 % off on the paint job i have to call to verify but im pretty sure thats what i saw on one of their commercials

I saw the ad. Do t know how good the quality would be though. The body shop guy that is painting my car is going to do the whole job for $700+paint. Im going w/high quality.

maaco paint and bodyshop is supposedly well know never heard anything bad from them ill search some customer reviews and get back to you.

i think im going to take mines to maaco to get my side moldings did....ill let you know how they are price wise.

Well, I spent the afternoon messing with my black '97.
  • Took apart the driver's side side view mirror which stained from the ever so popular failure that occurs to all of them eventually.
  • Cleaned it out & re-installed it
  • Afterwards I messed with my exhaust a bit. Sounds decent now. Low tone, a bit too quiet for my taste but it will do for now.
  • Washed the car
  • Re-re-restored (lol) my front headlamps. Wanted them to look way better & that they do.
  • Lastly, I took some nice pictures for all to enjoy.

Side view mirror Restore
20121120_131013.jpg

20121120_131019.jpg

20121124_181507mirror.jpg

Headlamp restore
20121124_181040.jpg

20121124_181031800-1.gif

20121124_182830.jpg

Since I've been messing with the black 97 the last few days, I decided to do a simple/cheap little upgrade to make the interior look that much nicer/sportier. This morning I just finished doing this:

20121126_154208ss.jpg

PAINTED A SPARE CENTER CONSOLE SURROUND BEZEL IN GLOSS BLACK

20121125_155337ss.jpg

INSTALLED SHIFT BOOT FOR A SPORTIER LOOK

20121127_123631ss.jpg

Now I have to go back outside & clean the rest of the interior. :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back