Supercharging 98 Mark VIII LSC

Can I use my stock fuel rail with the c head swap with the 98 cobra upper intake with a mach 1 lower intake. Thanks in advance.

If you use the mach 1 lower (c head) the upper intake will have to be widened.
The fuel rail attaches a little differently but the injector ports should line up, the fuel line crossover may need to be longer also.
I think that's how it went... I know you have to widen the hat for a 5.4 but you may be able to find a adaptor plate.

I already purchased the last adapter plate from the guy from the svt forum. So I just need to slightly modify my stock fuel rails, cool. I almost purchased a ported and polished lower mach 1 intake but I don't think it will work well in a supercharged application. I was wondering are the cobra and mach 1 intakes for c heads during 99-04 are the same. They look identical.

The early cobra C intakes had flow problems that ford had to fix. I'd buy a mach1 lower and never have to worry.

I've purchased more than a few sets of heads used, always in person for what it's worth.
Red monster has those heads for sale over on svt, i don't know him personally but he's been around for quite some time and took his time with his build.
If I needed them I wouldn't feel bad about that deal, retainers/springs and cams are pretty much the asking price of the heads.
I know what driller is saying, if you get burned on a deal with ma part like heads it's not just the money.. It's time and more money.

I've purchased more than a few sets of heads used, always in person for what it's worth.
Red monster has those heads for sale over on svt, i don't know him personally but he's been around for quite some time and took his time with his build.
If I needed them I wouldn't feel bad about that deal, retainers/springs and cams are pretty much the asking price of the heads.
I know what driller is saying, if you get burned on a deal with ma part like heads it's not just the money.. It's time and more money.

I asked the guy numerous questions and he told me the heads are like new with only 1200 miles. I already paid for them so I just have to hope the guy is a honest salesman. Just another piece of the puzzle. I still need a few more parts and my engine will be complete. I picked up a ported and polished 1999 mach 1 lower intake and a 2001 cobra ported and polished upper intake. I still need a bunch of drive train parts but it's coming along. I need to get my newly acquired white mark viii aka the white ghost situated also. Thanks for all the input and the help.

I picked up these parts over the weekend. Transmission is good to 900hp and the heads are one of a kind. Money well spent. I am a couple steps closer now and I can finally see the light. Now I need to hunt down a ysi trim to go with this instead of the v2 Sq trim I was previously going to run. Here are the ads to get some more info on the heads and transmission.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...uilt-FR500-heads-w-cams-Ported-by-Roush-Yates

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...R70W-with-Yank-converter-and-other-swap-parts

20140601_233206.jpg

20140601_233716.jpg

20140601_234826.jpg

Yup he sure did and everything looks top notch. I'm probably going to take a break on buying parts for a while actually. The warden (my girlfriend) has put a hold on everything as of right now. I should resume in a few months hopefully. Oh well. Hopefully I sneak a ysi trim in before the summer ends. :)

Kooks headers have arrived and I also picked up a traction lock from the great 97MarkJA. Thanks a ton.

20140602_180802.jpg

Well I thought since I have a forged engine block and some killer ported heads I might as well upgrade the supercharger head unit. A vortech V-7 YSI blower should be awesome on this setup. The parts pile is going too need a bigger room soon lol.

20140612_220751.jpg

20140612_220805.jpg

I thought since I was going to add all this power I should start doing the brakes. Baer 6 piston calipers should get the job done.

20140906_151404.jpg

Hate to drag up an old thread but I don't see any other threads related to this project. What happened? I am beginning a vortech project myself and interested in yours went... This project is too cool to not have closure.

Screenshot_20160909-125958.jpg

Ordered some tires. Nittos. 255/45-18 invo for the front and 285/40-18 nt05r for the rear

Screenshot_20160909-125958.jpg

Members online

Back