Supercharged Ls V8

Mine is off a 90 tbird but quick ls is the real man here. Its the eaton m90 supercharger. Without him I wouldnt have this thing sitting on my livingroom floor.

Of Quik's car. It's the same video that's been posted in this thread already. Just search YouTube for "Lincoln LS super charged".

Sorry, I haven't been following his progress and just happened to come across it earlier.

Sorry guys - I've been off this board for a while. Good to see Rocket getting the turbo up and off the ground.

My car is fine - a few other board members have been in the pasenger seat a few times - the car is mean and loud...

I've taken to a few car shows and auto-crossed it a few times now... and won ;) - but - a tech protest has me offically 'reclassed' out of Street Prepared E - to Street Modified.... which means I am now going to compete with some very purposed built race cars.... ;(

So - I decided to work harder on the LS. Since it is my daily driver, I bought a second car to get me to and from work. I bought a 89 Lotus Esprit SE - spent the last month sorting that out (catching it up on the various maintenance items) - so I can drive that now daily and can have the LS apart for longer - and not taking the wife's car if the weekend project takes longer than a weekend.

I have several open projects - the LSD, trannie, the ported heads, .... finish the tuning on the supercharger. I've had it on the dyno a few times - we have pushed past where the N2O was getting the LS so things are looking good.

There is more in it - I need to get Torrie up to Austin and help finish it - let a 'pro' polish up my rough tuning. I have a larger set of injectors and smaller blower pulley ready....

My job has 'calmed down' a little - meaning I should have a quite December (no traveling except for family Christmas) so I should be moving the needle more with a second car and some time on my hands.

Any interest in another Austin area get together? maybe a dyno day?

BTW: I believe we are buying a video camera for christmas - so I'll post up a video for those who can't come see and ride in it.

I have several open projects - the LSD, trannie, the ported heads, .... finish the tuning on the supercharger. I've had it on the dyno a few times - we have pushed past where the N2O was getting the LS so things are looking good.

It is good to hear that you pushed past my old nitrous numbers. What power did it make and at what boost pressure?

The local car club had a 'dyno day' where one of the members was opening a new shop - so I took both cars 3 passes each:

Lincoln LS:
352.12/371.73
350.89/367.30
347.32/362.46

Lotus Esprit SE
275.21/277.45
278.13/279.41
281.65/284.02

I can't explain why the LS numbers fell off (maybe heat?) but the Lotus got better....

There is more in the LS - my A/F is stilll too fat - since there were 50 cars waiting we were not allowed to do any tuning...

The numbers on the Lotus are pretty good - for a 4banger (weighs 2487lbs)

Rocket - where are you heading for boost levels? (someone has to go too far so the rest of us know where to stop....).

I'm likely getting close to the spin limit of my M90.

Have you thought about upgrading to the MPIII or MPX?

I can't remember, are you using the 89-93 blower or the 94/95?

Sure - there are lots of options - thats the good thing. I am on the SuperCoupe Club of America (SCCoA.com) and those t-birds have been doing lots with the setup.

The 'real' issue is how much can we cram down it before a problem....

I hope someone else can find the limit before I do ;)

Sure - there are lots of options - thats the good thing. I am on the SuperCoupe Club of America (SCCoA.com) and those t-birds have been doing lots with the setup.

The 'real' issue is how much can we cram down it before a problem....

I hope someone else can find the limit before I do ;)

Yup, I'm on SCCoA too, one of the few doing an M112 swap, heh.

You are putting down some nice numbers, keep up the good work. ;)

Lincoln LS:
352.12/371.73
350.89/367.30
347.32/362.46

Lotus Esprit SE
275.21/277.45
278.13/279.41
281.65/284.02

Rocket - where are you heading for boost levels? (someone has to go too far so the rest of us know where to stop....).

F*ing A on the numbers, so glad to see 350 rwhp. Sounds like you'd rather it be him that pushes too far. Ha, hell, if you guys want to SC/TC mine, I'll let you blow the motor. Then us Sixers would know anyway.

Last edited:
The local car club had a 'dyno day' where one of the members was opening a new shop - so I took both cars 3 passes each:

Lincoln LS:
352.12/371.73
350.89/367.30
347.32/362.46

Lotus Esprit SE
275.21/277.45
278.13/279.41
281.65/284.02

I can't explain why the LS numbers fell off (maybe heat?) but the Lotus got better....

There is more in the LS - my A/F is stilll too fat - since there were 50 cars waiting we were not allowed to do any tuning...

The numbers on the Lotus are pretty good - for a 4banger (weighs 2487lbs)

I'm likely getting close to the spin limit of my M90.

Nice deal on the numbers, man!! That's pushing almost as much as my old '87 LSC (394/380)!! Awesome!!

:Beer

350rwhp is pretty good. What were you running for boost? About 9lbs+ or so? I would assume it has to be at least around there due to the power and also your statement about maxxing the blower out; or were you running meth injection.

For the third time how much boost did you run on those pulls Lou? I am sure your future customers will want to know at what boost pressure those results were made; as well as any other mods in the combination (aka headwork, meth injection, alky injection, so on) besides the supercharger system itself.

BTW, in answer to your question posted for me above. I plan to run 4-5 psi on the street and 6-7 with the turbo at the track depending on how far I deem is reasonably safe on this motor.

Members online

No members online now.
Back