This will happen just because it hasn't before

That is a cool swap... as bland as SBC Chevy into anything its just so so hard to say no to how cheap they are and how much power they can make.

Yeah but at least that isn't a Iron SBC, it's a LS series so it don't weigh jack squat in comparison :D

That conti was super gay. I could have used an erector set and made a better redneck-mobile. Good find KK!

Why not just mod a Mark into a mid engine vehicle if you wanna get nutty

All I can say is there is a lot of people that have no skills on this board cause they don't think it can be done?

My friend Anthony put a SBC in a Fox Body Mustang way back in the early 90's and set records. Now places manufacture K frames to do this :cool:

Same with putting SBC's in Mazda's and plenty of other Jap cars. Fox body guys are putting our engines in there cars that were never meant to be there.

If the guy wanted to do it with or without the help from others I say go for it. Not the engine I would pick but to each his own. Hell I have seen a non MOD engine Mark at Englishtown racing and it was even on PINKS :eek:

Any retard with a 9/16 open end wrench and a hammer can put an SBC into anything... that is neither an interesting or difficult swap.

Any retard with a 9/16 open end wrench and a hammer can put an SBC into anything... that is neither an interesting or difficult swap.

No kidding, they used to sell a kit were a sbc would fit behind a stock flat head trans. for the coupe crowd.
I would just kill the stock trans, blow first right out, but fun as hell. :D
The trick setup was sbc Zephyr rear with 4.10s stock trans, when the trans went to crap, you picked a another installed, and you tried not to stomp on it while in 1st.

Some reading for philly0420
http://hotrod.automotive.com/90048/hrdp-0809-1940-ford-coupe/index.html

Tease pic. ;)

hrdp_0809_02_z+1940_ford_coupe+motor.jpg

I can't get the site to come up, but I know the car and it is perfect, but I'm about 100K short. If I were to go that route that is everything and would want.

So it kinda seems like this has turned into a "engine swap ideas" thread and as I was reading through I couldn't believe that no one mentioned the new 5.0L. 7000 for the crate motor from Ford and because Ford loves it's customers and knows that we like to swap their engines they sell a wiring kit and pcm kit so you can swap it into whatever strikes your fancy. Way better idea than trying to shoehorn a Mercedes engine in there. Although why would you do a swap in our cars anyways, they have a motor most mustang owners would die for and with the right parts can make insane power for a stock block. Just my 2 cents I have watched for a long time but this is my first post so go easy on me

Ya know in all this haste I had forgotten about a new 5.0 swap. There are a couple places where you can get the motor and ECU for under $7000 now, or so I am told on stangnet. That would be easier, cheaper and produce more power then the Merc motor could. Guys are already getting over 700 rwhp with forged internals and running 550 rwhp on the stock internals. The motor is rated at 412 factory and most chasis dynos show the cars around 388 rwhp which would indicate the motors are closer to 445 hp.

Plus you would retain the variable cams and it would just be a bad ass motor! One of these days.......

All I can say is there is a lot of people that have no skills on this board cause they don't think it can be done?

My friend Anthony put a SBC in a Fox Body Mustang way back in the early 90's and set records. Now places manufacture K frames to do this :cool:

Same with putting SBC's in Mazda's and plenty of other Jap cars. Fox body guys are putting our engines in there cars that were never meant to be there.

See, they're not saying it can't be done. They're saying the idiot who made this thread is not competent enough to do it.

Another difference is that putting an SBC in something is actually worthwhile when considered from a performance/price perspective, whereas putting a Mercedes motor in... anything but a Mercedes, is not worthwhile.

I thought long and hard at buying an LSx world block and going from there or an aftermarket block Windsor base motor before buying the parts for my modular build..

See, they're not saying it can't be done. They're saying the idiot who made this thread is not competent enough to do it.

Another difference is that putting an SBC in something is actually worthwhile when considered from a performance/price perspective, whereas putting a Mercedes motor in... anything but a Mercedes, is not worthwhile.

I thought long and hard at buying an LSx world block and going from there or an aftermarket block Windsor base motor before buying the parts for my modular build..

Not defending him on his abilities or anything but there are couple hundred thousand dollar supercars out there using Benz engines. I to think why the hell put one in a Mark of all things but hey if someone wants to try something different then go for it :shifty:

I see a few people on here that have done engine swaps on this board but then a few that just seem to talk? The 2 GT engines I had a hand in building went into different vehicles and were converted to wet sump so they could fit. One being a Shelby GT500 and the other a F100.

The MOD engine is the new SBC to me as the LS engines are kinda boring :(

Ya know in all this haste I had forgotten about a new 5.0 swap. There are a couple places where you can get the motor and ECU for under $7000 now, or so I am told on stangnet. That would be easier, cheaper and produce more power then the Merc motor could. Guys are already getting over 700 rwhp with forged internals and running 550 rwhp on the stock internals. The motor is rated at 412 factory and most chasis dynos show the cars around 388 rwhp which would indicate the motors are closer to 445 hp.

Plus you would retain the variable cams and it would just be a bad ass motor! One of these days.......

Hot Rod magazine ( I think ) ran an article on the new 5.0 stuffed down in an old 32 body/chassis for some company... and they fabricated old 427 SOHC look alike valvecovers for the Coyote engine, and used Hillborn electronic fuel injection I believe... talk about a bad @$$ project. very cool

My buddy Terry "Beefcake" Reeves won his class in the NMRA Bowling Green with his procharged '11 GT 5.0.

Last year was the ONLY year the Camaro outsold the Mustang since 1985. But now that the Mustang has a potent power plant, I see that statistic changing back.

Wow... Finally, someone finally understood the point of our "ragging" on that idiot.

It's not that it can't be done. Hell, if your pockets are deep enough and you have competent people around you, just about any engine can be swapped.

Unfortunately, the OP came across as neither competent nor able to sustain such endeavor. Now, I'm not one to judge what someone can afford or not, but I think it's painfully obvious he lacks the fun notes to do something like that. After all, he's asking these questions on an Internet forum.

That's not to say we're idiots and don't know anything, but when you try to learn about a firearm you don't go asking a neurosurgeon about it.

Hot Rod magazine ( I think ) ran an article on the new 5.0 stuffed down in an old 32 body/chassis for some company... and they fabricated old 427 SOHC look alike valvecovers for the Coyote engine, and used Hillborn electronic fuel injection I believe... talk about a bad @$$ project. very cool

My buddy Terry "Beefcake" Reeves won his class in the NMRA Bowling Green with his procharged '11 GT 5.0.

Last year was the ONLY year the Camaro outsold the Mustang since 1985. But now that the Mustang has a potent power plant, I see that statistic changing back.
Thats Troy Ladd of Holywood Hot Rods. I dont think the valve covers look like 427 ones but meh. His motor was the first and as such he used dual F.A.S.T. ECUs to controll it. Doing that he lost the variable cam so his motor wont make as much power as a stock one. Still looked cool as fock though. I just thought it was dumb when he tried to make a water pump driven fan for it.

6a00d83451b3c669e2013488bcf113970c-800wi.jpg

That's not to say we're idiots and don't know anything, but when you try to learn about a firearm you don't go asking a neurosurgeon about it.

And I am going to sound like a complete tool but my High End Motorcycle builder was backed by a Neurosurgeon :shifty:

Wanna talk an odd ass engine swap, well ok here is is!
images

Inline 4 cylinder VW engine in a Motorcycle, but ok not a swap cause this is the way it came from the manufacture :eek:

The Neurosurgeon rides it along with some other expensive bikes...:cool:

Thats Troy Ladd of Holywood Hot Rods. I dont think the valve covers look like 427 ones but meh. His motor was the first and as such he used dual F.A.S.T. ECUs to controll it. Doing that he lost the variable cam so his motor wont make as much power as a stock one. Still looked cool as fock though. I just thought it was dumb when he tried to make a water pump driven fan for it.

6a00d83451b3c669e2013488bcf113970c-800wi.jpg
hrdp_0908_01_z+ford_427_cammer_engine_build+.jpg

Valve covers look similar to me but I kinda agree on the belt driven fan deal?

Yeah, my bad. I was thinking the old Boss 427 VCs, not the SOHC VCs.

Yeah, my bad. I was thinking the old Boss 427 VCs, not the SOHC VCs.

Yeah that would be the Boss 429 and man does that thing look awesome :D
1969SuperBoss429-2.jpg

We got 2 of them that come to the Friday night cruise in Somerville :cool:

The Cammer and the Boss aside from the MOD are my only real fave FOMOCO engines :shifty:

Members online

No members online now.
Back