Turtle Wax Black Box

Whats your personal favorite with things like wax and wash? Still trying out different stuff and am definitely down for some suggestions

Ill post up my favorites in the am. I'm on the gf's iPhone right now, typing is easier on a regular computer for me lol.

Personally haven't got the results out of it that I have with other products. And I've tried a LOT of products. Though I'll admit I haven't tried the Black Box.

I used to be the same way, i only use professional products when i detail my car. I use a professional flex buffing wheel with a bunch of different pads, heat activated compound, polishes and waxes. The black box is cheap ($20), but it honestly worked really well, i was suprised at how good my car came out.

i really like the black box's results, but friggin hate the process, takes MINIMUM 4hrs, up to 7 like previous guy said

if you are gonna invest that much time, at least make sure everything underneath is top notch.

ill redo it soon once the damn weather gets better
do the a to z detailing
wash > clay > compound > polish > wax(black box)

i cheated the other day and used only the step 2 carnauba wax, gave it a really nice shine, more than normal wax, 2 of my friends noticed it was more shiny than usual, lasted for 2 days... and then it rained.............. :mad:)

also quick advice remember to wear black when you do it lol.... seriously

Ultrastar said:
i really like the black box's results, but friggin hate the process, takes MINIMUM 4hrs, up to 7 like previous guy said

if you are gonna invest that much time, at least make sure everything underneath is top notch.

ill redo it soon once the damn weather gets better
do the a to z detailing
wash > clay > compound > polish > wax(black box)

i cheated the other day and used only the step 2 carnauba wax, gave it a really nice shine, more than normal wax, 2 of my friends noticed it was more shiny than usual, lasted for 2 days... and then it rained.............. :mad:)

also quick advice remember to wear black when you do it lol.... seriously

Lol sounds good

Yeah, it seems like cutting the bar is just an unnecessary amount of penny pinching. If your clay barring your car, you can probably handle the $20 a year or so.

It is not so much about the cost as it is about preserving the clay for later. Use what you need, and you have spare for when what you have is done or should you drop it.

I fail at this kind of stuff. Maybe if i had a garage i would be better at cleaning cars.

Take a few days off work. Buy some beer and a DA rotary. I did this last year...

Wash
Clay
Wash
IPA Wipedown
Meguiars M105
Meguiars M205
Meguiars M80 Glaze
IPA Wipedown
Klasse AIO Sealant
Wax

Sit back and Profit.

The best I find for my black car is Liquid Ebony. I must have my old supply because after I googled it seems they are no longer in business, but still I find it to really get the black very deep in color and minimize swirls and scratches. I use it in a last stage before waxing the car.

The last 2 times I took the wheel to my car I my process was

1) clean car
2) clay bar
3) 3m Perfect It compound
4) Liquid Ebony
5) Wax

After that my arms are killing me and I am exausted.

link for google liquid ebony

https://www.google.com/search?q=cle....,cf.osb&fp=84fc3fb1fec5f40d&biw=1440&bih=754

I bought the black box kit and i think it works good. Gotta do it in the shade on a completely cool car and even then it takes awhile to take it off. I am happy with the results.

I usually use Meguiars rubbing compound after a wash to help get some of the water marks off the paint then I use the Turtle wax Black Box( I love this product ) the more times you use it the better your finish looks. I use that 2 times per month. the other 2 times I use the Turtle Wax Liquid Ice. In between i use the Instant Detailer. If you have a black car I recommend the Black Box. You don't need to use a buffer on it. Just don't let it sit too long do 1 section at a time.

Of course you don't need a buffer. The stuff is packed with fillers. The product fills in slight swirls.

Washed and Black Box'd my car today. Man what a pain. Took 6 hours when all was said and done. Heres the final product. Im definitely happy with it

IMG_20120522_172015.png

IMG_20120522_172043.png

That looks real good. Even though its very time consuming, it only costs around 20 bucks and look at the results. Did you use a buffing wheel or did you do it by hand? I did it by hand which was a big pita.

Lol yeah by hand. My buddy did his BMW also and he brought over his orbital but he forgot the pads so we sad F it and just hand did it. Definitely going orbital next time lol

but not too much, don't need it slinging all over your fresh wax job. Lookin' krispy dude!

Looks good, why is your lower grill unpainted?

EDIT: nevermind, saw posts saying you dipped it now.

This was a while ago. I've since switched to menzerna polishes, and have enough lsp's to last the rest of my life lol:

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=53044

The pictures on the other side of this link are remarkable. All this has really gotten me interested in doing my own car but other than those wash and wax products I have never done this. I never had a car worth doing it too until now :D

Anyone have any recommendations for a Cashmere (tri-coat) car?
Like I said, I really don't know the first thing about waxing and just from what I can observe, this Turtle Wax Black Box seems to be just for black cars.

Also congratulations Stopsign002, nice looking 06. Doesn't seem to be too many 06 owners here.

416496_10150845116765917_736370916_11810037_1844718045_o.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back