Someone talk some sense into me...

cobrabird

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Finally got some money to convert to springs. My poor Mark has been sitting since September. In the mean time, I've had to borrow my brothers 2002 Mustang GT. Now he wants to sell it and has offered me first dibs. Obviously, I would be getting a GREAT price and a vehicle with alot of new parts on it (timing chain, trans, rear-end, brakes, etc.)

Only one problem..., it's a Mustang. Everybody has one! (meaning they're common) Sure the Mark VIII's have parts that are hard to find and can be a pain in the @$$, but you don't see one everyday.

Sure the Stang is fun and parts will always be easier to find, but the Mark is beauty in motion. Someone please tell me not to take the easy route and just fix my Mark!!!!!!!:confused::rolleyes::cool:

Buy a stang. You seem to be unsure since you havent fixed the Lincoln yet. I really havent drove my mark in a year n a half. But it aint sitting broke. Part it out .

Everybody has one!

I don't have one...

lol, anyway, I wouldn't listen to very much that lincolnboy says.

If I could swing it, I'd buy the Mustang AND keep the Mark. I love my Mark's, but wouldn't mind having a Mustang to play with too.

If I couldn't have both, though, I'd just fix up the Mark.

Ive never owned a stang. I did once own a 1990 mustang coupe. Light little car. The side mirror were just to tiny for me.

I've tried sitting in a GT and I'm too tall. (6'5") If you were as tall as me this would be an easy decision. :p

Two better than one , gotta have something to drive while the mark is down , ie gotta have something else to drive to go to the junk yard to search for parts ..or ya could put the 4 cam motor in the stang. I've thought about doing that .

buy a mustang and keep the mark, i have both!! 99 gt and 98 lsc! and i said no more black cars for me so i went and bought a black gt lol!

whatever you do dont go into debit. if you took the money you would spend on a car payment and put it into the mark for 4 years you would end up with one bad ass car and as cheap as they are maybe a second

Buy the 'Stang and fix the Mark. We've got both a '97 LSC and a '96 Cobra convertible. It's great. I love the Mark because it "fits" me. It's a big car and I'm a relatively big guy. I feel cramped in the Mustang. I love driving it, especially wide open on twisty country back roads, but it couldn't be my daily driver. It's just too small (for me). My wife, however, is substantially smaller than I and she fits perfectly in the 'Stang. Therefore, it's "her" car:D Anyway, get the 'Stang and fix up the Mark. You'll thank yourself later.

I need to find a bumper sticker for my Mark that reads "My other car
runs"

Buy the 'Stang and fix the Mark. We've got both a '97 LSC and a '96 Cobra convertible. It's great. I love the Mark because it "fits" me. It's a big car and I'm a relatively big guy. I feel cramped in the Mustang. I love driving it, especially wide open on twisty country back roads, but it couldn't be my daily driver. It's just too small (for me). My wife, however, is substantially smaller than I and she fits perfectly in the 'Stang. Therefore, it's "her" car:D Anyway, get the 'Stang and fix up the Mark. You'll thank yourself later.

Not to jack the thread but in my experience the new edge stangs have more room than the sn-95s. I currently own both, bought my cobra first then found out the mark had a similar engine and figured I would upgrade from my 94 cougar. I like the mark except for the rust and crappy headlights. The Cobra is my toy, fun to drive with the mods I have and I think looks pretty damn good even if it a Mustang.

I have often times thought about selling the mark and getting another bone stock sn-95 Cobra for a DD, since it has a 5spd and could potentially get 28-30mpgs for my commute. The wife wont let me though.

Not sure this helps but I am entitled to my opinion.

ive had 5.0's and a cobra fun cars. no reason you cant have 2 unless you go broke doing it. you obviosly like the mark just from keeping it. yes mustangs are a dime a dozen and that one is nothing special. if it ere a 03 or newer cobra or a built 80's 5.0 id say get it. put the $$ in the mark.

Not to jack the thread but in my experience the new edge stangs have more room than the sn-95s. I currently own both, bought my cobra first then found out the mark had a similar engine and figured I would upgrade from my 94 cougar. I like the mark except for the rust and crappy headlights. The Cobra is my toy, fun to drive with the mods I have and I think looks pretty damn good even if it a Mustang.

I have often times thought about selling the mark and getting another bone stock sn-95 Cobra for a DD, since it has a 5spd and could potentially get 28-30mpgs for my commute. The wife wont let me though.

Not sure this helps but I am entitled to my opinion.

By "new edge" I assume you mean the '99-'04 models, which were technically still on the SN95 platform. They have pretty much exactly the same interior as the '94-'98 models. My aunt has an '01 convertible and it has essentially the same interior as our '96. And my mom has an '08 S197 mustang convertible and it feels even smaller on the inside than our '96 Cobra. There is literally no legroom in the back of that car. I can actually sit in the back seat of ours.

You can convert the Mark to coils for under 400 bucks, or 200 maybe less if you go used.

Then its as reliable as the mustang, all day every day.

If you can swing both do it or put the money into your mark instead.

Mustangs are good cars. Owning, driving lots of both I prefer the mark but am looking for another vehicle to drive. If I wasnt having a baby i'd consider picking up a mustang.

Appreciate everyones comments. Looks like " keep the Mark" wins!!! Time to by some coils and shocks and put her back on the road. Even with the great deal on the Stang, that's still money that could be spent on the Mark. Plus... I had to trade in the Fusion ( GREAT car!!!) for a Ford Flex for the wife and kiddos! If only I could have afforded the Limited with the Ecoboost. SEL will have to do.

Anyway..., any suggestions for a GOOD set of lowering springs and some GOOD shocks???????

Just join the club of easy find parts. It's so nice knowing you can do something to your car. Not having to wonder if they still even know your car exist.

Mustangs a great! Aftermarket is rediculously plentiful and regardless of if everyone has one... you can still make it unique.

Also as far as new edge sn95's vs older sn95's its all in the seats and seat tracks. That's where the difference is

Having both is the way to go. :D

Recaros solved the headroom issue on my Cobra. :cool:

Recaro1.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back