Smoothing the trunk hump

thread-pic%20(20).jpg

Bill, I know you like modding your car but you should really get back into the furniture trend!! I hear it may be around awhile longer. :p

Caps lock doesnt make you sound any smarter, funnier, or make your opinion matter more.

God forbid anybody be different with their mark, I suppose.

Don't waste your time, many members have gave the cap lock lecture.
He just don't get it.

You can do what ever you want to your mark......just leave the hump alone! :p

It was me that photoshopped it. Here it is. I like it and I dont? I wouldn't do it personally.

That looks good!

Would also look OK with a very shallow hump that went from end to end. (basically a gentle arch to give the lid a little more shape, rather than it being flat like that and resembling the rear of an Infiniti J30/Ford Taurus/Mercury Sable)

Looks dumb... but Lincoln did a really good job smoothing it down already on the gen 2... do the same photoshop on a gen 1...

yes the difference between first and second gen is amazing, yet almost un noticable unless mentioned while side by side.

once you see/notice the difference though its very apparent

I don't know, I might have to eat my words (kind of) and say, that doesn't look bad. For the Gen 2.

The hump is traditional, and says ''hey everybody, this car is definately a lincoln" .. but, doesn't look bad without it, ... my opinion. Again (gen 2) -that would never fly on a gen 1, the tail lights would never cater to it.

I thought that was your photoshop Geno. Didn't remember it looking that good. Good job on the 'shop..

I don't know, I might have to eat my words (kind of) and say, that doesn't look bad. For the Gen 2.

The hump is traditional, and says ''hey everybody, this car is definately a lincoln" .. but, doesn't look bad without it, ... my opinion. Again (gen 2) -that would never fly on a gen 1, the tail lights would never cater to it.

I thought that was your photoshop Geno. Didn't remember it looking that good. Good job on the 'shop..

Thanks man. Like I said I don't hate it or like it really but it isn't awful either.
Gen 1 would look awful without it for sure.

hey Rusty? Whats the scoop on the 66? 325 or 375? More info!!!

haha

PO badged it as an SS back in the 80's when they built it. crate engine- 454 big block, 425/475 out of the crate. PO did that when the old 427 blew up. put on the L72 heads, dual 600cfm 4 barrels, mild cam. quite streetable- even gets 12mpg. backed by a M21 4 speed, 3.73 rear. bested 12.40's with the old 427, never been to the track with the 454.

going to be sad to see this one go, but a goat be callin my name

I hate to say it........... But I think it looks pretty good... Even better with a little spoiler maybe.
Yeah I agree, I kinda like it. When I first pictured it I was thinking a straight across chop. With it still being rounded it looks kinda nice.

Members online

No members online now.
Back