TPS vs IAC... WTF?!?!? REALLY?!?!?!?

I do see that the TB is really tucked in back there. That really does suck and you would probably have better luck just installing a new one.

Brad

Yeah, I'm opting more towards swapping it out! I might as well. Get rid of the problem the right way! I just called Advanced Auto & they have them in stock! I'm grabbing one this very afternoon! :)

Hopefully I can solve this once & for all.

Like mentioned you can set the tps while the tb is not attached to intake. Long as its mounted correct and plugged in. You set it KOEF so no worries. Also after you set volts to .97 you snap the throttle open and closed acouple times to make sure your setting "stays" at .97V.

I had the same problem,changed the TPS while it was still on the TB on the car, its not impossible,but not the easiest. It was late at night and I HAD to get going.

I had the same problem,changed the TPS while it was still on the TB on the car, its not impossible,but not the easiest. It was late at night and I HAD to get going.

Isaiah.... Fvck you man! lol... You have a Gen II... I'm talking about my nightmare 93! :mad: The TPS is behind the engine right between the firewall & the throttle body! I just had the mechanic take apart everything back there to change the IAC 3 days ago, now it has to get done again!

Isaiah.... Fvck you man! lol... You have a Gen II... I'm talking about my nightmare 93! :mad: The TPS is behind the engine right between the firewall & the throttle body! I just had the mechanic take apart everything back there to change the IAC 3 days ago, now it has to get done again!
LOL Gen 2 IAC and TPS's almost change themselves!! Nothing like a Gen1.

lol, just get a normal TPS and be done with it. That adjustable sh!t ain't for a Gen I where the TB is all up against the firewall, down off in a hole and connects at the back side of that with about 2 inches of slack in the harness.

Ah yes,i forgot it was ye old gen 1

;)

lol, just get a normal TPS and be done with it. That adjustable sh!t ain't for a Gen I where the TB is all up against the firewall, down off in a hole and connects at the back side of that with about 2 inches of slack in the harness.

I'm going to pop the hood on my 97 & look to see where it is. It must be really easy on the Gen II:)

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok so obviously it's not that easy for a person with my luck... Check this out, this is how it's behaving now!!!

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Car continues to accelerate but no longer the same way as it used to. When I start the car cold it shoots up to 2,000 rpm's. 4 seconds later it comes down to 800 rpm's. When I put the car in gear & I accelerate moderately it works fine. As soon as I let go of the accelerator it continues accelerating slowly. Won't slow down AT ALL!!! I start braking & you feel the car wanting to accelerate up until about 2 seconds after I come to a complete stop that the rpm's come down from about 1,400 rpm's back to 800 rpm's.
If the moment I stop the car I release it into neutral, it shoots up to 2,100 rpm's then comes right back down to 800rpm's! At this point this is getting to me more than a vice grip grabbing my left nut!

Disconnect your battery for about 10 min and then connect it back. Let it sit for a few minutes and then start it and let idle for about 5 min. Your PCM might be going bad or the TPS that was put on is a dudd or possibly came unplugged somehow.

Disconnect your battery for about 10 min and then connect it back. Let it sit for a few minutes and then start it and let idle for about 5 min. Your PCM might be going bad or the TPS that was put on is a dudd or possibly came unplugged somehow.

I actually unplugged it last night when I finished installing the TBS because I knew this may happen. I actually left it unplugged for over 25 minutes while I went inside to have dinner.

To swap the TBS do I stil lneed to have key on engine off? I did the swap with everything OFF!

I actually unplugged it last night when I finished installing the TBS because I knew this may happen. I actually left it unplugged for over 25 minutes while I went inside to have dinner.

To swap the TBS do I stil lneed to have key on engine off? I did the swap with everything OFF!

If you had the battery disconnected during the swap, then idk what it could be besides a dudd TPS, computer going bad, vacuum leak or the TPS became unplugged somehow. I can't think of anything else it could be.

What kind of shape is your emissions T in? You had to deal with it to get the TB up and off. Rubber T

Emmisions T is GONE! 2 weeks ago I noticed it had a small gash, back then I thought instead of the IAC that this was the guilty party!!! So I had to rig it with a plastic T & rubber hose on each end to grab onto the tubes. :confused:

I think as members of the forum, we are going to start charging you for !, ?, WTFs and capital letters...

I had the same problem when I did my IAC, pull the cruise control cable off the throttle linkage and try again. Let us know what it does. My cruise control cable was misadjusted and was holding the throttle plates open a hair. Readjusted it and good as new.

I think as members of the forum, we are going to start charging you for !, ?, WTFs and capital letters...

I had the same problem when I did my IAC, pull the cruise control cable off the throttle linkage and try again. Let us know what it does. My cruise control cable was misadjusted and was holding the throttle plates open a hair. Readjusted it and good as new.

Sounds like a good idea... I fvcked with those cables a lot yesterday so that could be it. I'm looking into that tonight when I get home!

sell it to me ill fix that puppy up in no time.

I've noticed your interest in the MK8 world has grown again. You simply can't stay away from these cars can you? lol...

Well this weekend I'm placing the new wheels on the 93 & I have to install the new spark plugs/wires, & motor mounts in time for Palm Harbor. My father is taking the CE as well. I haven't been able to put a dime on the 97 because I'm spending it on the 93.

Members online

No members online now.
Back