Thinking of doing the unthinkable...

wow you were quick to do that, that's sad to see it go. Such a amazing car and what many of us ls owners were inspired by. The sad thing is I bet the buyer of it wont even join the site... I hope it goes to a good home, I sure as hell wish it was sitting in my drive way!!

he's gotta hit the reserve first.

I bought it................................................................................I wish :(

Hopefully he changed his mind and couldn't go through with it.

nice car, funny thing...earlier this morning i was watching videos of sc ls's and some others and i saw a few of the vids on your car. super clean and sounds sick too, big props on the car. i'd keep it myself.
after watching the vids i was browsing on line for a ls1 swap to see what stuff is going for.

I pulled the ad bc I put it on LS1tech and sold immediately. I had to say my goodbyes yesterday. That's happened way too fast but now on to something else. Also the guy happened to be only an hour away from me. He is a captain in the military and is moving to Germany in December. And he is taking the LS with him!!!

That is some great news for you, but not for us. Good job making the sale.

I pulled the ad bc I put it on LS1tech and sold immediately. I had to say my goodbyes yesterday. That's happened way too fast but now on to something else. Also the guy happened to be only an hour away from me. He is a captain in the military and is moving to Germany in December. And he is taking the LS with him!!!

So you gonna start test driving some new cars? Anything exclusive you have your eyes on?

Thanks Alax, and thanks for all your time and help along the way when we were PMing each other like everyday. You were a HUGE help in my wheel choice and making everything come together. Thanks to everybody's help on this forum along the way, especially with my '06 LSE front end conversion, I couldn't have done without you guys!

As far as what I'm looking for, I'm thinking between an E55 AMG, S55 AMG, or maybe a Lexus. It seems like all the smoking deals I have found on the Mercedes are ALL out in California. Perhaps I could get some help from you Alax if I find one nearby to maybe have you take a look at for me before I buy. And that goes for whoever else lives out that way. I'm kind of stressing out about exactly what car I want to get because of how fast the LS sold, and the fact that I don't have a car at all right now. Luckily I have a good friend who said I can use his TT Supra to drive until I find a new car. I know, sounds rough huh LOL

But thanks again guys!!!

Sorry to see your car go - I would have loved to have picked that up from you. I had no idea it would go so fast either but Congrats! Did you tell the buyer about this site? I'd be interested to hear some stories about the LSX on the Autobahn! :D

Oh yea, and don't forget to post some pics if you pick up one of those AMGs...

The amgs out here are so cheap because no one wants to pay to fix that damn things. If just about anything goes wrong it'll cost close to $10k to fix. You can buy a used e55 for about $15 but when something goes wrong its almost as cheap to just buy anotherone. I've heard this from people that have owned them and they all say don't buy a MB, especially an amg that isn't a certified preowned with an extended warranty. Some people complain the ls is expensive to repair but its Pocket change compared to a MB. Ask a MB mechanic, can barely pop the hood for less than a grand.

Get a Lexus, you won't be disappointed. The LS430s are bulletproof, with a ton of aftermarket.

Yea I'm still up in the air as to what I want. I know the Mercedes are pricy to fix and I would almost have to get an extended warranty to be able to sleep at night. This is harder than I thought it would be to decide on one car. I just want to find the most luxury for the dollar as possible.

In my opinion, you definitely owned a piece of unique car history. Perhaps that car's story isn't over. Maybe a German engineer will get a hold of it and take it to the next level. Even though it's a "mixed" breed now, it's still going over there with All-American power in it.

Good luck on your next find!

I don't think the AMGs are as costly to own, as people say they are.

My coworker has 2008 E350 4matic with AMG/sport package. He got the brakes done at the dealership and it was only $1000.
Now, when i did the brakes on my car, just the fronts with OEM parts, it cost me close to $400. And, that's me doing all the work. So, if i had the dealer do it, it would been $700 -800????....at least that.

You make the comparison.

I don't think the AMGs are as costly to own, as people say they are.

My coworker has 2008 E350 4matic with AMG/sport package. He got the brakes done at the dealership and it was only $1000.
Now, when i did the brakes on my car, just the fronts with OEM parts, it cost me close to $400. And, that's me doing all the work. So, if i had the dealer do it, it would been $700 -800????....at least that.

You make the comparison.

$100 for brakes is HWY robbery, hope it came with some KY. Plus a E350, isn't an AMG, it's just a tire/wheel package and sport calibration. Plus it's an 08, so it's very new, probably out of the OPs price range and not even near the power range he wants.

Front brakes for the LS, Motorcraft branded should have cost $40-45 for the front, so you were robbed also. If you did rotors too than it would have run about $55(Motorcraft brand) per side for $110 plus $45 equals $155 in parts plus w/e tax is in your area so you were robbed.

Don't laugh..... Hyundai Genesis.

:lol:

I don't think the OP has $47k to spend, and if he did who seriously spends $47K on a hyundai that looks like it was designed in 2002?
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans/1106_2012_hyundai_genesis_r_spec_drive/viewall.html

If the OP has $47k to spend on a car then buy a new generation CTS-V sedan, they can be had for less than $45k.

Well guys I have good news. I'm heading up to Kansas City right now to check out and probably buy an '06 E55 AMG. This one is exactly what I want and I will most likely buy. I have already become a member on the Mercedes forums and done some homework. There is some very good info and DIY threads on there to save time and money. If you guys are curious I can post pics once I pick it up.

Congrats! Enjoy all the power and luxury. Is the forum MBWorld.org :D?

Plenty of pictures are a must, and maybe a video, else we will disown you.

$100 for brakes is HWY robbery, hope it came with some KY. Plus a E350, isn't an AMG, it's just a tire/wheel package and sport calibration. Plus it's an 08, so it's very new, probably out of the OPs price range and not even near the power range he wants.

Front brakes for the LS, Motorcraft branded should have cost $40-45 for the front, so you were robbed also. If you did rotors too than it would have run about $55(Motorcraft brand) per side for $110 plus $45 equals $155 in parts plus w/e tax is in your area so you were robbed.

No sh%t....

You just gonna asssume i put on motorcraft parts on my car and call me out on prices???
I bought Ford Genunie - which is what the LS came with and not motorcraft. I paid $135 per rotor plus the Ford pads. Now you can go redo your math and see if you still come up with hundred dollar total.

Pinknuts, glad to hear you going with a Benz. And, definitely post up pictures....

Members online

No members online now.
Back