town car vs mustang

Thats true about taking care of your car the N* is the most powerful stock but i have to admit the markVIII AND MarkVII have the most aftermarket parts therefore they can be more powerful

I'm a little confused at the lincoln engine lineup. I know the town car gets 225-235hp, the continental has one with 260hp, and later 275hp, and the mark gets 280hp and 290hp? All of them are 4.6s, so it seems strange they don't just use the same one in all of them. Do they all have 32 valves like the N*?

I'm suprised you thought the 88 seemed faster then the current cadillacs. Those things werent anywhere close to 300hp (more like 140).

caddy dhs said:
I'm a little confused at the lincoln engine lineup. I know the town car gets 225-235hp, the continental has one with 260hp, and later 275hp, and the mark gets 280hp and 290hp? All of them are 4.6s, so it seems strange they don't just use the same one in all of them. Do they all have 32 valves like the N*?

I'm suprised you thought the 88 seemed faster then the current cadillacs. Those things werent anywhere close to 300hp (more like 140).

The continental and the mark have 32 valves but the town car has 16 valves.
I don't think they use the same engines but I think the mark and the conti share part from the engine.

I know the 88 cadillac has way lower hp but it seemed to Accelerate faster. I wished I still had that car but the car gave lots of problem but I think that has to do when my car went to the work shop. They always seem to do some thing wrong after they fix the problem I had. What I hate about dealer ships are that the charger to much for the labor.

caddy dhs said:

It's very simple really, the Towncar has the SOHC 4.6, the Mark VIII has the RWD version of the 4.6 DOHC engine and the Continental has the FWD version of the 4.6 DOHC engine.

It probably was a Mustang GT.You said it was a 5 speed and the kid looked about 16.Simple.Daddy let the little boy go fill up gas tank and the kid simply can't drive standard well enough to smoke you.Anyone who can drive standard the right way would have dissapeared out of your plain of view.DHS guy.Don't bother racing a GT,you will not touch him.A GT runs mid 13's and does about 5.2 in the 0-60.Where as the fastest stock Northstar sits in the XLR,now this is the upgraded Northstar with 320 HP.And the XLR runs a 14 flat quarter mile and a 0-60 in 5.7.And thats a fairly light car.With a few inexpensive mods though,a XLR would handle a GT no problem.Same deal with the STS-4.

About the reliability issues.The first Northstars had there bugs.As does any great engine.These bugs have been worked out for the past about eight years and the Northstar is now rated among the most reliable and most technologically advanced engines on the market.The use oil because that used oil is used to lube the piston rings and valves.Thats not a reliability issue in my book.Thats the way it was engineered.In my experience,Cadillacs have been more reliable.Ive had to pick my brother up a few times(die hard Lincoln guy)because his 2002 Town Car took a shat on him.One minutes he's whining about what a POS it is then the next he's praising it.He also has a 1998 Mark 8.Its been better than the TC but is on its third transmission and second set of airbags.The biggest problem I have ever had with a Cadillac was a dead blower motor,which was under warrenty.

Here is the "New Arrivals" list from the local pick a part junk yard.You Lincoln guys can check this every week if you want to.Thats when it get updated. http://www.garysupullit.com/arrivals.htm

And the only reason theres more aftermarket parts for the 4.6l Ford engine is because its a Mustang engine.If Cadillac threw a 5.7l LS6 in all their cars you could be damn sure there would be far more aftermarket parts then most engines out there.

It probably was a Mustang GT.You said it was a 5 speed and the kid looked about 16.Simple.Daddy let the little boy go fill up gas tank and the kid simply can't drive standard well enough to smoke you.Anyone who can drive standard the right way would have dissapeared out of your plain of view.DHS guy.Don't bother racing a GT,you will not touch him.A GT runs mid 13's and does about 5.2 in the 0-60.Where as the fastest stock Northstar sits in the XLR,now this is the upgraded Northstar with 320 HP.And the XLR runs a 14 flat quarter mile and a 0-60 in 5.7.And thats a fairly light car.With a few inexpensive mods though,a XLR would handle a GT no problem.Same deal with the STS-4.

About the reliability issues.The first Northstars had there bugs.As does any great engine.These bugs have been worked out for the past about eight years and the Northstar is now rated among the most reliable and most technologically advanced engines on the market.The use oil because that used oil is used to lube the piston rings and valves.Thats not a reliability issue in my book.Thats the way it was engineered.In my experience,Cadillacs have been more reliable.Ive had to pick my brother up a few times(die hard Lincoln guy)because his 2002 Town Car took a shat on him.One minutes he's whining about what a POS it is then the next he's praising it.He also has a 1998 Mark 8.Its been better than the TC but is on its third transmission and second set of airbags.The biggest problem I have ever had with a Cadillac was a dead blower motor,which was under warrenty.

Here is the "New Arrivals" list from the local pick a part junk yard.You Lincoln guys can check this every week if you want to.Thats when it get updated. http://www.garysupullit.com/arrivals.htm

And the only reason theres more aftermarket parts for the 4.6l Ford engine is because its a Mustang engine.If Cadillac threw a 5.7l LS6 in all their cars you could be damn sure there would be far more aftermarket parts then most engines out there.

The '92 deVilles with the 4.9 run about a 16.4 brand new. The new Town Cars run about a 17.0 flat.

When my dad got a brand new Town Car as a rental car, we rode around in it, and you could tell that my '92 deVille was quicker from doing an acceleration run on the onramp.

My wife has taken GT mustangs in her Town car and even a so called "quick" mustang GT ragtop with her Crown vic. I can't wait to play with the mustangs at FFW when I get the Town car finished.

Tim

LoL I eat mustang GT's up all the time in my mark... and mine is stock with a system in it... I highly doubt any mustang GT after 1980 would do 0-60 in 6 seconds cause i have beaten them with 4 other people in my car before

Members online

Back