top end of the Mark III

Over2tonsofFun

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
with the sleak lines of the mark III I am wondering what is the top end of them. Has anyone take one to the limit???

Thanks

Tim

According to Ford, with the rev limiter disabled, the Mark VIII is capable of 162 mph.

Frogman said:
Does anyone remember the 93??? Mark a bunch of FORD engineers took to The Boneville Salt flats, where it went 180mph in relatively stock form? IIRC, they only lowered the suspension by about .5 inches, or so?

Relatively 'stock', yes but I doubt any 'streetable' Mark VIII today would achieve the same. I posted the info on a predominantly local 'stang message board and was immediately called to task. Most stating no way any 4000 pound "Lincoln" was going to run like that when the fastest Cobra was blah blah blah... and had three times the power... blah blah blah.

IF YOU ARE A MIDGET, MUSTANGS ARE GREAT, JUST DONT CRASH. THE MARK IS STYLE, LUXERY, SAFTY, AND AUTOMOTIVE ADVANCEMENTS PUT INTO FORDS MOST EXPENSIVE CAR AT THAT TIME. MUSTANGS ARE DIME A DOZEN. I CAN SEE ONE, FART, AND THE THE BUTT FUMES WOULD ENTER THE NEXT MUSTANG COMING. JUST LIKE A HONDA WITH A REDNECK ENGINE CONVERSION. i AM 6-2 AND WITH THE SEAT ALL THE WAY BACK, NEEDED A SHOE HORN TO GET IN AND OUT. WITH PEOPLE GETTING TALLER FROM 1970-2005 THE CARS GOT SMALLER ?????? THE MARK HAS TONS OF ROOM, F?#@ THE GUY IN THE BACK SEAT. I SEE 10,000 MUSTANGS TO EVERY MARK 8, ONE OF THE RAREST PRODUCTION CARS ON THE ROAD....

SELL THE CRUSTANG AND GET A MARK.......PEACE

95LSC 2FAST4U said:
IF YOU ARE A MIDGET, MUSTANGS ARE GREAT, JUST DONT CRASH. THE MARK IS STYLE, LUXERY, SAFTY, AND AUTOMOTIVE ADVANCEMENTS PUT INTO FORDS MOST EXPENSIVE CAR AT THAT TIME. MUSTANGS ARE DIME A DOZEN. I CAN SEE ONE, FART, AND THE THE BUTT FUMES WOULD ENTER THE NEXT MUSTANG COMING. JUST LIKE A HONDA WITH A REDNECK ENGINE CONVERSION. i AM 6-2 AND WITH THE SEAT ALL THE WAY BACK, NEEDED A SHOE HORN TO GET IN AND OUT. WITH PEOPLE GETTING TALLER FROM 1970-2005 THE CARS GOT SMALLER ?????? THE MARK HAS TONS OF ROOM, F?#@ THE GUY IN THE BACK SEAT. I SEE 10,000 MUSTANGS TO EVERY MARK 8, ONE OF THE RAREST PRODUCTION CARS ON THE ROAD....

SELL THE CRUSTANG AND GET A MARK.......PEACE

Wow. I need ear plugs

Frogman said:
Does anyone remember the 93??? Mark a bunch of FORD engineers took to The Boneville Salt flats, where it went 180mph in relatively stock form? IIRC, they only lowered the suspension by about .5 inches, or so?

they had to drastically change the rear end gear! you lower the gear so that you can go faster at a lower RPM (but it takes you longer to get up there)

Iv'e witnessed mine at 149 with 3:73 gears at about 6300 RPM while it was on a chassis dyno. The speed was also read from the dyno, so that the computor in the car could be synched. How that would correlate to a speed run on real pavement I would tend to think I would be a little slower due to wind resistance that was nill while on the dyno.

Members online

No members online now.
Back