Starts then dies

thanks hoping for input on fuel presure issue also $ for aic 94 or 35 motorcraft or replacement how important is brand name and what did you get

mine has been dieing same conditions priced a pump at 260 + tax bosc fuel preasure at 10 when it has trbl starting and shld be 60 i'm told and it will sit and build up again this all found when being smoked for evap leak p171 p174 i believe were the codes the kept telling me the o2 sensors are gone everywhere i brought it but still going with jamies advice and most others that it is a evap leak just having a hard time finding it the old fashion way with starter fluid will pay 45 for smoke waiting on connection problem no garage up north here but sounds like i could give a shot on rust or ground since every other time ithas been ground issue or rust coausing me trbl please advise anyone do appreciated help thanks all 1998 MKVIII LSC
Jebus farging chris! Are you related to lincolnboy? Thats the biggest pile of mish mashed crap I ever saw on here. Did you even try to make that legible?

i would check AIC it might be as simple as that my .02

Dyslexic much? :lol: Its IAC, Idle Air Controller. Welcome to the site.

Well got the car home but have not had time to mess with it I need to get a new jack as mine is to tall to go under it after i did the coil swap:( hopefully tomorrow after i get home and if we don't have 2 ft of snow I can work on it. If i don't have to go through 12 pages of noobs mucking this thread up I can get back with the results. :mad:

Just stopped by to say hi! It's snowing here and I think clouds are pretty. Oh Happy Day :)

mine has been dieing same conditions priced a pump at 260 + tax bosc fuel preasure at 10 when it has trbl starting and shld be 60 i'm told and it will sit and build up again this all found when being smoked for evap leak p171 p174 i believe were the codes the kept telling me the o2 sensors are gone everywhere i brought it but still going with jamies advice and most others that it is a evap leak just having a hard time finding it the old fashion way with starter fluid will pay 45 for smoke waiting on connection problem no garage up north here but sounds like i could give a shot on rust or ground since every other time ithas been ground issue or rust coausing me trbl please advise anyone do appreciated help thanks all 1998 MKVIII LSC

GOT DAMN! Next to the (M) there is a comma and next to that there is a period key. Use that sh!t.

Next, click this link below and maybe try again to describe your problem and make the description so easy, even a caveman can read it.

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=6

KD, you can lift it some from the diff, then brace the frame and move jack to a better lift point, I lift by the body mounts and put the stands under the lca. I have ramp jacks now which makes jobs like this cake. Good luck dude I hope you find the issue, I think you have all the bases hit :) now just find out who's right

my jack is for a large 4X4 there was no room before I converted to get it under the car I needed to lift on the car to even slide it under to the pumpkin. Now that's out of the question. When I had my lifted truck I needed a taller jack to reach it, now I need my low profile jack that I sold to get the larger one.

You probably have an Autozone around there, go borrow their fuel pressure test kit before you mess with anything else. Half the employees won't know they have one. I don't remember the part number off hand, but it's made by Actron and comes in a plastic case about the size of a briefcase. It's about $200, which is of course refunded when you return it.

Or you can buy one from Sears for about 50, and don't you have the factory jack with the spare?

Or you can buy one from Sears for about 50, and don't you have the factory jack with the spare?

I do not have the factory jack, I do however live a few doors down from webvette and he is graciously said I can use his jack. Once this blizzard lets up I'll get the car in the garage and get it fixed. The wifes jeep is in there right now as it's only 10 out with wind chills around -20, with her being pregnant and due any day its smarter to leave her truck in the garage where it is warm and clear from snow and ice just in case we need to go to the hospital.:)

Members online

No members online now.
Back