Turtle Wax Black Box

There's a bunch of 06 owners. The process is the same for a white car just use different products.

Haven't used it but you could look into Zaino. Looks like they have some superb products over there. By no means am I an expert but that's my suggestion from what I've read.

I have- and love- supernatural. I only use it on mine and my friend's cars. Not cheap, but an incredible product. The only waxes I've used that are better looking are Zymol Ital (and this one looked pretty much the same as SN), and Swissvax Concorso (hands down best wax for the money out there). Concorso is stupid expensive though.

And FYI- supernatural is not a pain to use. Just apply it as thin as you can. I've never had a problem with sweating/hazing.

Wow pektel, $200 for a tub 'o wax. The price is astonishing but the results are as well. I always wondered about water sheeting off a car as opposed to just beading.

Well I guess I'll ask this here instead of making a new thread. I have the turtle wax ice spray wax and basically use it for detailing. After driving a bit yesterday my car was covered in dust and bugs on the front. I decided to use the ice to basically just go over my car and get the dust and bugs off. The issue I'm having is it says just rub it on with one side then flip the cloth for buffing. This basically never works for me. I always see streaks once I move the car out into the sun for inspection. I usually then go over the car with another micro fiber to buff out the rest. It really adds a lot of time to something that is supposed to be quick and easy. Any ideas on what I could be doing wrong? I'm thinking maybe I'm using too much product? Any tips for quick detailing with spray wax would be GREATLY appreciated

Well I guess I'll ask this here instead of making a new thread. I have the turtle wax ice spray wax and basically use it for detailing. After driving a bit yesterday my car was covered in dust and bugs on the front. I decided to use the ice to basically just go over my car and get the dust and bugs off. The issue I'm having is it says just rub it on with one side then flip the cloth for buffing. This basically never works for me. I always see streaks once I move the car out into the sun for inspection. I usually then go over the car with another micro fiber to buff out the rest. It really adds a lot of time to something that is supposed to be quick and easy. Any ideas on what I could be doing wrong? I'm thinking maybe I'm using too much product? Any tips for quick detailing with spray wax would be GREATLY appreciated

its a spray wax, not a cleaner. if your getting swirls, its because your trapping dirt into the wax... need to wash THEN apply the spray...CMIIW

Hmm ok, I've heard people say they use it as a detailer, but I have no idea if thats a proper thing to do or not. Ill try using my TW Black car detailer stuff and see if that goes over better

Wow pektel, $200 for a tub 'o wax. The price is astonishing but the results are as well. I always wondered about water sheeting off a car as opposed to just beading.

Sheeting is more a result when applying a sealant. I love the beading properties.

And, yes, $200 is a lot for a pot of wax, but I can get at LEAST 40 coats out of it. $5 per application is okay with me. :D

And, my pot is signed by the owners, Dom and PJ:

IMG_5209.jpg

My quick detailer of choice is probably Finish Kare 425. It is super slick, and provides anti-static properties to prevent attracting as much dust.

My favorite spray waxes are Duragloss Aquawax and Optimum Car Wax. I use those for a drying aid. You spritz the panel while it's still wet, then proceed to dry as normal. Great stuff. I mainly use Duragloss, since you can buy it locally at any carquest.

Hmm I think I'm gonna try that detailer out Pektel. I'm slowly learning my washing routine here. Right now I've got this as my routine (in my head at least)

Twice or three times a year;
Wash with TW Car Wash
Turtle Wax Tire Cleaner
Turtle Wax Tire Shine
Clay Bar with Meguiar's Kit
Wax with Supernatural (gonna give it a try next time I do my twice a year wash probably)

Whenever my car is dirty;
Wash with TW Car Wash
Turtle Wax Tire Cleaner
Turtle Wax Tire Shine
Wax with TW Wax Ice Spray

When just a detail is needed;
Finish Kare 425
Turtle Wax Tire Cleaner (if needed)
Turtle Wax Tire Shine (if needed)

Tell me what I am missing. I'm sure this is a :q:q:q:qty routine lol. I dont mind going the distance twice or three times a year, so I'm definitely willing to add a lot to that part. Any suggestions for any of these routines?

Hmm I think I'm gonna try that detailer out Pektel. I'm slowly learning my washing routine here. Right now I've got this as my routine (in my head at least)

Twice or three times a year;
Wash with TW Car Wash
Turtle Wax Tire Cleaner
Turtle Wax Tire Shine
Clay Bar with Meguiar's Kit
Wax with Supernatural (gonna give it a try next time I do my twice a year wash probably)

Whenever my car is dirty;
Wash with TW Car Wash
Turtle Wax Tire Cleaner
Turtle Wax Tire Shine
Wax with TW Wax Ice Spray

When just a detail is needed;
Finish Kare 425
Turtle Wax Tire Cleaner (if needed)
Turtle Wax Tire Shine (if needed)

Tell me what I am missing. I'm sure this is a :q:q:q:qty routine lol. I dont mind going the distance twice or three times a year, so I'm definitely willing to add a lot to that part. Any suggestions for any of these routines?

My standard car wash process:

Clean wheels, wheel wells, and tires first. For wheels (if they're bad), I use Sonax Wheel Cleaner. For tires and wheel wells, I use Meguiar's Super Degreaser. for the absolute worst wheels, I will use Meguiar's Wheel Brightener.

2 bucket method with grit guards (actually 3 buckets, if you count the wheel bucket) using Optimum Car Wash only (for maintenance wash) or add a few ounces of Optimum Power Clean (to strip the finish of any wax/sealant)

Wash top to bottom, cleaning wash media after every panel. Rinse panel after each one is cleaned (dont' let soap dry on the surface).

Flood surface with water running freely out of hose, to help sheet water off.

Spritz with aquawax, then Dry with Waffle weave drying towels (I prefer showroom FX waffle weave drying towels), working one panel at a time.

If I'm prepping for polishing, I will skip the aquawax, as a clean paint surface is needed. Also if prepping for polishing, I will also do a wipedown with a 50/50 solution of isopropyl alcohol/distilled water.

I would advise against ever using a California water blade. One piece of grit on the end of it, and you will scratch your paint to sh*t.

I would suggest checking out:

http://www.autogeek.net/detailingtips.html

And maybe lurk around www.detailingbliss.com for some great tips. Honestly, the processes are so involved, I could write a damn book about something even as simple as washing a car. There are many different (and still correct) ways to wash a car and apply different products. Many tutorials have been written at both of those websites.

Take a look at them, and let me know if you need clarification or have any other questions.

Sheeting is more a result when applying a sealant. I love the beading properties.

And, yes, $200 is a lot for a pot of wax, but I can get at LEAST 40 coats out of it. $5 per application is okay with me. :D[/IMG]

I checked out the ever popular YouTube and was referring to this vidja. Not knocking the price at all. If you want to play with the good stuff I would expect to pay a premium. Normally I get one or two out mine and end up misplacing the tub. Can't say that will happen with Supernatural because you could leave it in your living room as a decorative coffee table piece lol.

dodo supernatural wax sheeting on a black bmw by absolute valeting glasgow - YouTube

My standard car wash process:

Clean wheels, wheel wells, and tires first. For wheels (if they're bad), I use Sonax Wheel Cleaner. For tires and wheel wells, I use Meguiar's Super Degreaser. for the absolute worst wheels, I will use Meguiar's Wheel Brightener.

2 bucket method with grit guards (actually 3 buckets, if you count the wheel bucket) using Optimum Car Wash only (for maintenance wash) or add a few ounces of Optimum Power Clean (to strip the finish of any wax/sealant)

Wash top to bottom, cleaning wash media after every panel. Rinse panel after each one is cleaned (dont' let soap dry on the surface).

Flood surface with water running freely out of hose, to help sheet water off.

Spritz with aquawax, then Dry with Waffle weave drying towels (I prefer showroom FX waffle weave drying towels), working one panel at a time.

If I'm prepping for polishing, I will skip the aquawax, as a clean paint surface is needed. Also if prepping for polishing, I will also do a wipedown with a 50/50 solution of isopropyl alcohol/distilled water.

I would advise against ever using a California water blade. One piece of grit on the end of it, and you will scratch your paint to sh*t.

I would suggest checking out:

http://www.autogeek.net/detailingtips.html

And maybe lurk around www.detailingbliss.com for some great tips. Honestly, the processes are so involved, I could write a damn book about something even as simple as washing a car. There are many different (and still correct) ways to wash a car and apply different products. Many tutorials have been written at both of those websites.

Take a look at them, and let me know if you need clarification or have any other questions.

So at risk of sounding like a complete idiot, when you say polishing you mean waxing? Or is that something different?

edit: Mostly answered my own question. Man there is WAY more :q:q:q:q than I realized on washing cars

The amount of work to take care of a car to be perfect is tremendous. Polishing might be interpreted differently but I think of it as the final process in paint correction before applying your sealers, waxes, etc. Paint correction being, removing orange peel, removing scratches, glazing and what have you. I don't think my brain can hold and process all the steps.

Yeah, theres definitely a lot going on here. I'm definitely going to add a polish to my 6 month since it will help get rid of the swirl marks. My paint seems to be in mostly good condition though, so I dont feel a compound is needed by any means. Idk, much more research needs to be done now lol. Ask one question and 40 more appear...

The amount of work to take care of a car to be perfect is tremendous. Polishing might be interpreted differently but I think of it as the final process in paint correction before applying your sealers, waxes, etc. Paint correction being, removing orange peel, removing scratches, glazing and what have you. I don't think my brain can hold and process all the steps.

Yes, polishing is removing "slight" imperfections from the paint, like marring and some scratches. Glazing is not really paint correction, either.

An easier way to think about it is that you wet-sand out orange peel, buff out wet-sanding scratches, polish up buffing imperfections, glaze to add depth (or cover up blemishes if the paint is not perfect), then seal/wax to protect and shine.

I would eventually like to try out some of the Dodo Juice products.

Right now I use all PDP products

First I wash wheels usually spraying them with MP50 ORANGE POWER
I use the rat tail brush to do the spokes and inner barrel

Next rinse each wheel off

2 Bucket method like Pektel (I need to get some grit guards) using M90 HAWAIIAN SHINE
Next I dry off car unless I am claying, no point to dry it

If claying the car I use PL14 POLY SPRAY and various bar depending

After claying comes another wash and dry, then I apply PL27 TECHWAX and Usually while waiting for the wax to set up I will polish head lights using 3M's Clear plastic restorer

Next I will apply dressing to my tires if I feel like it and all the black plastic trim using D129 ICE DRESSING

For the interior I have another spray bottle of Orange Power diluted quite a bit for cleaning the carpet and other non Leather surfaces

For leather I use P102 LEATHER CLEANER and D122 LEATHER CONDITIONER

and then I use Zep 40 for windows when I have it or Windex, which is actually just fine.

I will usually then take a finishing cloth and some Mothers Spray wax, and go over the whole outside of the car other than plastic and glass

I should add that a paint sealant works amazingly well on plastic headlights, taillights, and the glass. The first clay of the spring for me was just a few weeks ago. I finished up with OptiSeal, and applied it to damn near everything. It's also safe for the plastic trim.

What I hate most about black is waterspots!

Water doesn't bead off my paint... It needs to be corrected badly.

Not yet. All I've done since I bought the car is wash it and hand wax. Light machine wax but it's never been wetsanded or clay barred.

I need to try and get some close up pics so you can see how bad the swirls are.

Not yet. All I've done since I bought the car is wash it and hand wax. Light machine wax but it's never been wetsanded or clay barred.

I need to try and get some close up pics so you can see how bad the swirls are.

I'm sure they aren't great. Did you see the before pictures of that impala SS I detailed?

IMG_9265.jpg

IMG_9216.jpg

TEst area before:

IMG_9240.jpg

And after one hit with a compound and wool pad:

IMG_9241.jpg

50/50. Can you tell which side got polished?

IMG_9246.jpg

After polishing, before wax:

IMG_9285.jpg

In order for water to bead up and fall off the surface nicely, you need to claybar. That will remove embedded contaminants, and make your paint ultra smooth. Claying the car also helps the longevity of whatever sealant/wax you apply.

Members online

Back