Supercoupe Performnace!!!!

Maybe if you had some crazy motor in there. My friend has a supercharged 98 and has the stock coils and can beat a new Camaro SS. Not worth that kind of cash in my opinion.

what brand of coils does he use and where did he get them at. I dont wanna put cheap stuff in the car i want something good quality

What is your take on supercoupe performance anything worth purchasing?

I have the subframe support kits on mine. It is a good addition for the Mark, firms up the body in general.

Some people on here have had some issues with lenthy back order dates. Think he subs out the work for some of his items like the braces.
I find his site still useful for the Mark and check it often.

I found a complete set of OEM coils on EBay for $80

The only brand I KNOW to stay away from is Accel

And my braces were back ordered all day..until I finished making them :)

lol @ ultimatesvt i checked around different websites and sources the sultan coils are legit and the pricing is 299.00 so at 289.00 is the cheapest i have seen. I was just wondering if anybody has had experience with them. What ignition coils do you use and where did you buy them from?

Motorcraft coils will get you down the track just as fast as any other coil.

Better off buyin a tuner for that kinda money

What is your take on supercoupe performance anything worth purchasing?

If you have the coin, SCP is the only place that has the rights to the Kooks headers for our cars. So unless you are going to fabricate something yourself, SCP is the place to go for aftermarket headers.

I will say also that his chip tunes are not that bad either. I thought at one point that the tune sucked but I worked with his tuner Dave Dalke and was able to get my car to run a 13.59 on a bolt-on Mark VIII with his chip tuning. Most if not all Mark8s in the 13s naturally aspirated are running dyno tunes and handheld programmers for adjustability and I was able to run that time on just a mail order tune. Before I was dyno-tuned and we did a baseline pull, the car was making 250rwhp on just the chip tune alone with bolt-ons and the A/F ratios were spot on at 13.0 the whole pull. So considering there is always some guesswork involved with mail-order tuning, the results I had were pretty good. There was another member that used to come here that ran 13s naturally aspirated with a Cobra intake and bolt-ons and he had the full dyno tune done and put down 242rwhp. So I was essentially making more power than him on just a chip tune. :D

@kstromberg whats is your take on the comment i made above about the ignition coils?

@kstromberg whats is your take on the comment i made above about the ignition coils?

For that small difference in price, I would get the Motorcraft coils hands down. I plan to freshen mine up this spring and do valve cover gaskets, but I can tell you that at over 155,000 miles, 7 out of my 8 coils are the original Motorcraft coils that were on this car when it was born. You might be able to beat the price with non-OEM coils but I'm willing to bet that more times than not, you won't get the the same life expectancy.

LMAO about aftermarket capacitive discharge coils, GIMMICK!!!! My buddy runs an outlaw 10.5 tire car with a 391 inch small block ford making 2500hp on what coils? STOCK GM Ls1 coils. Put your money elsewhere.

LMAO about aftermarket capacitive discharge coils, GIMMICK!!!! My buddy runs an outlaw 10.5 tire car with a 391 inch small block ford making 2500hp on what coils? STOCK GM Ls1 coils. Put your money elsewhere.

I run a stock MAF also. Not a megameter. :p

I will say also that his chip tunes are not that bad either. I thought at one point that the tune sucked but I worked with his tuner Dave Dalke and was able to get my car to run a 13.59 on a bolt-on Mark VIII with his chip tuning.

I did not know Dave did Mark VIII tunes nor did I know that Bill @ SCP used Dave Dalke as his source.

I know Dave from running with the SC gang at the SC Shootout over the past few years. I know he is a highly regarded tuner/builder in the SuperCoupe crowd. ;)

I did not know Dave did Mark VIII tunes nor did I know that Bill @ SCP used Dave Dalke as his source.

I know Dave from running with the SC gang at the SC Shootout over the past few years. I know he is a highly regarded tuner/builder in the SuperCoupe crowd. ;)

That's what I have heard also. It makes me wonder what I wouldve ran had I been at 7000rpm shifts on his tune. I bet I wouldve been even quicker yet on his chip.

He did the initial road-tuning on my car right after I finished the engine swap back in 2005. He rode shotgun on the car's maiden voyage (from my place to Neibert's), datalogging and telling me when to go WOT. :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back