Turtle Wax Black Box

Stopsign002

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Anyone messed around with it? Looks like its pretty decent stuff. I think I'm going to give it a try next week. Ill make sure to take some before and afters. I tried searching the forum but that damn search tool never seems to work for me... :confused:

Care for an appearance is like asking what is our favorite band or place to eat. As long as it is good to you and does the job, go for it. Just simply follow the directions and use common sense and only apply to a clean, dust free, and cool finish.

Have you looked into clay barring as well? Easy as cake and makes a difference. Don't know if that's included in the black box but if not I'd consider doing it.

I use the black box whenever I detail my conti, and it's a good product. Watch some yt vids, it does a good job. I have no complaints.

I would clay your car then do the black box. The black box is pretty sweet. I just hate that when I do it, it takes 7 hours or so.

I would clay your car then do the black box. The black box is pretty sweet. I just hate that when I do it, it takes 7 hours or so.

Damn, yeah that some serious time investment. How long does it last/how often do you feel the need to do it? The results I've seen on youtube seem to look amazing, but if its 7 hours for like a month I dont know...

Just assuming every 6 months then spray wax every wash for up keep. That's the schedule I like to keep with my car when I can; black is a whole different game that I wish I had the pleasure to play.

Just assuming every 6 months then spray wax every wash for up keep. That's the schedule I like to keep with my car when I can; black is a whole different game that I wish I had the pleasure to play.

Yeah thats the conclusion I came to. Maybe do the full works every 6 months of clay bar/black box I'm thinking. Might clay bar tomorrow and then black box next week after my paycheck. I'm not sure I have the patients to do both in one day...

More of a weekend thing when I do it. I'm throwing around the idea of wet sanding, polishing, and waxing. Not sure in that process if a clay bar is necessary but that whole process is dangerous just to think about it. Huge commitment to go that route if it's even possible at this time.

I read somewhere that people will cut their clay bars in half to make it last longer. Do you guys do that? Seems like its not that big of a deal since the kit is only like $20 (for two bars) and it only happens twice a year. Thoughts?

I use the whole damn thing and fold and kneed it as necessary. Everytime I lose the clay hardens and turns to :q:q:q:q anyways. I buy new clay or the whole kit whenever I do it.

Yeah, it seems like cutting the bar is just an unnecessary amount of penny pinching. If your clay barring your car, you can probably handle the $20 a year or so.

I don't cut it in half because I like it to cover a majority of my fingers when I go to do it. All this talk about clay bar has got me excited to do mine in the upcoming weeks.

+1 - I clay bar'd my mark for the first time 2 or 3 weeks ago. It made the paint real smooth and took off a lot of debris on the rocker panels from the roads. I used Meguiars Clay Bar Kit (comes with 2 clay bars, a spray detailer and a microfiber cloth) It took me awhile to clay bar my car but it was well worth it. One warning though, if you drop the clay bar on the floor do not put it back on your paint or you'll scratch the crap out of it. Just throw it out and open up the 2nd one. Back to the black box. I bought it last summer as i was looking for a wax specifically for black cars. I've used turtle wax color magic(for black cars) before and it works really well. The black box will make your car look clear as day and really look awesome in plain english, but it is like a 5-7 hour process. Try and use a buffing wheel when you put the carnauba wax on, i did it by hand and learned the hard way. Took me over an hour to take off lol. Long post but i've been wondering when someone was going to ask about this kit. Good luck with it, and try to do it in a spot out of direct sunlight.

+1 - I clay bar'd my mark for the first time 2 or 3 weeks ago. It made the paint real smooth and took off a lot of debris on the rocker panels from the roads. I used Meguiars Clay Bar Kit (comes with 2 clay bars, a spray detailer and a microfiber cloth) It took me awhile to clay bar my car but it was well worth it. One warning though, if you drop the clay bar on the floor do not put it back on your paint or you'll scratch the crap out of it. Just throw it out and open up the 2nd one. Back to the black box. I bought it last summer as i was looking for a wax specifically for black cars. I've used turtle wax color magic(for black cars) before and it works really well. The black box will make your car look clear as day and really look awesome in plain english, but it is like a 5-7 hour process. Try and use a buffing wheel when you put the carnauba wax on, i did it by hand and learned the hard way. Took me over an hour to take off lol. Long post but i've been wondering when someone was going to ask about this kit. Good luck with it, and try to do it in a spot out of direct sunlight.

Awesome, thanks for the information and advice :cool:

I won't buy anything with the name turtle wax on it. Though I tend to buy more professional products than consumer products. I have a somewhat small collection of other detailing stuff that gets used regularly... :shifty:

I won't buy anything with the name turtle wax on it. Though I tend to buy more professional products than consumer products. I have a somewhat small collection of other detailing stuff that gets used regularly... :shifty:

Why don't you like Turtle Wax out of curiosity?

Personally haven't got the results out of it that I have with other products. And I've tried a LOT of products. Though I'll admit I haven't tried the Black Box.

Personally haven't got the results out of it that I have with other products. And I've tried a LOT of products. Though I'll admit I haven't tried the Black Box.

Whats your personal favorite with things like wax and wash? Still trying out different stuff and am definitely down for some suggestions

Members online

Back