Swift Boat Veterans for Truth 2nd Ad

The attacks on Bush and his character are well documented. It's funny to see the tables turned on Kerry now, and the Bush-haters' reactions to it. What comes around, goes around. Keep it comin'.

Joeychgo said:
Bush calls for halt to Swift Boat vets' ads
‘I think they’re bad for the system,' president says

And I say so too.

Yeah, a lot of us were getting tired of hearing Kerry and his supporters throw a fit like a spoiled 2 year old.

Kbob said:
The attacks on Bush and his character are well documented. It's funny to see the tables turned on Kerry now, and the Bush-haters' reactions to it. What comes around, goes around. Keep it comin'.

I for one, paid little attention to those -- Im interested in today, here and now.

Joeychgo said:
I for one, paid little attention to those -- Im interested in today, here and now.

To be honest, I am too. Sometimes we all get caught up in the moment, like a shark that smells blood and we go for the kill. I was having fun because I felt my point was flawless: let everyones records be made public, Kerry, Swift vets, Bush's, everyones, and let the chips fall where they may. Everyone kept dodging the bullet, though, by bringing up other issues to distract from Kerry's vulnerability. Bush did the right thing by calling for an end to the ads, though, and I know some will argue it came too late. But it was fun while it lasted.

Kbob said:
Of course, if anybody is keeping score, it is $62,000,000 vs $500,000. SO of course they want it stop. They already blew their wad.

I love it because Bush can take the high road and ask them to stop but he knows we won't. We won't allow a fabricator (being nice) and enemy comforter (again being nice) from taking charge of this great Country.

We've only just begun!

Attack his anti-war stance
Attack his record as a politician
Let the people see who this guy really is.

Then outline the future for America and what we will continue to do to keep the Country on the right track at the convention.

I am very unhappy that Bush has come out asking for the end of the ads. ALL the ads on both sides I might add. The liberals will never comply. They say one thing and always do another. They remind me Al-Sadir in so many ways. So I am not in favor of it. All is fair in love and war. I want to see conservative action PACs spend $62 mil and then we can call a truce if that is what everybody wants. The libs can attack Bush unrelentlessly for 6 months and now they want a truce. How laughable. Sorry, you started the fight, we're going to finish it.

Every type of media in this country is trying to discredit these guys and they are still standing tall. I have to take my hats off to them. Keep up the good fight for all of us that are drowned out by the liberal elite media.

Last edited by a moderator:
What else needs to be said. Is Kerry going to stop these ads? Don't bet your life on it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Celebs Aiding Anti-Bush Web Campaign

[font=Verdana,Sans-serif]email_this_page_sm.gif[font=Verdana,Sans-Serif]Email this Story[/font]

Aug 23, 3:44 PM (ET)

By BETH FOUHY

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - "Bourne Supremacy" star Matt Damon, "Lost in Translation" actress Scarlett Johansson and other celebrity artists are donating their talents - not just their cash - to an online effort to unseat President Bush.

The Internet political group MoveOn.org on Tuesday premieres 10 new anti-Bush ads created by award-winning directors and starring popular Hollywood actors. An independent group not connected directly to Democratic candidate John Kerry, MoveOn has promised an unconventional approach to the election.

"It makes a real difference when performers and visual artists can use their talent as an attraction," said Marty Kaplan, a scholar of politics and pop culture at the University of Southern California. "MoveOn's campaign is a clever way of leveraging star power to get people to pay attention to the message in the ad."

MoveOn showed its populist appeal with a "Bush in 30 Seconds" contest that generated hundreds of online anti-Bush ads, then spent millions airing the winning ad. With the latest ad campaign, it's stepping up to a new level of sophistication.

John Sayles, the writer-director of "Sunshine State" and "Eight Men Out," teams with actor Martin Sheen for one ad. Doug Liman, who directed "Swingers" and "The Bourne Identity," reunites with Damon for another MoveOn spot.

Rob Reiner, the director of "When Harry Met Sally" and "The American President," uses Bush's own words to form the core of his 30-second ad. They come from an April news conference in which Bush struggled to answer whether he'd made mistakes as president.

Despite their star wattage, some of the ads may never get airtime. While MoveOn spokeswoman Laura Dawn said the group has committed to a "sizable" national cable buy for its first ad, the rest may simply remain on the Internet as a motivator for MoveOn members. "Whether they go on TV or not depends on how they are tested (with voters)," Dawn said.

[/font]

I honestly don't know what to think about actors and entertainers in general getting actively involved in politics. On one hand, maybe they should be applauded for taking a stand. And on the other, they alienate themselves from half their audience. But either way, it's the very rich using their influence which is a very bad thing according to some. I for one hope they continue doing their best. They can have Rob Reiner and Michael Moorer and Barbra Streisand and Sean Penn. They're all a joke to me. There are very few openly conservative people in Hollywood because of the ridicule and scrutiny they receive. That's the way it goes.

Its also hard for an entertainer to dissociate themselves from their characters. In some cases the portrait they paint as a character is probably a lot less serious and informed as their person.

I agree with the "chips fall where they may" ideal. IF that were to be the premise under which kerry would sign the 180 i would agree. But to be honest, i would not sign it either. Assuming kerry is hiding something when he refuses to sign a obviously biased document does not make him a criminal. He knows that his war record is going to be scrutinized down to the very sentince structure, which he probably barely remembers anyway. If i were kerry the only terms i would sign that form were under complete cooperation. EVERYONE involved signs forms to have EVERY aspect of their life scrutized by a third party independant source. who is going to be the first one to get his war records will determine whether or not kerry will get a good or bad reaction. He will not have time to respond because he will be bombarded by all the accusations or praise.

When there is this much pressure on the watergates, by the time they are removed they are going to take down a lot of cities.

Also agree that a politicians life should be made no less than public, but there is a difference between what people want to hear and what people need to hear. Its seems that the hangman is already preparing the noose.

Im glad to see more opinions in here. I think we were starting to get tired of each other.

Members online

No members online now.
Back