Sylvania Headlight Housing Attack

XLR my point was all lawyers are not created the same... to imply everyone is the same is to imply that all sport athletes are the same. Next you could throw out their I'm not even a lawyer yet, and that the lawyer that took it on has experience...Tell that to the high school students that segway directly into professional sports and hand professional sports veterans their ass.

My point was there's no harm in trying. Why try to stop people from doing something that may potentially benefit you?

There were no crickets, just the fact I am pulling 18 credit hours, being a full time stay at home dad to a toddler, and trying to work on the f'n brakes on my car. Not everyone has the ability to glue themselves to the keyboard.

Oh and I don't have a plan yet because I just responded to this post saying something could be done. I sure hope you are not insinuating the moment someone thinks they may pursue something they automatically have a failsafe plan. I'm really hoping that's not what you were trying to insinuate because that would be pretty illogical.

...It just popped in my head yesterday because I looked over and saw the letter from Ford to bring my car back in so that they could reactivate my cruise control for me. I'm not having either one done because I have clear housings with aftermarket HID's and I could care less about cruise control. I know it's deactivated now and that works for me.

fwiw, even if you don't have the cruise hooked back up, your car can still burn up. It's the brake pressure switch that was the problem, and can still leak even though not hooked up.

Rip, when that lawyer told you "that you should be a lawyer because your so good at arguing" I think you misunderstood what he meant.

That would be the same as if while a mechanic was working on a car that it's "know it all owner" kept trying to give him advice...and he'd push back his hat and say.. "well tarnation, you should be a mechanic" when he really meant..
STFU!!!

Now... with that said, I guess you dont actually understand that I was agreeing with you on a class action law suit..

BUT.. if you think some "email campaign/spam attack via email" is gonna solve anything..then

TARNATION.. you should have been a MECHANIC!

that's all I'm sayin'

lol

just the fact I am pulling 18 credit hours, being a full time stay at home dad to a toddler, and trying to work on the f'n brakes on my car. Not everyone has the ability to glue themselves to the keyboard.

me thinks you dont have enough time to THINK about suing Lincoln sir...
lol

then again if I only had to pull 18 hours of college credit... I could probably pick a few fights via email..(grins)
I'm JOKING..

I'm raising a toddler too and working full time..and FWIW if you check ALL the times I've ever posted, it's within a very narrow time window.

fwiw, even if you don't have the cruise hooked back up, your car can still burn up. It's the brake pressure switch that was the problem, and can still leak even though not hooked up.

If it burns, it burns and the house goes with it. I have it on paper that the car is safe from any fire hazard since being disconnected. I signed it and they signed it. The part was not in stock when mine was disconnected and on that paper, it never mentions any time limit I have to bring it back. It took 14 or w/e years to recall it, I might take it back in 14 more. Could be why they continue to send me papers to bring it in but none of them say anywhere that they are releasing themselves from any fire liability. If I let them put the part in, it might catch fire quicker, who knows? Also, the technician in the shop stated in front of another witness that the car was safe from catching fire now that it's disconnected. He was the shop manager.

huh, thats kewl to know. It would be harder for it to go up, but if it does decide to leak there's still always that chance depending where it drips.
I guess that goes for anything though that may decide to leak in the wrong place ;)

Oh god ffs just re-chrome your housings, buy an ebay hid kit and deal with it. I can't believe people think Ford gives a sh!t.

We were kinda letting the issue here go. I just simply sent Sylvania an email not knowing that Ford still stocked new Gen 1 housings and also for completely removing the 9005 HID bulb from their line when there are still thousands of cars out driving and needing that bulb. None of us that I know of need our housings re-chromed or not that I know of anyway. Mine are like new and not re-chromed with the 10,000K HID kit installed in the "low beam" socket. I'm shining very bright with what I have with no night time visibility issues what so ever.

Tommy clarified what happened with the production of the bulbs and how Ford done them during the deal. Once he said what he had to say, I knew then that it was all just a waste of time sending them the email. I really could care less if they make either one of them again because I have two sets of housings with good chrome and clear lenses.

One mentioned to get a hobby if this is all we have to do. I don't need a hobby. The day I sent the email, I was just bored that day, so I sent it and got the reply back from Sylvania, not Ford. I'm done with the issue but it does bother me that there are still people out there that don't come on this site or the .org site or LOD and they don't know the tricks of the trade. There might be countless older women and men for that matter that have had these cars since new and they are stuck without a car after dark all because they don't have headlight bulbs or they have housings that look like over sized yellow blinkers.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/ctd/1378120229.html

The car in the link above for instance. It's for sale right now. I feel sorry for someone if they travel from a few states away to get that car and have to drive back in the dark. There are others out there that are worse than this. Not all Marks are owned by men. Not all the men that own Marks know that the headlight can be taken apart and re-chromed and polished clear again. That was my point of all this. Now if someone goes to Atlanta to buy that car and it just so happens that they do live a state or two away, it's likely that it will be driven home during the night and there is always the chance of someone getting killed all because they can't see :q:q:q:q. All I was suggesting is that there is always that chance. As for my car, I would have to be blind not to see what's in front of me and even with good lighting, I also stand the chance of being killed because you never know what the other person is going to do.

You can see below that I have no lighting issue at all which goes for the majority of the users here and other sites.

Lights%20001.jpg

Lights%20002.jpg

Work%20Tonight%20005.jpg

Clear lenses, like new!

DSC00462.JPG

DSC00467.JPG

This was before I had them aimed good. Now they're even better. I'm not bitching or complaining, just didn't understand but now I do since it has been explained by someone that has been down that road to end up on "No Answer Circle" with 3000 people backing him. Look at what Lou (mafioso) is going through right now. Why is this happening? He's dealing with lawyers in Cali over a lighting issue (I guess causing an accident) from one of the kits of his. Had they made the housings right and not discontinued the bulbs, maybe he never would have got into the HID business, idk. I wish him all the best because not only does he have that to deal with but health issues also.

I can agree with the fact that a lot of people out there do not know how to solve this problem-I know an old guy (67) with a 94, and it has 169,000 miles on it-he bought it new in 94. He asked me what I liked/disliked about mine, and of course I mentioned the lights-he said he hated driving his at night, and when I looked at his car, I couldn't help but laugh-they were unbelievable! So yellow, almost orange, NO chrome whatsoever. I had trimbright left from when I did mine, and got an HID kit on ebay (5000K, anything higher is not right IMO) for $53 delivered. I polished the lenses, it took about 1 1/2 hours of work and less than $70 total. Ford should be ashamed of themselves for allowing this crappy design into production for 4 years (93 through 96), but it is hardly an insurmountable problem to correct. Maybe if you come across a Mark with yellow lenses, you could stick a note on the windshield and offer information or even to help out a fellow mark owner-thinking Ford really gives a you know what is pointless.

Rip, when that lawyer told you "that you should be a lawyer because your so good at arguing" I think you misunderstood what he meant.

That would be the same as if while a mechanic was working on a car that it's "know it all owner" kept trying to give him advice...and he'd push back his hat and say.. "well tarnation, you should be a mechanic" when he really meant..
STFU!!!

Now... with that said, I guess you dont actually understand that I was agreeing with you on a class action law suit..

BUT.. if you think some "email campaign/spam attack via email" is gonna solve anything..then

TARNATION.. you should have been a MECHANIC!

that's all I'm sayin'

lol

Really? Well I'm glad you were their for the conversation(s). I can tell when someone is being sarcastic or serious. I was asked what I was doing with my life, and I was told I was doing the wrong thing because I have different viewpoints that most don't think about. Sure it's easy for you to sit here and type because you have time to think. Now if we were face to face, could you think fast on your feet?

That's what the lawyer was saying was I thought fast, I came up with ideas out of left field that were plausible, and wasn't the usual mindset that most lawyers are accustomed to dealing with.

He talked about schools with me, what the process is etc etc.

Far cry from what you are insinuating...

me thinks you dont have enough time to THINK about suing Lincoln sir...
lol

then again if I only had to pull 18 hours of college credit... I could probably pick a few fights via email..(grins)
I'm JOKING..

I'm raising a toddler too and working full time..and FWIW if you check ALL the times I've ever posted, it's within a very narrow time window.

You are right about that. I don't have time to push a huge lawsuit, but I do have time during breaks to look up statutes, and try to assess the situation. A suit that would need to be done would take years, but the real push would be to make a stink about it and bring media attention to the fact automotive manufacturers are leaving consumers with no reasonable viable choice.

There's many avenues, but emailing is not one of them. Getting names, addresses and signatures for a petition will be needed. Beyond that I would have to work my usual magic.

I know it seems arrogant, and well it really is arrogant, but if you personally knew me you would laugh and understand.

I just like to help people bud, and I get sick and tired of watching corporations taking a :q:q:q:q on people who don't have the financial capabilities to fight for themselves. This is why I'm seeking a law degree, to fight this type of :q:q:q:q! It's not about the money to me, it's about justice!

Members online

No members online now.
Back