Turbo project

Thats exactly what I was implying, modern piggy back systems and factory modified or emulated electronics lack the ability of monitoring and adjusting fuel pulse width by using wide band feedback while in boost.

Are you including modern vehicles using SEFI and full custom tuning with the stock ECM in that list? Based on the wording I would think you are. You are correct that those vehicles do not continuously monitor their WOT AFR's with an active wideband. However when you are tuning those vehicles you will command a given AFR in open loop and then while you do have a wideband attached you will calibrate the actual open loop AFR's to match commanded. Once this calibration has taken place then your AFR's are good to go even when the wideband comes off the vehicle. That process, though overly simplified by the explanation in my last sentence, also calibrates load correctly which is what other items such as spark advance use as a cross reference for what cell to pull their spark value from. I do recommend going with the bigger standalone systems when getting much more serious and running one heck of allot more power. They do have more adjustability catering towards a race vehicle than what a factory ECM can give. However in 99.9 % of cases the combination being used does not call for that extra equipment and the stock ECM with proper recalibration and supporting hardware will accomplish the task just fine.

Not a computer guy by any stretch but this 45yr old mechanic of nearly 30yrs LOVES modern electronics :)

I agree that modern EFI tuning has come light years especially in the last 10 years.

I'm glad I started playing with EFI after tunning solutions like SCT already exist.... for less than $500 being able to tune my car with an Xcal2 and PRP is awesome!

I just need to get a wide band now.

Honestly, If I were going to do a remote turbo on a mark, I would go with a bigger single.. Thanks to compressor / turbine efficiencies of modern wheel design, a big single will always be more efficient than running a twin setup..

And it will cost a lot less!

Might look funny with a single 4 inch turndown back there but this is about performance, not the mullet factor of cool "dual exhaust"

All internals are stock, Total seal rings, ARP rod bolts, stock piston have been refinished and treated. Engine has electric water pump, Accel coils, new fuel pump, stock 24 lb injectors, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, 3rd cat's been removed 1 x crossover installed and 2.5" pipe to the back with no mufflers with 3" resonator tips.
The car runs well, but the wife drives like a testosterone laden 18 year with a Z06. I was going to use NOS, but thought with the wifes $1500 budget I could source this job with a little more work:D and not have to refill a bottle every two days.

one thing i know is that more air = more gas, upgrade your injectors to 40 pound and change your pump as well, you would be surprised at the difference they make, plus i had the same idea of going with the sts twin turbo, but it quickly sank to the ground when i was looking at 6 gs just for the system and then another 10gs to put into the motor and trans and then another 5-10gs to put into the rst of the car, because when you add more power, you need stuff to back all that up, differnt drive train, if you ran twin turbo sts, you would most likely want to switch to a solid rear axel intead of irs, after you hit that 500 rwhp mark i would switch it over. again, my idea of the twin turbo was shot down real fast, but hey you got the money, i wanna see this, and if you do do this i want to see it in person

but put a plastic bag over your seat, i might pee a little

Hah.. As for PVC..

I would be lieing If I said I have never used it.

I had a project I was working on a while back that was running about 30 psi out of a V-Trim T4 on a DSM.. Was working on fabbing up a short rout pipe from the hot side of the intercooler to the turbo.. Used ABS actually to mock it up.. Then noticed the stuff was rated for 300PSI and more heat than I would run into.. Was initially going to use it as a template to weld up a new pipe. Ended up sticking it in there and running it for a while... Only problem I had initially was blowing the pipe off the turbo anything north of 20 lbs.. Had to triple up the t-bolt clamps.. :) But it worked.. Never melted or leaked.. Suprisingly.. Luckily it was completely hidden by my front bumper and almost out of sight under my hood..

It was only about 18 inches total length made up of mostly Bends.. I dont know that I would ever consider it as a permanent solution..

HAHAHA @ Frogman...

And I will be curious to see if a turbo mark ever gets off the ground... I have been searching Mark forums for the better part of a decade and I have yet to see one... Alot started but none finished. I always thought a big single behind the grill would be bad ass and wondered why it hasn't been done yet. Maybe I will just have to do it when I get my other umpteen million projects off the floor and running... :) Good luck to those that are trying!

I think he had a Mark setup for turbos (forged internals, tubular K member, etc,) and then sold it. I was trying to buy it, but couldn't come up with the money in time and someone else got it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back