Stainless Steel Rear Shock Mounts and Poly Bushings

98lincmk7lsc

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Alright guys, it's finally that time again. I'm putting together a run of 10 sets (update: I've already changed the order to 15, and I'm thinking of possibly changing the order to 20) of these. Depending on how quickly they sell, I might think about doing another run of them shortly thereafter.

A picture of a previous run. This run will include black poly bushings instead of red...
IMG_1643.JPG

For those that don't know, these shock mounts provide a way to mount aftermarket Thunderbird/Cobra rear shocks to our Mark VIII's. They also give you a means of replacing the OEM shock mounts that are prone to failure due to the rubber bushing failing prematurely. If you're hearing a clunk in the rear of your car every time you go over a bump, chances are, you need these!

With these mounts, the aftermarket options available to you are tremendous. There are quite a few companies that provide shock options for the Thunderbirds or Cobras, that you'll now be able to use on your Mark VIII. These options range from cheap ($30) OEM-style ride (such as Monroe Sensa-tracs), to the higher-priced and better performing adjustable Koni's.

I'm looking at having these available by the end of the month, but only if I can get 5 pre-paid orders by the end of the week. The longer it takes to get the pre-paids, the longer it'll take for me to get them... I'm offering a pre-paid discount of $60 shipped for the first 5. After that, the price will be $66 shipped. The price has gone up slightly since I can no longer get scrap pieces of 1/4" stainless steel for free.

The list of people who have pre-paid at the discounted rate so far:

1. Pengun
2. Hang the Expense
3. Markviiiedrea
4. 97MarkJA
5. Driller

Additional members at the full $66 price:
6. LSC HUNTER
7. Tbirddmnd (LOD)
8. Jeremi
9. Jeremi
10. Epwillis
11. SERGMARK
12. SERGMARK

So, who's in???

IMG_1643.JPG

My car already has a set of these, but I don't have the right bushings. Any way I can get a set of those? I have the large diameter shock studs.

Bump for a great product!

My car already has a set of these, but I don't have the right bushings. Any way I can get a set of those? I have the large diameter shock studs.

Bump for a great product!
Are yours 1/4" thick stainless steel? If not then I can't help you. My shock mounts are specifically machined to accommodate the Energy Suspension poly bushings that you see above. Any others bought from other sources are not, and won't work correctly.

Let me know, and I'll see what I can do.

Alright guys, it's finally that time again. I'm putting together a run of 10 sets of these. Depending on how quickly they sell, I might think about doing another run of them shortly thereafter.

A picture of a previous run. This run will include black poly bushings instead of red...
View attachment 828461952

For those that don't know, these shock mounts provide a way to mount aftermarket Thunderbird/Cobra rear shocks to our Mark VIII's. They also give you a means of replacing the OEM shock mounts that are prone to failure due to the rubber bushing failing prematurely. If you're hearing a clunk in the rear of your car every time you go over a bump, chances are, you need these!

With these mounts, the aftermarket options available to you are tremendous. There are quite a few companies that provide shock options for the Thunderbirds or Cobras, that you'll now be able to use on your Mark VIII. These options range from cheap ($30) OEM-style ride (such as Monroe Sensa-tracs), to the higher-priced and better performing adjustable Koni's.

I'm looking at having these available by the end of the month, but only if I can get 5 pre-paid orders by the end of the week. The longer it takes to get the pre-paids, the longer it'll take for me to get them... I'm offering a pre-paid discount of $60 shipped for the first 5. After that, the price will be $66 shipped. The price has gone up slightly since I can no longer get scrap pieces of 1/4" stainless steel for free.

1. Pengun
2. Hang the Expense
3. wickedwhiteVIII (expecting payment today)

So, who's in???

I will take a set.
I didn't see a Paypal listed.

Are yours 1/4" thick stainless steel? If not then I can't help you. My shock mounts are specifically machined to accommodate the Energy Suspension poly bushings that you see above. Any others bought from other sources are not, and won't work correctly.

Let me know, and I'll see what I can do.

They appear to be exactly the same. They look as though they are 1/4". I just know that the bushings that came with the shocks are not large enough diameter and don't sit correctly.

They appear to be exactly the same. They look as though they are 1/4". I just know that the bushings that came with the shocks are not large enough diameter and don't sit correctly.

Can you send me a picture of them?

Better yet, would be if you could remove one of them and measure the inner diameter of the center hole. That would tell me if/how I could help you out...

Come on folks get on the bus. You will need these eventually if you do not now. The available stock ones are junk.

I will take a set.
I didn't see a Paypal listed.

Sent another PM.

I can only keep your name on the list for a little while longer.

Wickedwhiteviii was removed from the list for the time being. I was told to expect payment Wednesday but haven't heard back from him yet.

Sorry guys. I want to get this done as soon as possible and don't want to possibly keep someone else from getting in on it, who might have cash in hand. :(

Alright guys, we've got 4 right now.

I just need one more, and we can get this started.

I've got a sample plate and washer on the way. Hopefully, we'll have the 5 pre-paids and I can give him the go-ahead and soon as I get the samples...

Up to 8 now. I think I might need to make a larger order, more like 15 or 20 sets...

I want to be able to have some stock left over for the random people that PM me about these throughout the year. Guess I need to go back to the calculator...

Bumped for the updated list in the first post.

We're at 12 sets pre-paid. I already changed the order on Friday to 15 sets, but I think I'm going to change it again to 20. I didn't anticipate such an awesome response! Thanks guys!

New updated list:

1. Pengun
2. Hang the Expense
3. Markviiiedrea
4. 97MarkJA
5. Driller

Additional members at the full $66 price:
6. LSC HUNTER
7. Tbirddmnd (LOD)
8. Jeremi
9. Jeremi
10. Epwillis
11. SERGMARK
12. SERGMARK
13. OchoMarko

Samples came in last night....sitting next to one of the originals.

Everything was good except for the O.D. of the washer. Once that's straightened out, I'll be completing the order! Can't wait!

photo.jpg

photo.jpg

It's still looking like sometime around the end of the month.

One of the stipulations of getting a better deal (read: better end price) on the waterjetting, was that he was allowed to work on them on "his" time. Basically, he's cutting these for me as a side job, rather than through the shop.

That being said, I got an email from him a few days ago saying that they he had finished the washers, would be starting the flange plates Thursday or Friday. I expect to have them sometime next week. Once I get them, I have to weld the bolts to the flange plates, and then they'll be ready to send out.

A couple days ago, I received the nuts, bolts, washers, and 20 sets of poly bushings. Everything's coming together. I'll let you guys know as I know.

Hey Jay,

Still have any available? Would love to put these on my Mark VIII! with new shocks :) Thanks!

Yep, so far there's been 13 pre-paid out of 20 sets I have in the works.

The price is $66 shipped, but if you come pick them up, it's just $60. And of course, I'll help you install them if you come and get them.

The waterjetter told me a couple days ago that he's sending what he has done so far. I'm not sure how many that will be, but I'll find out soon.

Members online

Back