Supercharger update.. Good news for me! :)

FASTLLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So I've been harping on the machine shop for like 3 weeks now and they finally caved.. Parts will be waiting for me monday morning.. I'll pick them up after school.. I also sent an e-mail to the guy that is making my heat exchanger and intercoolers and he's got most of it assembled.. So by the end of next week, those should be in the mail..

If someone could recommend a good place on line for buying aluminum, I would appricaite it.. That's my only problem at the moment.. I work on it for about a half a hour a night; trying to find the cheapest place.. No one around stocks aluminum pipe and it's cheaper to source it off the internet..

So what this all means is that I hope to be able and get the supercharger sitting on top by the end of next week.. I'M STOKED!! :runaway::wrench:leghumper:burnout::hump:

Awesome. Great to see someone actually following through with a project!

You might find some universal inter cooler piping on e-bay... just a thought otherwise you will be looking at some $$.

I need schedule 40 pipe.. I might have to buy it from the cheapest place I have found so far.. Or buy it from the welder.. I thought I could buy a cheap conduit bender but they don't go up to the 1.66 size I need..

Really looking forward to a complete report regarding your install. How much boost are you aiming for? Talk to us as you go!

KS

I'm going to start off low with ~4 PSI with the 3.0 pulley then either a 2.6 or 2.7 when I hit the dyno.. And that will be when I come see you guys in June.. With a 2.6, I should be looking at ~9 PSI of boost.. I believe I will stick at that mark for awhile.. If I get the job I have an interview for tomorrow, I may throw more boost at it because I'll have the money to throw a new engine in if it blows..

no forged internals.

Theres no way in hell the engine will take 10+ psi and over 5 is pushing it. just be careful man.

Nice man! Looks like you are going to beat me.

no forged internals.

Theres no way in hell the engine will take 10+ psi and over 5 is pushing it. just be careful man.

STFU! How else are we supposed to know what the limit is, unless somebody pushes it.. hahaha! :D

STFU! How else are we supposed to know what the limit is, unless somebody pushes it.. hahaha! :D

:blah: :lol:

I have a fair amount of knowledge about vehicles and how they work.. I have a number in my head on what is the border.. With the compression ratio, even if the bottom end could take it, the top end probably couldn't without being beefed..

What's wrong with this??

Better price here..

https://www.speedymetals.com/pc-4436-8370-1-14-sch-40-pipe-6061-t6-aluminum-extruded.aspx

Just seeing if anyone knew of a place were it was cheaper.. But that's pretty damn cheap..

:blah: :lol:

I have a fair amount of knowledge about vehicles and how they work.. I have a number in my head on what is the border.. With the compression ratio, even if the bottom end could take it, the top end probably couldn't without being beefed..

Better price here..

https://www.speedymetals.com/pc-4436-8370-1-14-sch-40-pipe-6061-t6-aluminum-extruded.aspx

Just seeing if anyone knew of a place were it was cheaper.. But that's pretty damn cheap..

That is pretty damn cheap.. :p

..Didn't say you didn't have a fair amount of knowledge. Just saying, somebody has to get it all the way... ;) I am also not sure how you figure that the top end would be the weak link, but that's alright.

With the compression ratio, even if the bottom end could take it, the top end probably couldn't without being beefed..

I am also not sure how you figure that the top end would be the weak link, but that's alright.

Lol.. I wouldn't mind it if I had a real good job..

I said "If the bottom end could take it, the top end probably couldn't".. I would agree that it would be more likely for the bottom end to go first..

That is pretty damn cheap.. :p

..Didn't say you didn't have a fair amount of knowledge. Just saying, somebody has to get it all the way... ;) I am also not sure how you figure that the top end would be the weak link, but that's alright.

As said quick LS was the test mule and has already proved how far the engine can be pushed.

What we dont know is how far the gen II engine can be pushed.

Members online

Back