Thinking about the next car.

Yeah they are nice. Certainly look better than the porsche cayenne! Thirsty though....

No offense..your range is broad. Going from an LS to even consider a 100k+ M5, then back to a SUV (X5) is a wild swing. LOL.

For me, if I had to choose right now? I'd be looking at a 2003 540i Sport Package. 6 speed manual or Auto would be my only tough choice.

Ok I'll suggest something no one else has... the new '09 CTS-V. When it comes out of course. I have an 04 and it never disappoints.
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=121130
7.0L LS7 engine, 505hp, 470lb-ft. I'm in love with the new CTS as it is and I'm going to test drive the V the minute it gets off the trailer at the dealership.

I don't understand the Mercedes fascination? They are sharp looking cars and are powerhouses but they are, in my opinion, not the definition of German engineering anymore since they have more problems than probably all of Fords' brands combined. If you get a Benz make sure it has a nice big fat warranty.

Edit: I will give you the fact that the AMG's are better built since they are hand assembled by a select team. But they do still have the nightmarish transmissions that plague most Mercedes

bmw 6 series, its the best of both worlds, power and luxury. plus the looks can't be beat.

No offense..your range is broad. Going from an LS to even consider a 100k+ M5, then back to a SUV (X5) is a wild swing. LOL.

For me, if I had to choose right now? I'd be looking at a 2003 540i Sport Package. 6 speed manual or Auto would be my only tough choice.

I know huh, I have broad views on everything man especially when it comes to cars and women :D

I love the 540i but the e39 M5 would be a more interesting choice in two of them.

Yea the 650i looks SWEET lowered on some nice 22s with 295/25/22 tires in the back.

Ok I'll suggest something no one else has... the new '09 CTS-V. When it comes out of course. I have an 04 and it never disappoints.
7.0L LS7 engine, 505hp, 470lb-ft. I'm in love with the new CTS as it is and I'm going to test drive the V the minute it gets off the trailer at the dealership.

I don't understand the Mercedes fascination? They are sharp looking cars and are powerhouses but they are, in my opinion, not the definition of German engineering anymore since they have more problems than probably all of Fords' brands combined. If you get a Benz make sure it has a nice big fat warranty.

Edit: I will give you the fact that the AMG's are better built since they are hand assembled by a select team. But they do still have the nightmarish transmissions that plague most Mercedes

I know man about the CTS V, it sounds great, but I rather go with German stuff, I am telling you though, NOTHING is wrong with the new CTS interior, it's great. Not so much the exterior though.

hey I know someone selling an 05 S4 very. black on black 6 speed 30k on it. for 41k. garage kept, perfect condition.

what about the pontiac G8 coming out in january of 08. the GT model is stick, 6.0 litre with 362 horsepower. only thing is it weighs in at a few pounds short of 2 ton. just a thought. but i want one lol.

Go Aussie, test drive a GTO. 6-Speed, 400hp on tap, bluetooth, gorgeous interior, 27mpg highway.

I

It's not an LS7, it's a S/C 6.2 Liter or something with 525-550hp.

It's not an LS7, it's a S/C 6.2 Liter or something with 525-550hp.

UHHH...did you read the article that I put right there? The new Corvette and CTS-V are getting a 7.0L LS7. The new Corvette Z07 is getting that same engine just supercharged which will be in the 600hp+ range. "SANTA MONICA, Calif. — Despite various rumors of a supercharged V8 under the hood, the 2009 Cadillac CTS-V will use a normally aspirated 7.0-liter V8 when it goes on sale in 2008."

Read the article, then at the right, there is the article about the new Z07 also.

And beleive me I'm following it closely since I'm now a die hard V Series enthusiast and have an open dialogue with my buddies at the dealership.

Everyone forgot about the Lotus Elise or Exeige S (spelling sorry). Only thing bad its probably a little small and cramped on the inside but it would probably out handle just about everything listed above.

UHHH...did you read the article that I put right there? The new Corvette and CTS-V are getting a 7.0L LS7. The new Corvette Z07 is getting that same engine just supercharged which will be in the 600hp+ range. "SANTA MONICA, Calif. — Despite various rumors of a supercharged V8 under the hood, the 2009 Cadillac CTS-V will use a normally aspirated 7.0-liter V8 when it goes on sale in 2008."

Read the article, then at the right, there is the article about the new Z07 also.

And beleive me I'm following it closely since I'm now a die hard V Series enthusiast and have an open dialogue with my buddies at the dealership.

I could of sworn there was an article on the main page a few days ago about that being a rumor and the S/C motor being true. I'll have to do some more research.

UPDATE: Our sources have just confirmed that the supercharged V-8 that will power the 2009 Corvette SS/Z07/Blue Devil and the supercharged V-8 that will power the '09 Cadillac CTS-v will be 6.2 liters, not the 7.0-liter as we reported in our July issue. It makes sense in that General Motors was getting the horsepower, but not the torque it wanted from the 427.6 cubic-inch engine. Despite the engine difference, we continue to expect the CTS-v to come with some 600-horsepower when it arrives.

-Motor Trend

wow that was just announced 2 days ago. hmm. i hope its not as crappy as the sts-v then. that things has tons of problems. guess its not easy to supercharge a northstar engine. ill still wait until i actually see it with own eyes whatever engine it gets since it flip flops so damn much. nice find though but that disappoints me.

im really starting to think this is a marketing ploy by GM. im almost positive it. flip flopping their "confirmed" reports like this. GM is teasing us.

sorry to thread jack. i just love this car. im glad you proved me wrong haha, now i know "for sure" what it will be. next itll get the cadillac sixteen's engine probably

Everyone forgot about the Lotus Elise or Exeige S (spelling sorry). Only thing bad its probably a little small and cramped on the inside but it would probably out handle just about everything listed above.

anyone that recommends getting a lotus elise has OBVIOUSLY never had the opportunity to crawl into one. its a perfect street car. especially if you're three feet tall. :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.
Back