Turbo kit thread

oh its not the engineers. the engineers built a 4.6 dohc pre production LS with a t56. that's not the issue.
whether or not they get the money to build what they intended is another story.

oh its not the engineers. the engineers built a 4.6 dohc pre production LS with a t56. that's not the issue.

DING! we have a winner!

I find it very odd that some folks here think the LS could only have been built as it was and nothing else was possible. If the engineers designing the car could only have built it the one way, they aren't very good engineers.

ANYTHING would have been possible. Problem is there is a budget that must be followed.

You know, that makes it even worse, knowing they made one.

I ran the idea of revamping the LS by the wife today. She said the car has served its purpose, no use putting more money into it. She's the reason we bought it to begin with (if not for her accident we'd have bought a C5 Corvette) and she doesn't even like it anymore.

Don't forget Marketing decides what will and will not sell, which is what directs the money flow

You know, that makes it even worse, knowing they made one.

They made one and couldn't keep it from overheating without some serious surgery. I don't know if the info is still out there, but look for the One Lap of America LS.

They made one and couldn't keep it from overheating without some serious surgery. I don't know if the info is still out there, but look for the One Lap of America LS.

Oh, it was that one? If I were an automotive engineer and couldn't keep a car I built from overheating I'd go find a new job that had nothing to do with automotive engineering. That's just a friggin embarrassment, an engineer that can't make a car not overheat.

From level ten.......

The Bulletproof transmission rated at 1000hp 3998.00 (torque converter,valvebody,super pump) We will ship transmission to your shop in a plastic container . Put your transmission in container and we will pick it up.

Transmission 3298.00

Refundable core 1000.00

S&H 300.00

Total 4598.00

there is another, allegedly 2 more. one with the t56, and another with an auto.
not to mention, the OLOA car was a SC'd 2 valve.

13531361383_c3b0de5c5f_b.jpg
12260968554_a09f059ffc_b by Chris Bratten, on Flickr

From level ten.......

I've heard good things about Level 10. I'd recommend Finish Line Transmissions to you because they do a wonderful job, but they are strictly GM. I also wouldn't worry about either stock or 1000HP being the only choices, I'd go with the 1000HP trans for your turboed engine. You wouldn't want to buy a 500HP trans, then run the turbo a little high and blow the trans. The engine should always be the weak point on the drivetrain, because then the engine will never kill anything behind it.

Define done?

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Smog check due in September. If I can pass I will continue, if not, plan B, C, or D, might come into play. Just waiting for the green light to get that beefed up trans. Plus I'm getting married in a few weeks so I've been busy with that.

....Then its a house...then Kids... then a boat....

Oh boy.

(congrats by the way)

No boat, kids not for another few years , LS first.
Thanks by the way

Sorry, cleared some space. You can send me a pm now

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Wow Alex... when you start a thread you start a thread!!! And yes... supposedly the 4.6 in the OLOA car was sc'd,,, which was why it overheated. N/A with a good radiator most likely would not. A second thought... a 3 valve 4.6 would most likely be compatible with the VVT of the LS. May have already been mentioned. I have to go back now and read 825 posts.

ITS FINISHED..... (scroll down)!!!!!!

just kidding. Rotting away somewhere im sure!

Thought Id jump in and say hi. Wish all a happy SPD. Alax, hope all is well in your world! take it easy!

Still Sub'd to date ... not sure why!?!?
very little tweets.

LOL! Thought it was the end of an era for a minute

Members online

Back