Thinking of doing the unthinkable...

Thanks guys I'm very excited about the car. I'm less than 2 hours away from picking up my new car.

I also will be getting an extended warranty throughmy credit union. Its a focory like warranty with everything for 48 months or 48,000 miles that I financed into my deal. So that will be a nice piece of mind and help me sleep at night. LOL

I will be sure to post pics.

And yes is it was mbworld.org that I joined.

Careful with 3rd party warranties. Be sure to read all the fineprint. Here in Canada, they find every little reason to deny your claims.

Wow that ride looks awsome!!!! Where did you get the chrome waterfall and the trim on the lower front bumper?

No sh%t....

You just gonna asssume i put on motorcraft parts on my car and call me out on prices???
I bought Ford Genunie - which is what the LS came with and not motorcraft. I paid $135 per rotor plus the Ford pads. Now you can go redo your math and see if you still come up with hundred dollar total.

Ford genuine cost about $85 per front side, so you still got screwed. 85x2=$170 plus $45 for pads =215 plus tax. Even using your 135x2=$270+$45=315, not $400.

If i was in the market for a car in that price range i think an IS-F or a Jaguar XF supercharged is what i would get.

If i was in the market for a car in that price range i think an IS-F or a Jaguar XF supercharged is what i would get.

Where can you find an IS-F or XF SC for $23-24k(which is the going price for a 06' E55 AMG with about 70k miles)?

Well the XF is going for 30K or so.

I thought that amg was in the upper 30's price range.

Ford genuine cost about $85 per front side, so you still got screwed. 85x2=$170 plus $45 for pads =215 plus tax. Even using your 135x2=$270+$45=315, not $400.

I bought my hardware a year ago and i paid the prices i told you i paid.

A caliper bolt costs $18 alone, what kind of Ford pads you buying for $45?

Check the link on prices for front pads and redo your math one more time.....http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/CatalogResults.aspx?y=2005&m=Lincoln&mo=LS#Search

Pinknuts, my bad for rerouting your thread. Seems like some people are not well informed.

I bought my hardware a year ago and i paid the prices i told you i paid.

A caliper bolt costs $18 alone, what kind of Ford pads you buying for $45?

Check the link on prices for front pads and redo your math one more time.....http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/CatalogResults.aspx?y=2005&m=Lincoln&mo=LS#Search

OK correcting for using your source(and I admit I was on my phone before and used the wrong line, opps) Pads(ford) $110.55 Original Equipment Manufacturer (Front) and rotors $74.97(each, also ford) Disc Brake Rotor
Original Equipment Manufacturer (Front) $74.97(2)+$110.55=$262.49. What did you do to have to replace the caliper bolts? You just replace them for fun or does the service manual call for replacing them? Maybe your in an area that uses salt on the roads?

I'll say this to the op, I do hear the 06' e55 amg has some problems fixed that the 03', 04' years had. I don't remember about the 05'. I've also heard you can get a conversion kit for the suspension that's far cheaper than stock replacements and are good for the rest of the life of the car. There's a good performance aftermarket for the e55 amg that will easily get you into the mid 11's and can hit the 10's!

Pinknuts, my bad for rerouting your thread. Seems like some people are not well informed.

Yes, and they overpay for parts.

Again, you just assuming i changed the caliper bolts on my car, when i didn't . You do that a lot????

And, i can afford to "overpay" and not start threads on how i put 4 alternators in my LS within 8 months and it's time for the 5th one, because i took shortcuts.

Yes from what I have found on the forums the '06 didn't have any issues and recalls that the 03-05 had. It had all the bugs worked out and was the last year of the car.

And finally a quick pic I took on my way into work this morning.

2011-10-21094235.jpg

Nice ride. I never really liked that style front MB, though.

Is the car dark green? or slate black?

Thanks. Its called black Opal but its not black. More like a dark blue gray metallic. Looks good in person. Hard to show in pics.

Congrats on the new purchase.

BTW I still need your high res picture for the calendar.

Members online

No members online now.
Back