the police love my ls.....

itsnotmydaddys said:
WOW, eleanor is back, what do we owe this apperance too..

nothing.....Just alot of work and family that have taken up my time. Along with a new house..new aviator...a new riding lawn mower...the list goes on...:)
MsM8tress....
thanks for the Kind statements on my ls...But it was sold a few months ago. We got a 03 Kitty Hawk Aviator. I do miss the LS...and the fun my wife and I had in it.....But I have to say, if i had to buy the Aviator all over again, I would. It has been an amazing vehicle. Navigation, DVD rear seat entertainment, with another 2 more tv's that I added. The center stack-driver passenger areas are very well made. The only item its missing is 20 or 22 inch rims....coming this summer I hope...

Again. I still have my 18inch antera 309 silver rims with hankook tires. Looking to unload them if anyone is interested give me a email...

Eleanor

mholhut said:
See, you keep changing your comparisons here... now you're talking about being shot and not being killed. Stick to one set of circumstances. Just like all the taxi drivers and the store clerks, the police get shot at too. Thankfully they all don't sucumb to their wonds.

Who the hell said that I was talking about simply being shot and not killed? I certainly didn't.

If you read the stats from the Uniform Crime Reports I posted, you would've seen:

Police murdered in 2004: 57
Taxi drivers murdered in 2004: 38
Conveinience store clerks murderd in 2004: 31

You'll have to provide me with some facts about who's getting shot at and at what rate because I'm not able to find that data.

Your own data shows that police officers are NOT that only job in which people get killed for what they do, which was my point from the beginning. You proved yourself wrong.

So all that shooting you are referring to going on in NYC? Damn, sounds safe to me. Glad I'm a cop and that I won't have to worry that anyone would be shooting at me! :rolleyes: How do you want to convolute this next... that the taxi cab drivers and store clerks get more paper cuts than the police?

Who said anything about shooting going on in NYC? When did I ever specify any area at all? Stop making up crap that doesn't exist. Cops are not the only people who get murdered for being who they are. Plain and simple. You proved it yourself.

You are wrong. Move along.

Here's a few things I picked up from the Bureau of Labor Statistics too:

Deaths due to Violent Acts and Assaults for year 2004:

Service Providing: 574
Retail Trade: 185
Food and Beverage Stores: 62
Leisure and Hospitality: 111

Eleanor said:
Here is just one......
From www.odmp.org website....

Deputy York was shot on August 14, 1997, and died of his wounds on August 16, 1997. Deputy York and his fiancée, who is also a Los Angeles deputy, were off duty and in a hair salon when two robbers entered and ordered everyone to the ground. While one suspect covered the customers the other collected everyone's wallets and purses. The two suspects discovered Deputy York's badge and immediately shot him in the back of the head as he lay on the ground. Deputy York had not resisted and remained calm throughout the entire robbery trying to keep others from getting hurt. The two suspects were arrested later in the day during a traffic stop by Fullerton Police. In August 2000 the suspect who pulled the trigger was found guilty of first degree murder with special circumstances and sentenced to death.

RIP Deputy York.........

So what? That's one cop.

Dominus said:
So what? That's one cop.

This is an unbelievable response! Dominus, did you read the situation? The officer was shot in cold blood just for being there, and you say "So what, that's one cop"?

You have a serious problem, my friend.

ToddG said:
This is an unbelievable response! Dominus, did you read the situation? The officer was shot in cold blood just for being there, and you say "So what, that's one cop"?

You have a serious problem, my friend.

I read the situation. I fail to see how it support hut's argument that police are the only people who are targeted because of their profession. I haven't seen any sympathy here for the taxi drivers, grocery store workers, or anybody. Why would a story about this cop suddenly wreck my day, when we have been discussing multiple deaths throughout this thread all along? Is there something that makes this cop more or less special than any of the other deaths we have discussed? Or is the life of a citizen worthless to you?

ntec said:
From my fist car to my last it don"t matter what you drive some Cops just got a chip on there shoulder .I got tickets i deserve and others I shoud n't .I got one in my LS, cop stopped me first thing he said to me is this your car ?and said I was 10 k over ? went to court he didn't show ! I drive a 2001 mazda mpv now & cops never ask me if its my van ?.It's human nature people are just haters some of them are cops your boss etc etc .I hate to see people write you deserve to be stopped cause your black you know where you can go with that. Well sold my Lincoln Ls and bought a house and people ask me do you live here ??:confused:

try being 20 one time driving a 02 LS :D

IMGA1117.JPG

Members online

No members online now.
Back