Thanatos 1998 ivory progress thread

no they wont rub. the offset is perfect and there is not much difference in over all tire diameter.

When is it? ill try to make it.

yeah he(shop owner) just wanted to get some of the money back he spent on those materials.

these seats gave me the idea to try that pattern out on mine.

2012 benz ml class
2012-Mercedes-Benz-ML-Class-Front-Seats-580x386.jpg

2009 bently gt
Bentley-GT-Speed-Elegance-Seat-black.jpg

2005_bentley_continental_gt_mulliner_car_audio_electronics_magazine_5.jpg

Thanatos, I wouldve designed the layout a little diferrent. Maybe you should've gone with that pattern on the inside of the seats just like every photo you are showing here as opposed to the top of the seats.

came out ok. it looks like a brandywine at night.

DSCF0610-1.jpg

DSCF0611-1.jpg

The color looks gorgeous but just like Laser is asking, I hope you got all the door jambs, engine bay, etc... painted. Otherwise your car just lost a ton of value.

Remember to go swap the color on your title too.

hahahaha why laser you dont like the 2 tone he would have going on? :p
I just have a thing for cars that are not painted right. So many times I had a car I wanted to change the color but thought better of it because what is involved. You have a great looking car in a custom color and then pop the hood and there is a dirty white engine bay.
Hell it bugs me if the inside of the doors behind the door pannels are not painted. Its just the OCD in me.

I just have a thing for cars that are not painted right. So many times I had a car I wanted to change the color but thought better of it because what is involved. You have a great looking car in a custom color and then pop the hood and there is a dirty white engine bay.
Hell it bugs me if the inside of the doors behind the door pannels are not painted. Its just the OCD in me.

Not OCD at all dude. It's the only way to do a color swap unless you are painting it similar to the prior color. Like from cordovan to toreador, from white to opalesceant, black to midnight blue, etc... but when you go from white to black or white to red, etc... it's just horrible if you don't do it right.

yes the door jams are painted and the trunk jams. The engine bay is painted flat black. all the rubber trim on the outside of the car is painted flat black also. im getting the wheel well s painted flat black mon.

match the body with calipers.you dont want too much going on with different colors. with the inner lip and calipers done like body man it'll pop! good job

yes the door jams are painted and the trunk jams. The engine bay is painted flat black. all the rubber trim on the outside of the car is painted flat black also. im getting the wheel well s painted flat black mon.
Excellent.

I was going to wait til i wash up the engine bay and door/trunk jams to take pics...

underside of the hood
DSCF0631.jpg

engine bay
DSCF0630-1.jpg

trunk jam
DSCF0627.jpg

door jams
DSCF0621-1.jpg

DSCF0620.jpg

Thanatos, I wouldve designed the layout a little diferrent. Maybe you should've gone with that pattern on the inside of the seats just like every photo you are showing here as opposed to the top of the seats.
/QUOTE]

thats why i did the tops, to make mine different.

Looks like a not cheap paint job. Nice job they did.

That's the way a car should be painted!
Well done! I'm not a big fan of the wheels nor the interior but hey, you've done 1000000x times more work on your car than I have on mine so hands down, it's still gorgeous!

Looks like a not cheap paint job. Nice job they did.
thanks.

That's the way a car should be painted!
Well done! I'm not a big fan of the wheels nor the interior but hey, you've done 1000000x times more work on your car than I have on mine so hands down, it's still gorgeous!
thanks.

Interior looks good. Would love to see it in person some time. Which shop did the work?
thanks.
I.C. auto spa in chicago did it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back