Thinking about the next car.

wow that was just announced 2 days ago. hmm. i hope its not as crappy as the sts-v then. that things has tons of problems. guess its not easy to supercharge a northstar engine. ill still wait until i actually see it with own eyes whatever engine it gets since it flip flops so damn much. nice find though but that disappoints me.

im really starting to think this is a marketing ploy by GM. im almost positive it. flip flopping their "confirmed" reports like this. GM is teasing us.

sorry to thread jack. i just love this car. im glad you proved me wrong haha, now i know "for sure" what it will be. next itll get the cadillac sixteen's engine probably

They'll probably wind up putting the old 4.3 Vortec in it, lol. They'll probably change it 7 times before the production anyways, but if that new motor proves to be a decent one there should be tons of aftermarket, and with the addition of the s/c it'll be cheap and easy to make that thing mooooove. Not like it already won't.

Jaguar XF got the 4.2L 300hp, or 4.2l s/c with 420hp, 6spd auto with paddle shift. Some options are Adaptive Cruise Control and Warm/Cold Weather Packages.

i like the GTO suggestion, i was looking into that myself. and if i buy another car it's going to be my primary car and not an addition. good luck in your ventures artur, but a lot of people (i'm sure jokingly) are making some outlandish suggestions. if you have a price range that might be more definitive as far as giving you suggestions for a car you might be interested in.

so whats it going to be??

THE ATTACK BABY!!!!!! LOVE THIS THING, AND ITS GOING TO SAVE U SOME BUCKS, AND UR GOING TO HAVE A PRETTY DAMN COOL LOOKING CAR.

www.k1-styling.sk

That's crazy! Not for me though.

The GTO is cool, I drove one a year ago, it was very fast, but I didn't like the shifter. I went to a BMW dealer the other day, there was a nice 545i, but I kind of didn't want it.

There was a sweet 645Ci white with beigh/black interior with auto tranny and nice 20" Alpina style wheels. I liked it.

There was a nice ass M3, 05 dark blue with black interior with 30000 miles but had an SMG tranny.

There was few 745lis, but I am still gonna wait a little and maybe I'll buy me a CLS or something.

Ariel Atom is a fun car, its powered by an ecotec now.

I would suggest since you are having a tough time is to go out and test drive whatever interests you, no need to worry about being pushed by the sales people, just tell them you are looking, wanting a drive and you do not want to hear anything about buying until you have decided after the drive if you should move on or not. Usually when I do it the sales guy just deflates and pretty much says nothing, sometimes they let me go on my own, all the more better.

That's what I pretty much do. I have driven bunch of cars.. but I am still gonna drive some more.

I also really like the older 330s. When I went to the BMW dealer, my main reason was the 04-05 330ci or i with Performance Package ZHP with manual tranny. They didn't have none. But I still would love to drive one. We have a 330i sport and it's great but it's auto.

The ZHP package gives it extra 10 horses (not much), but a shorter diff, even lower suspension, some sexy body kit with 18" staggered wheels + they are good priced in high 20ks for a good one.

But that aside I am also desperate to drive a 05+ 911 or a 911S manual, I LOOOVEEE those.

Yeah if I were to choose a car to reach your criteria for purchase it would have to be the 350hp v8 audi s4. Not only is it awd and will stick to the road. It will have that LS feel and luxury that your used to. I know if you chip them you can get 400hp out of them easily. But, I would really check out the 911. That is in a totally different class. But, my dream car right now considering all the 400hp+ sedans aren't out yet it would have to be the Audi RS4 <3. But, good luck on w.e you get. The new 420hp m3 will be here shortly also.

New M3:gr_hail:

S4 is sweet and it sounds fantastic, but with the RS4 out there I wouldn't be able to live with S4. And with the RS4 pricing I would rather have an M5.

I don't think that it's easy to tune the S4's V8 to 400hp with a chip. My cousin has a 2001 S6 in Europe with the same engine and he was trying to get chip for it and didn't find none. Maybe there is some kind of Xcal type of device for those cars too.

Now if it was the earlier V6 turbo S4 or for that matter the earlier 380 hp biturbo RS4 wagen, then that would have been different.

Yeah, the new ///M3 is surely my new dream car. Not only is it fast as he// but, it is killing all the competition in Europe right now. But, from what I have seen from other audi forums the new s4's aren't hard to get 400hp out of and that's without doing major mods. Like cams, under drive pulleys or something in a mechanically inclined similarity. But, if you are looking to test the M3 out there is a game called m3 challenge it gives you a broad idea the best idea I can give you lol. But, also the new IS-F 350 is going to be a beast also along the side of the new CTS-V. I guess if you have the patience wait till mid next year (summer) and all the new 400+hp sedans and coupes will be open for a test drive but, if I were you that's what I would do.

How do you not like the shift of a Tremec T-56 in the GTO? That has to be one of the nicest, easiest shifting transmissions I've ever used.

And what are you looking for? Your like all over the board, wanting 4 doors, 2 doors, suv's, and sports cars? I mean are you realistically going to get a porsche 997?

Also, unfortunately the first gen RS4 wagon wasnt available in the US and the TwinTurbo s4 are problem factories, expensive problems at that. I mean, you like the 330i's, but then then the B6 340 hp S4 isn't enough for you? but the RS4 kind of is........and then M5 is? A 2005 330i is a complete turn of direction from a new M5 or a Porsche 997.

And finally how do the RS4 and new M5 even compare in price? An M5 starts at $83,000 and the RS4 at $67,000? If your really going to dish out $83,000 then why not the 997 since they are in range of pricing?

Are you just into test driving cars for the hell of it or something? Because you have some serious broad choice range here.

I think he just wants something that will turn heads or make people stop in awe. I mean I can see where your coming from. But, yeah the GTO is a nice car but, you still can't tell the difference between a GTO and a grand prix if you ask me. If I were him a V8 S4 would be the car for me but, I guess that's just me. If I was in his shoes right now I would surely wait until next year for all the new 400+ hp cars that are coming out. There is a huge list that I could name off like the Camaro, New RS4, V8 M3, IS-F 350, CTS-V, Z07, and tons more. But, I just think he is looking for the best bang for the buck A class car.

Yeah but I mean, is money no object to you? Because you are looking at 330's and then Porsche 997's and $83K+ M5's.
Personally right now, I think the RS4 is possibly the sharpest car on the road.
Or if you like the M5 and the 645, then why not the M6?
To me, the M6 and RS4 are two of the sharpest german cars on the road, in that order.

I think you need to drive a C6 Z06. You will not think about having anything else after that ride. Outside of the 2 door, I would look at an M5, but it's too much like the LS except for the power. The RS4 would be unique out of the pack, that's another good option. Or just get something mid-priced like and M45 (although it looks like an upgraded Altima) or a Jaguar XF (when it comes out).

joeys_rx7_sig.jpg

With what you said in the original post, sounds like one of these babies is a good deal for you man.

Got a great suspension, small and very sporty and can feel every bit of power it puts out.

You can still drive the LS but use this to just cruise, look good, and have a load of fun going fast and never leaving the lines.

How do you not like the shift of a Tremec T-56 in the GTO? That has to be one of the nicest, easiest shifting transmissions I've ever used.

And what are you looking for? Your like all over the board, wanting 4 doors, 2 doors, suv's, and sports cars? I mean are you realistically going to get a porsche 997?

Also, unfortunately the first gen RS4 wagon wasnt available in the US and the TwinTurbo s4 are problem factories, expensive problems at that. I mean, you like the 330i's, but then then the B6 340 hp S4 isn't enough for you? but the RS4 kind of is........and then M5 is? A 2005 330i is a complete turn of direction from a new M5 or a Porsche 997.

And finally how do the RS4 and new M5 even compare in price? An M5 starts at $83,000 and the RS4 at $67,000? If your really going to dish out $83,000 then why not the 997 since they are in range of pricing?

Are you just into test driving cars for the hell of it or something? Because you have some serious broad choice range here.

lol, oh man, my mind is flyin around....

Ok, my views are wiiide, I know. I want a sports car (m3, 997 or so), but I also want a ballin car like a 750li, a S550, A8 or a 650i. Then on the othen hand I wouldn't mind driving a Cayenne S or a Range Sport with some nice silver 23s.

I think I need to get one of each... lol.

Ok guys don't stress yourself, I am probably gonna wait till next summer and get a buspass loooooooooooooooool, j/k something nice.

lol, oh man, my mind is flyin around....

Ok, my views are wiiide, I know. I want a sports car (m3, 997 or so), but I also want a ballin car like a 750li, a S550, A8 or a 650i. Then on the othen hand I wouldn't mind driving a Cayenne S or a Range Sport with some nice silver 23s.

I think I need to get one of each... lol.

Ok guys don't stress yourself, I am probably gonna wait till next summer and get a buspass loooooooooooooooool, j/k something nice.

Dreaming is nice and keep your dreams but welcome back to the real world.
LOL

When I think of your situation a certain songs comes to mind with a certain verse going... "You go to the dealership But you never cop nothin"
Haha, I'm just messing with you.
Personally I need form and function. SUV's surprisingly right now I'd go for the SRT8 Cherokee over anything else, even the Porsche.
Car, just go for the M6. Much less of those on the road than 5's.

BMW's to me are extremely boring on the inside, which I guess is the German engineering trademark. I need stuff to look at which is why I love Audi interiors.

Why don't you just go to the dealership and get something coming in off of lease? Or do one of those programs where you pay monthly and they give you a new hot car every few weeks.

Just a tad haha. How is that working out for you, give us and HyeLife some insight on how the E39 is doing so far under your capable hands.

P.S. If you ever want another LS, Id be happy to trade for your Wranger TJ :)

hey Arthur dont mean to steal ur thread but I am in the market for a new car as well... I am thinking that I will get the acura TSX i need something economical, yet sporty....but reliable unlike my lincoln. lol..... I really want a bmw3 series 00-04 but their expensive repair costs and reliability issues really concern me.

Just a tad haha. How is that working out for you, give us and HyeLife some insight on how the E39 is doing so far under your capable hands.

P.S. If you ever want another LS, Id be happy to trade for your Wranger TJ :)

So far my M5 has been awesome. I have upgraded the Nav computer and replaced the stock angel eyes with Unmitza ICE bright white and also Xenon fog bulbs. Now my angel eyes, fogs, and HID low beams are a very close color match. I have also just gotten an E60 (later model 5 series) 545 shifter. This will give me a shorter throw (believe it or not this is a $50 piece that Dinan sells for over $200 and it is identical to the Dinan. I am also getting the ZHP knob and new leather shift and ebrake boots with "M" stitching. This matches the stock stiching on the black leather steering wheel cover. Will look like this when I am done and the shift feel will be much better:
ZHP_M.jpg

Next on my list will probably be an Intravee Ipod adapter (totally integrates an IPOD with the BMW DSP audio system.) Bluetooth is on my list as well... So far no performance mods (don't feel I really need any yet). Would love nice exhaust some day. What do you think of this Kellener exhaust? :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grOGsHyhQv8

Members online

No members online now.
Back