Someone was busy this weekend!

LS Gator

LVC Member
Reaction score
Took the time to do some much needed work to the LS.

014.jpg

ahhh i wish my garage wasn't cramped. That looks like some nice room to work in!

I wish I could just open the garage door like that without everything freezing solid!

I knew the LS has a 50/50 weight distribution front to rear...but I didn't know it has 50/50 side to side

so that's how you got it to balance on two jackstands

common sense would say that since the wheels are off and there is an extra rotor and brake pads in the picture that something was done to the brakes

Holy F captain obvious, just because there is a rotor and pad on the ground does not always mean thats what the OP set out to fix.

When someone says " someone was busy this weekend!" and the car is up on all 4 stands, and does not describe what they did, thats where the "elaborate" comes in.

weekend is usually 2 days and maybe a 3rd day if there is a holiday, hopefully it didn't take the weekend to do brakes!!!

hopefully it didn't take the weekend to do brakes!!!

Never overestimate one's capability. It took me 2 hours to change a tstat, and bleed the system. Of course, I did accidentally install the tstat upside down, causing a leak that wasn't noticed until everything was back together and I was refilling the coolant system. So really , I did the job TWICE in 2 hours. :p

lol it never goes as planned something always has to break while fixing something, especially with brakes lol. im just gunna replace this o man well thats bad too and so is... damn ima just replace everything.....

I-4 GSXRs are everywhere...even in my garage...but v-twin sportbikes..are pure sex

and spank? I'm not so sure about that...I had an rc-51 for a while, and its no slouch.

and spank? I'm not so sure about that...I had an rc-51 for a while, and its no slouch.

HahaHaha a rc51.. I spanked my brothers' rc51 with an old 900RR so I know all about them. My brother owns a motorcycle speed shop here so I also have plenty of experience on bikes. By the way, a TL will beat a RC51 and a newer GSXR 600 will crush a TL. V-twins are slow are sh!t but they are easier to sling side to side. I ride a bolt-on 06 GSXR 1000 running 9.70's all day long. I have a sauce setup for it sitting in the closet, but it's hard enough to get a race without it. Don't race for free :)

I'm not talking about drag racing...in fact, I wasn't even talking about the speed of the TLR. IMO its one of the most beautiful bikes ever built...its comfy, fast, sounds and looks great, all around sweet bike.

Its is a road course monster, not a drag bike. I see 6-7-10-20? who knows how many GSXR's everyday....while being very fast bikes, they are the "mustang" of sportbikes...if you never had one, then you knew someone who did....trust me, I'm not bashing, as I said, there is one parked in my garage too.

but the the TL.....you don't see those everyday.

I'm not talking about drag racing...in fact, I wasn't even talking about the speed of the TLR. IMO its one of the most beautiful bikes ever built...its comfy, fast, sounds and looks great, all around sweet bike.

Its is a road course monster, not a drag bike. I see 6-7-10-20? who knows how many GSXR's everyday....while being very fast bikes, they are the "mustang" of sportbikes...if you never had one, then you knew someone who did....trust me, I'm not bashing, as I said, there is one parked in my garage too.

but the the TL.....you don't see those everyday.

I have never been a big fan of the twisties. It's too easy to get hurt, going around a corner and hit some fluid then the bike slides out from under you. Tracks are better about not having fluid on the track, but you can still low-side or high-side at a track from the pressure of other riders. IMO TL's look like a junior hayabusa, which are some sweet looking and fast bikes. I agree about GSXRS are the mustang of motorcycles.

I have never been a big fan of the twisties. It's too easy to get hurt, going around a corner and hit some fluid then the bike slides out from under you. Tracks are better about not having fluid on the track, but you can still low-side or high-side at a track from the pressure of other riders. IMO TL's look like a junior hayabusa, which are some sweet looking and fast bikes. I agree about GSXRS are the mustang of motorcycles.

YouTube- TLR and a few R1s Sorry Gator din't mean to Jack your thread. I took this vid about 3 years ago when I could not ride all that well. The guys on the R1's have 30 more RWHP and are 30lbs lighter than my TLR. V-twins are not easier to flick side to side than I-4's. TLR's have a shorter wheel base than any GSXR 600 so they are prone to tank slappers and high sides. The TLR is considered by many to be one of the all time motorcycle failures a little bit like what people today think of the LS today. That is why I love it, tons of charecter. The LS and TLR are slow in a straight line by todays standard's but once you hit the twisties they can more than hold thier own. Smoking a few Honda's and Yamaha's is grand but beating a Beemer or 2 is Priceless.

twistys are why you get a motorcycle IMO. It is like downhill skiing (if you're good) getting in and out of the turns the flex of the skiis or the compression of the suspension throws you into position for the next turn. I love that feeling.:D

twistys are why you get a motorcycle IMO. It is like downhill skiing (if you're good) getting in and out of the turns the flex of the skiis or the compression of the suspension throws you into position for the next turn. I love that feeling.:D

Twisties never got my blood pumping. I need alittle more excitement than just going around corners. You get that same suspension feeling when drag racing too just front to back and not side to side. No feeling like going from 0 to 140 in under 10 seconds. Plus you can pay for the bike by racing it, if your good that is.

Members online

No members online now.
Back