the police love my ls.....

01LincolnLSV8 said:
gotta love the harrassment....
Where's the harrassment ??
Ya'll havent learned that being a jerk off and getting lit up by the cops isnt harrassment. Also, here's a tip. If your black and drive stupid then expect to be stopped everytime. Call it wrong, call it racist, call it whatever you want but its the truth, if you choose to ignore the truth then you deserve everything that you get.

Fla02LS said:
Where's the harrassment ??
Ya'll havent learned that being a jerk off and getting lit up by the cops isnt harrassment. Also, here's a tip. If your black and drive stupid then expect to be stopped everytime. Call it wrong, call it racist, call it whatever you want but its the truth, if you choose to ignore the truth then you deserve everything that you get.
U gotta be :q:q:q:qting me...but your right I mean why change things...no point things are great, equality sucks and we should just sit back and let some people be discriminated as long as it's not us.
It's a mute point if your driving stupid u deserve to be pulled over. what does being black have to do with it? Man, it's good thing not many ppl like u are around cuse we would seriously have problems and still have Jim Crow laws around.

JaredLS said:
U gotta be :q:q:q:qting me...but your right I mean why change things...no point things are great, equality sucks and we should just sit back and let some people be discriminated as long as it's not us.
It's a mute point if your driving stupid u deserve to be pulled over. what does being black have to do with it? Man, it's good thing not many ppl like u are around cuse we would seriously have problems and still have Jim Crow laws around.
I myself have no problem with the black folk, i am trying to give the point of view from law enforcement. Dont read too much into that. And i am not saying its correct. I am just saying thats the way it is. Soooo....regardless of whether its right or wrong, its the smart thing to do to atleast recognize the fact. I'm not saying stay home and dont drive, but if your rolling around, bass thumpin, rollin on 20's, dark ass tint, AND you drive stupid then always expect to be f*cked with. Most who's only interaction with law enforcment is when they get pulled over dont have the understanding of why it is what the cops are doing. I mean, do people honestly question why a cop would call for backup when stopping a car in the middle of the night and why they shine the light directly at you ? And i only brought up the whole "black" thing because the one guy who posted the pictures about being harrassed was a black dude.

I can honestly say I"ve been pulled over because of my own doing, minor thou, slight speeding, exhaust in front of the rear wheels, car shackled illegally(made the cop take that one back immediately, new leaf springs aren't illegal)and been harassed for no reason. If you think some police don't have a chip on their shoulder your wrong. I'm not saying all are the same, I've had the cool police and fair warnings. But the facts are I've been harassed for the car I drive and have had a cop say "Is this your car, how can you afford it" thats WRONG. The stupid idiot couldn't even tell it was two colors and a obvious collision repair by a kid that isn't a punk and can turn a wrench better than he could imagine. There's bad apples in all crowds, kids and the police. Oh yeh thats just one time I was IMO harassed. BTW 33 yrs old, never a accident where the other person didn't get ticketed there fault. Only a few speeding tickets, too few to remember, none in 5 yrs.

One thing that doesnt make sense with the original postee is he claims to have taken the pics with his sidekick, but why is the picture from across the street ? There is no way thats him in the picture AND he's the one taking the pic. Am i missing something here ?

man that's some pretty racist :q:q:q:q right there FLA. i am in los angeles and there's more Armenians cruising thru in decked out 740ILs and CL55s, more whites :q:q:q:qing up the roads with H2s than mexicans with their $2,000 japanese cars with $20,000 extras... by the way are you actually involved in law enforcement?

Fla02LS said:
One thing that doesnt make sense with the original postee is he claims to have taken the pics with his sidekick, but why is the picture from across the street ? There is no way thats him in the picture AND he's the one taking the pic. Am i missing something here ?

I was wondering the same thing. Police would never let someone walk away from a stop like that. And Dooney never posted why he got stopped. From one of the pictures he posted, it looks like he was stopped in the 'left turn only' lane... I thought you were supposed to pull over to the right... kinda makes me think that his car broke down and he was waiting for a tow. Cops were probably there to prevent other knuckleheads from plowing into him... but hey, people make up stories all the time.

Racial profiling in FLA... where 50% of the population is considered a minority elsewhere and the other 50% are retirees from up north?

mholhut said:
I was wondering the same thing. Police would never let someone walk away from a stop like that. And Dooney never posted why he got stopped. From one of the pictures he posted, it looks like he was stopped in the 'left turn only' lane... I thought you were supposed to pull over to the right... kinda makes me think that his car broke down and he was waiting for a tow. Cops were probably there to prevent other knuckleheads from plowing into him... but hey, people make up stories all the time.

Racial profiling in FLA... where 50% of the population is considered a minority elsewhere and the other 50% are retirees from up north?
I am sure me and you see things with the same eye. What i noticed, black guy driving a chromed up LS, dark ass tint, in Miami, that draws extra attention to you which equals traffic stop. The officers were wearing blue, so they were city cops. If he wasnt broke down then he definately didnt stop correctly. If you tint your car in Florida illegally you are giving any cop any place a 24hr a day reason to stop you. Period. Thats not harrassment. Thats called doing your job. As far as profiling, it absolutely happens. If there are three cars up ahead, 1)Old lady in a buick 2)Young girl in a honda 3)Black dude in chromed up LS, dark tint.....which do think is going to get an "assessment".

hmm, first you brought up [in your own words] "the black thing" now you are saying oh it's just the tint that that's why you get pulled over. so which one is it? if it's tinted too dark, how would they know the driver is black? which is more important in the decision making process? what about a pimped out LS, driven by a black dude with no tint. is he more liable to be pulled over than a mexican in a tinted LS? im still waiting for those statistics by the way.

Lets make it 750LIs, I was in LA yesterday and the 7s and Ss are usual but in half an hour that I was there I saw 3 Maserati Quattroportes driven by who? Armos. Nice, nice..

Anyways, I think the first picture and the other pictures are taken on different occasions, but Dooney didn't state that they were taken at the same place or time anyway. He put those pictures up there because LENNDAWG was talking about how it is when he gets pullled over and few more cops come by. That's when Dooney posted the other pictures taken with the Sidekick, probably to show people that what it looks like from his rear view mirror with police in the back. And about the picture taken from the side maybe one of friends saw him and snaped a picture.

I think that's the way it all happened. Correct me if I am wrong.

steagle said:
i am in los angeles and there's more Armenians cruising thru in decked out 740ILs and CL55s, more whites :q:q:q:qing up the roads with H2s than mexicans with their $2,000 japanese cars with $20,000 extras...

I'll give a quick lesson in Police 101 for you and everyone else to read and ponder alittle. Maybe it'll give you a better perspective on it. Most all cops nowadays have laptops in the car that can access lots of info in a few seconds. I'll give a hypothetical situation that you can follow. I am the cop driving down the road. Like the example i gave above, there is an old lady in a buick, a young girl in a honda, and that same guy with in his LS. I am going to check out the LS. Heres the steps:
1) Is the license tag current ? New sticker ?
2) I now run the tag...Is it valid ? Does it match the car (ex. Its registered to a red ford and its on a brown honda, problem)
3) Is the car listed as stolen ?
4) Now query the registered owner....does it match the driver? Computer shows a DMV photo of owner. (ex. Registered to a 50 yr old white woman and a 22 yr old black guy driving, problem)
5) If they match, does the registered owner have a current valid license? Do they have any arrest warrants? Any driving restrictions, ie. No night driving.
6) Further query the owner...driving record, criminal history, where they live. If your a guy who's been arrested 5 times before for crack then expect a stop. If you live 5 miles away and i see you in the bad part of town that will raise some questions.
Still havent even addressed his driving yet. Maybe there is something in violation with the car, window tint...light out...radio too loud...seatbelt.
7) I decide to make a stop. Do they stop quickly ? Do they stop correctly?
8) I ask for license,registration,insurance. Do they even have all three present ? Do i get attitude ? Questioning? Or are they courteous and respectfull ?
9) I ask some questions that i know the answer (ex. Have you been arrested before ? Where do you live ?) This is to check their honesty. If they arent going to be honest about that then why would they be honest about any other questions ?? Also checking his body language, interior of car.
I STILL havent addressed his driving and reason for stopping yet. If everything above checks clean and the guy is cool, then most likely he wont get a ticket.
Now, the reason for the stop would be his window tint, or possibly his driving and the tint is something additional.
Everything above is perfectly legal, isnt harrassment. So next time that patrol car is behind you, there is alot more going on than you think.

I was trying to be safe.............

MsM8tress said:
Heheheh luv Ya BTP ;)

In all seriousness, Hotties, be safe.

Smooch,
MsM8

I must have done something wrong to the girl in the black BMW 323 that was trying to put me in the wall. She was on the phone, doing 70 in the fast, and I passed her on the right. Next thing I know we are cat and mousing down the road with her trying to park her little bimmer in the passenger seat. slowed down, she slowed, sped up, she sped up. Jumped two lanes, hit the truck lane and passed the Fine Ociffer at 130. He lit them up, I stopped and she kept going. He warned me and told me that they got her a couple miles up the road and that with all her fines she will probably be huffing it by sneaker for a while. How many times do we have to say this, If You Can't Run With The Big Dogs, Stay On The Phukin Porch.

She was cute though. PMS in a BMW, gotta love it.

Fla02LS said:

yo smartie... check my video post... thats mt car with me in it! my girlfriend took the pic from across the street because she was watching. i took the other pics when i was in the car.

Fla02LS said:
I am sure me and you see things with the same eye. What i noticed, black guy driving a chromed up LS, dark ass tint, in Miami, that draws extra attention to you which equals traffic stop. The officers were wearing blue, so they were city cops. If he wasnt broke down then he definately didnt stop correctly. If you tint your car in Florida illegally you are giving any cop any place a 24hr a day reason to stop you. Period. Thats not harrassment. Thats called doing your job. As far as profiling, it absolutely happens. If there are three cars up ahead, 1)Old lady in a buick 2)Young girl in a honda 3)Black dude in chromed up LS, dark tint.....which do think is going to get an "assessment".

1. i dont have tints
2. those are campus police officers at the university i go to.
3. i was pulled over for something i wasn't supposed to be doing....
after i get my day in court... i'll gladly let you know what it was.
4. my car didnt break down
5. dont refer to me as a "Black Dude"... you :q :q :q :q :q :q :q a

Fla02LS said:

dude it does not matter let it go.. to day i had a cop ask me if my ls was fast. i told him that i was realy slow LOL

I could take pics of my ride in front of the police station as well..... haha. jk. Cool :q:q:q:q.

bufordtpisser said:
I must have done something wrong to the girl in the black BMW 323 that was trying to put me in the wall. She was on the phone, doing 70 in the fast, and I passed her on the right. Next thing I know we are cat and mousing down the road with her trying to park her little bimmer in the passenger seat. slowed down, she slowed, sped up, she sped up. Jumped two lanes, hit the truck lane and passed the Fine Ociffer at 130. He lit them up, I stopped and she kept going. He warned me and told me that they got her a couple miles up the road and that with all her fines she will probably be huffing it by sneaker for a while. How many times do we have to say this, If You Can't Run With The Big Dogs, Stay On The Phukin Porch.

She was cute though. PMS in a BMW, gotta love it.

bufordtpisser - Hottie, you made my point, with these nuts out there you have to be on your D and O game!! I want to buy one of those loud horn blower can things for jacko's with their head up their as...I mean cellie up to their head.....either learn to do it or don't do it da_nit.

and what is it with these drivers that wake up and act like they just discovered they were on the friggin freeway!!!!!!

Whaof Whaof!
Lick

Fla02LS said:
I'll give a quick lesson in Police 101 for you and everyone else to read and ponder alittle. Maybe it'll give you a better perspective on it. Most all cops nowadays have laptops in the car that can access lots of info in a few seconds. I'll give a hypothetical situation that you can follow. I am the cop driving down the road. Like the example i gave above, there is an old lady in a buick, a young girl in a honda, and that same guy with in his LS. I am going to check out the LS. Heres the steps:
1) Is the license tag current ? New sticker ?
2) I now run the tag...Is it valid ? Does it match the car (ex. Its registered to a red ford and its on a brown honda, problem)
3) Is the car listed as stolen ?
4) Now query the registered owner....does it match the driver? Computer shows a DMV photo of owner. (ex. Registered to a 50 yr old white woman and a 22 yr old black guy driving, problem)
5) If they match, does the registered owner have a current valid license? Do they have any arrest warrants? Any driving restrictions, ie. No night driving.
6) Further query the owner...driving record, criminal history, where they live. If your a guy who's been arrested 5 times before for crack then expect a stop. If you live 5 miles away and i see you in the bad part of town that will raise some questions.
Still havent even addressed his driving yet. Maybe there is something in violation with the car, window tint...light out...radio too loud...seatbelt.
7) I decide to make a stop. Do they stop quickly ? Do they stop correctly?
8) I ask for license,registration,insurance. Do they even have all three present ? Do i get attitude ? Questioning? Or are they courteous and respectfull ?
9) I ask some questions that i know the answer (ex. Have you been arrested before ? Where do you live ?) This is to check their honesty. If they arent going to be honest about that then why would they be honest about any other questions ?? Also checking his body language, interior of car.
I STILL havent addressed his driving and reason for stopping yet. If everything above checks clean and the guy is cool, then most likely he wont get a ticket.
Now, the reason for the stop would be his window tint, or possibly his driving and the tint is something additional.
Everything above is perfectly legal, isnt harrassment. So next time that patrol car is behind you, there is alot more going on than you think.

just for your info...
my car is registered in MY name!
it's paid off.
i dont have any warrants
the car isn't stolen.
i didn't do any traffic infractions.
i was wearing my seatbelt.
i wasnt playing loud music.

know the FACTS BEFORE you make up some idiotic steps, i bet you're some 35+ year old, that thinks i shouldn't be owning an Ls.

Look I dont know who you are, but you sure are full of the most ignorant statements.
thank God i'm an Elementary Education major.... maybe i can teach kids not to be ignorant as they get older, because ignorance gets you nowhere.
Get a Life!

dooneybaby said:
just for your info...
my car is registered in MY name!
it's paid off.
i dont have any warrants
the car isn't stolen.
i didn't do any traffic infractions.
i was wearing my seatbelt.
i wasnt playing loud music.

know the FACTS BEFORE you make up some idiotic steps, i bet you're some 35+ year old, that thinks i shouldn't be owning an Ls.

Look I dont know who you are, but you sure are full of the most ignorant statements.
thank God i'm an Elementary Education major.... maybe i can teach kids not to be ignorant as they get older, because ignorance gets you nowhere.
Get a Life!

I'll give you some truth too. He did not just give you the police 101. He gave you the FLORIDA police 101, or the bored small-town police officer 101.

Cops in real cities don't go through all of that BS unless you really give them a reason to.

dooneybaby said:

Get a Life!

Well said ( Fla02LS ) does need to get a life, he thinks that he needs to give people an education about the Police!!!

Well, some people do need a better understanding about why police do things the way they do. Whether it's Fla02LS's obligation or someone else's because most people get their "education" on such topics from what they read on the internet or what they see on TV, and we all know how reality is portrayed in those mediums. I've said it before and I'll say it again... use common sense and make up your own mind.

When I saw those images and then the post that said "Isn't it obvious why he got stopped", (a very leading question,) I thought that there are two ways this thread can go... bad and worse. Some might say he was stopped because of his race, while others might say because of style of car he's driving. Yet, some might say that he must've committed an traffic infraction. The point is, there was never enough information about the situation, so the wild assumptions started to fly. The situation was further perpetuated, IMHO, by such other comments as "love the harrassment", etc. People are going to see things in certain ways no matter how it's presented. It all depends on who's interpreting it, and their own values. Post those pictures with no caption in any forum and you'll get the same types of responses we have just seen from people who either support or dislike law enforcement.

I'm a cop whether anyone cares to know it or not. I didn't join up 16 years ago so I could be liked. If I wanted to be liked, I would've been a fireman. Who hate's firemen? No one. Even if your house burns to the ground, the owners will still thank the firemen. No one thanks a cop, simply because they are always associated with the bad things in life. Parents often see a cop in uniform and point out to their misbehaving kids, "See, if you don't behave that policeman will put you in jail." Thanks, lady... you're 4 year old son needs to start his discontent for the police at a young and impressionable age. Why not just say, "See that policeman? If you ever need help, you can go to him."

In a similar fashion, kids grow up being exposed to the negative aspects of law enforcement... mom or dad get arrested by the police and it's just like saying the police are bad. Or, the most popular notion, that people get pulled over for repeated traffic citations and their dislike for the police begins there. I love that... people hate cops because they get tickets when they can't drive correctly. The problem is never with them... only with the police. Don't get me wrong, there are some real toolbags in this profession that shouldn't be out there, and I understand that they paint a very bad picture of my profession. But you get that anywhere you go and in any job.

I despise the service I get from restaurant wait-staff from time to time... but that does not mean I "hate" them all, nor would I wish to kill any of them because of it. But no where in this world can someone loose their life simply based on what they do... other than a cop. Police are generally murdered in two basic manners... at traffic stops and at domestic disputes. If you were a waitress and new that waitresses get murdered table-side when they ask someone what thy'd like to eat, you'd certainly approach your next booth a little more cautiously.

Police act in a defensive manner during traffic stops based on two simple principles... first, the operator knows that the police are the police and their reactions are interpreted by the police; and two, the police may not have a clue who is driving a car at any particular moment. For police, you never want to be in a fair fight... you never want to be "even" with a potential adversary... you always want a tactical edge. In the photo's above, some see "harrassment" some see the police being "cautious." That's just the way it is, and that's the way it will always be.

Glad to see the petty bickering is prevalent as much in the online world as it is in reality. All the forums I visit go through the same things every time a traffic stop is mentioned. I'm glad that the members of LVC are no different. This thread has grown so redonkulous that it's no longer worthy of any opinnion lacking any factual basis. IMO, this thread should've never been started... if fuels the fire of racism and discontent for law enforcement. It's not doing anyone any good.

I agree nut. I dont hear people bitching about the garbage guy for taking their garbage but they will bitch about a cop giving them a ticket.

I hope the guy wasnt pulled over because of his race but unfortuntely racism is still here. in that same aspect if they were black cops pulling him over would he be thinking its racism?

I dont know.

I just hope all is well and if he was breaking the law thats why we was pulled over and not because of his race.

mholhut said:
Well, some people do need a better understanding about why police do things the way they do. Whether it's Fla02LS's obligation or someone else's because most people get their "education" on such topics from what they read on the internet or what they see on TV, and we all know how reality is portrayed in those mediums. I've said it before and I'll say it again... use common sense and make up your own mind.

When I saw those images and then the post that said "Isn't it obvious why he got stopped", (a very leading question,) I thought that there are two ways this thread can go... bad and worse. Some might say he was stopped because of his race, while others might say because of style of car he's driving. Yet, some might say that he must've committed an traffic infraction. The point is, there was never enough information about the situation, so the wild assumptions started to fly. The situation was further perpetuated, IMHO, by such other comments as "love the harrassment", etc. People are going to see things in certain ways no matter how it's presented. It all depends on who's interpreting it, and their own values. Post those pictures with no caption in any forum and you'll get the same types of responses we have just seen from people who either support or dislike law enforcement.

I'm a cop whether anyone cares to know it or not. I didn't join up 16 years ago so I could be liked. If I wanted to be liked, I would've been a fireman. Who hate's firemen? No one. Even if your house burns to the ground, the owners will still thank the firemen. No one thanks a cop, simply because they are always associated with the bad things in life. Parents often see a cop in uniform and point out to their misbehaving kids, "See, if you don't behave that policeman will put you in jail." Thanks, lady... you're 4 year old son needs to start his discontent for the police at a young and impressionable age. Why not just say, "See that policeman? If you ever need help, you can go to him."

In a similar fashion, kids grow up being exposed to the negative aspects of law enforcement... mom or dad get arrested by the police and it's just like saying the police are bad. Or, the most popular notion, that people get pulled over for repeated traffic citations and their dislike for the police begins there. I love that... people hate cops because they get tickets when they can't drive correctly. The problem is never with them... only with the police. Don't get me wrong, there are some real toolbags in this profession that shouldn't be out there, and I understand that they paint a very bad picture of my profession. But you get that anywhere you go and in any job.

I despise the service I get from restaurant wait-staff from time to time... but that does not mean I "hate" them all, nor would I wish to kill any of them because of it. But no where in this world can someone loose their life simply based on what they do... other than a cop. Police are generally murdered in two basic manners... at traffic stops and at domestic disputes. If you were a waitress and new that waitresses get murdered table-side when they ask someone what thy'd like to eat, you'd certainly approach your next booth a little more cautiously.

Police act in a defensive manner during traffic stops based on two simple principles... first, the operator knows that the police are the police and their reactions are interpreted by the police; and two, the police may not have a clue who is driving a car at any particular moment. For police, you never want to be in a fair fight... you never want to be "even" with a potential adversary... you always want a tactical edge. In the photo's above, some see "harrassment" some see the police being "cautious." That's just the way it is, and that's the way it will always be.

Glad to see the petty bickering is prevalent as much in the online world as it is in reality. All the forums I visit go through the same things every time a traffic stop is mentioned. I'm glad that the members of LVC are no different. This thread has grown so redonkulous that it's no longer worthy of any opinnion lacking any factual basis. IMO, this thread should've never been started... if fuels the fire of racism and discontent for law enforcement. It's not doing anyone any good.
Well said Mike! :Beer

mholhut said:

Wow! Well said from someone who knows. I know for a fact that if I were an officer stopping someone, I would be extremely cautious not knowing what I was going to face when I walked up to the window. I was pulled over a few years ago and when the officer came up to my side of the car, I could see him in the mirror as he hugged the side of the car with his hand on his weapon. I made damn good and sure my hands were on the wheel and my wife's hands were in plain sight. I wanted him to know I was not going to do something stupid. I think he appreciated that too.

Dooney...don't sweat the ignorant comment. As hard as it must be, just ignore it and consider the source. I know of no one on this site who cares what color your skin is, my skin is, or anyone else's. Those who publish comments like that have a problem...not you or anyone else.

Staff online

Members online

Back