Supercharger update.. Good news for me! :)

Thank god for knock sensors, Boost it whatever you want it will retard it or put it in limp. (To a point here folks)

I think you guys are catching this wrong.. when I start, I will be running less boost than quik.. then I will go up when I hit my dyno..

and im sure that you wont have any problems while your below his numbers, the question mark begins when you exceed those numbers.

Thank god for knock sensors, Boost it whatever you want it will retard it or put it in limp. (To a point here folks)

your putting a lot of faith into those sensors, may i point out that the same people who designed those sensors also designed the super reliable coils for the motor, the same car where the engine sensors can not guess the right cylinder when it misfires, and the same car that gets "tricked" into thinking that a coil problem is really a throttle body problem... yea i'm really sure that they got it right on the knock sensors.

^
I would never put all my trust into those sensors..

We'll see what I feel comfortable with when I'm on the dyno.. My cousin's friend owns a dyno and a ProCharged Chevelle.. So I'm sure he'll have some pointers for me also.. I also have a lot more research/learning to do..

5psi from an M90 and 5psi from a magnuson 2300 are on completely different terms.

False, its all about cylinder pressures. When that limit is reached, sh*t goes wrong.

Doesn't the connection-point for the gauge make the difference if there is one?

It doesn't matter where you measure vacuum/pressure, because its supposed to be a leak free closed system and constant no matter the location.

your putting a lot of faith into those sensors, yea i'm really sure that they got it right on the knock sensors.

Knock, EGT, and AFR tuning is all significant for boosted applications. I would recommend a Aeroforce Interceptor Scan Gauge, if they can be used on the LS (dont see why not), but you can set indicator limits on your parameters to alert you instantly to any issues.

Also, meth/water injection will help significantly on reducing knock, egts and cylinder temperatures. Worth every cent!

/end rant.

:lol:

Cam, haven't you used water/meth? Can that be used on the LS? That would be a definite possibility when I run higher boost..

UPDATE: Got most of my parts today.. They all line up which is a relief.. I just need to grind a bit away from the Jag adapters

Straight Methanol

:lol:

Cam, haven't you used water/meth? Can that be used on the LS? That would be a definite possibility when I run higher boost..

UPDATE: Got most of my parts today.. They all line up which is a relief.. I just need to grind a bit away from the Jag adapters

I used water and isopropanol back in the late '70s on my first turbo'd car. (I could buy it by the case for cheap at the time). But I had my first experience with methanol when I was about 14 years old and so, for a number of years, I've eschewed any water and run straight methanol, along with the nitrous oxide, when 'spraying'. The methanol makes a giant difference in the incoming charge temperature, and it also makes a large difference in power because of the ability to run VERY rich when using methanol as fuel.

It's the system I'm using in my '02 LS, and what I used to set the E/F CC record at Maxton.

KS

Hey Fast, best advice. Do a "mild" tune to workout the bugs. Every force induction job has some bugs somewhere to workout. Best to be safe then sorry. For 2 years, I drove my 3800sc(Eaton M90 for the less informed) swap on a mild tune. Worked all the bugs out first. Then, I stepped it up to a more aggressive tune. I am very happy with my swap. One of about 5 on the planet.

Everything will be mild and safe when I first get it going.. I mean, I NEED to take this thing ~350 miles so I don't want a harsh tune anyways.. I am still going to have the option for a bigger pulley for longer trips and whatnot.. Then have a tune set up for the smaller pulley..

As far as IAT, I don't think that will be a problem.. Plus, where I'm located, it doesn't get too hot up here.. WAIT, when does it even get warm? :lol:

Methanol is also 120 octane, plus just the H20 would "raise" your octane level as well. Plus, it's only on when you need it. There is many positives, but not necessary by any means. Just a little extra protection.

It's like adding spermicidal lube on your condom. haha.

Members online

No members online now.
Back