Super Ls

interesting... Dunno about the 20s in the rear and 18s up front. lol awkward stance.

the real question is - if this was built in 2000 - before SCT - how did they tune it?

the install looks real, so how did they add the larger fuel injectors, ...etc?

I knew about this car in 2000. I was in a car club out of Sterling Heights Michigan and this girl who was in it with us. Her dad was part of a project team if i'm not mistaken they even called it Super LS. She told me Super charged, new brake system 13" rotors and etc. I never saw the car, but she told me later they cancelled the project due to projected costs.

Just interesting seeing now

Nice looking LS. Interested to know more about it.

First time I have seen a Black LS with the Razzi kit. Not bad.

Besides the wheels and spoiler, I would take it!

$8700 sounds like a great price considering I just sold my 02 with 85k miles for $6700.

Maybe they never tuned it at all. It kinda looks like a charger off a Cobra or lightning. Not sure of the make of that one and the 18's and 20's do look bad.

I would have trouble trusting a build like that from someone I didn't know. And they should put 18's all around.

well - it's cool if it works - and a deal. it certainly does not look like a SEMA level build. I have been involved in a few, and been to SEMA many times - it's always the best-of-the-best

i like it, i wondered what a ls would would like with bigger rims in the back, yea not my cup-o-tea. maybe 19s in the front with 20s in the back and a staggered offset so its not such a drasctic size diffrence. not a big fan of the body kit but it look decent in black.

There was no mention in the ad about Intercooling.

Lou, what do you think about that? How much boost can you run on the 3.9 without cooling the charge?

That LS might be great for a show like SEMA, but in the real world I don't know how long that motor would last. Like the ad said... "the car has never been raced or thrashed. All 23,000+ miles have been driven sanely".

A few hard pulls and it could all go boom.

it does not look like any intercooling from the pics - looks like the SC is just bolted to the custom intake manifold. as a rough number - for every PSI you squeeze the air it will raise it's temperature about 18 degrees. So at 5psi - you add 90degrees to whatever the outside temp is - and in Texas it's 105 now...

Most OE application of SCs run about 5psi without intercooling, and add it at 7psi - since it's alot of work and cost to add.

It said a 35% HP gain which would be in the neighborhood of something like 70 HP, don't quote me I just guessed at his one. So the boost is most likely running around 4 PSI. Again guessing at the look of the charger. I have nothing to back any of this up though. Quik how much boost are you running? And wonder which pulleys they are using on that LS as far as the size.

that set-up sure does not look like something that would go to sema, or built by anyone connected to ford. the welds on the throttlebody adapter, the worm clamps on the silicone couplers, the water neck, just the overall rigged look to it all

It would be nice to see a belt on the supercharger!
That's what I thought when I first glanced at the picture, but the belt is there. It comes up on the passenger side of the blower's pulley, goes around it, then back down the same side; the back side of the belt rides on the passenger side of the idler pulley.

I can't believe they used the stock plastic tube going over to the air filter on the intake. I sure hope they don't still have the stock filter box and filter. More pictures of the engine bay are needed. But I will agree it definitely doesn't look SEMA. Unless they left the hood shut.

I like the way it looks, although I would have gone with 19's in the rear and 18's up front (if not all the way around :D ). I remember seeing somewhere a ford 3.9 on an engine stand with a SC like that on it. This was years ago on a different forum (LLSOC I believe) I wonder if this is the end result.

Members online

No members online now.
Back