Someone was busy this weekend!

Twisties never got my blood pumping. I need alittle more excitement than just going around corners. You get that same suspension feeling when drag racing too just front to back and not side to side. No feeling like going from 0 to 140 in under 10 seconds. Plus you can pay for the bike by racing it, if your good that is.

Just going arround corners. 10 seconds of fun and you only get to go 140 in a straight line, thats about as exciteing as bowling.

I need to do the same thing! I need some jacks like that...I might get a pack of 4. What kind of jacks are those?

Im stationed in Clarksville, TN at Fort Campbell...it's really cold here, and I don't have a job lol...looks like im going to have to purchase a pair of cold weather dickie jump suits to do my chores outside.

Sorry for the delay been away from a computer for awhile. The front jack stands are mine and they are Craftman the rear ones are my buddies and the are ac delco I think. And to "elaborate" It was a Sunday not all weekend. I did all four rotors and brake pads, rotated the tires, changed the oil and watched football. The car really needed the work. I am just surprised no one asked about the random concrete stepping stone under the car. That would be what I used to raise the car up enough to get my jack under since I lowered it:D.

I am just surprised no one asked about the random concrete stepping stone under the car. That would be what I used to raise the car up enough to get my jack under since I lowered it:D.

:lol: I had a spare 2x8 laying around. I cut it into four angle pieces. I use them. Drive the LS up. Gives me just enough clearage to get the floorjack under it.

Just going arround corners. 10 seconds of fun and you only get to go 140 in a straight line, thats about as exciteing as bowling.

I take it you have never made $3000 in under 10 seconds and that would be why it's not as exciting to you. I mean 1 pass paid for almost half the bike. Sounds fun to me, but like I said you have to be good to really enjoy going in a straight line.

A few months ago I went to the strip for the first time ever. First run on the K5 was a lame 11.00 at 129mph after some coaching from my brother I ran a best 10.35 at 138mph ( 49 state 05 GSXR 1000, bolt on exhaust with brown and white wire clipped } Sure it might be fun to win 3 grand but I don't see the exciteing part of being one with the bike. Exciteing is going 70+ arround a turn with your knee jammed into the pavement that says 35mph. With over a hundred turns left in the next 20 miles, can I hit a buck 50 on that short straight, over 130 on that right sweeper, hit 180 past Mt Emma, were am I going to go if the CHP wants to play. Now thats Fun.

I hear ya, but hunker down on a seatless,lowered,strapped, 200hp busa...with a 12 over swingarm, and dump your clutch at 5g's and shift with a button. You spend the first 4 seconds trying to get your feet onto the rearsets, and the next 5-6 asking yourself if you are ready to die, and wondering how the 145mph air is making it under your helmet and flipping your eyelids inside out.....pair that with some tire spin, and the smell of turbo blue seeping from your fuel lid, and you have one hell of a 10 second rush. lol

I've done both.
both have made me pee a lil.
both are one hell of an adreneline rush.

imgaine running 7 second 1/4's....

I hear ya, but hunker down on a seatless,lowered,strapped, 200hp busa...with a 12 over swingarm, and dump your clutch at 5g's and shift with a button. You spend the first 4 seconds trying to get your feet onto the rearsets, and the next 5-6 asking yourself if you are ready to die, and wondering how the 145mph air is making it under your helmet and flipping your eyelids inside out.....pair that with some tire spin, and the smell of turbo blue seeping from your fuel lid, and you have one hell of a 10 second rush. lol

I've done both.
both have made me pee a lil.
both are one hell of an adreneline rush.

imgaine running 7 second 1/4's....

I have never went 7's in the quarter mile, but I have been on a 200+ horsepower busa and went over 200 mph on it (clocked at 204 by a cop friend). When you are making a pass that fast you don't bring both your feet up to the rearsets. It helps with balance and headshake at least with my experience. What a rush though.

Members online

No members online now.
Back