slammed the ls on eibachs...mods to follow...

djknowledge

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
car was dropped with the eibach springs with all new ls sport shocks new lower control arm and balljoints(which worked perfect by the way) moog sway bar links(front and rear), MOOG camber kit, and while they were down there installed the ho alternator i had.
Cost me $400 bucks...but it was for my baby so i dont mind...

plan on changin the upper control arms, painting and mounting my lse kit, color matching the rear, and redoing my entire sound system/alarm system(for real this time lol)

also thinkin of repainting the rims gunmetal and powder coating the calipers black with the lincoln logo like alax did

IMG00066-20100715-1823.jpg

IMG00070-20100716-1250.jpg

IMG00066-20100715-1823.jpg

IMG00069-20100716-1250.jpg

IMG00070-20100716-1250.jpg

Liking those rims with the drop ++ 100 painting the rims with the lse kit will make it look crazy! Nice job !

Looking good man!!

On that camber kit for the LS, I haven't seen one, what does that consist of and that is for just the front? How much?

I have my Eibachs as well and NEED (one day) to get them installed, but want all of the parts first of course.

Looking good man!!

On that camber kit for the LS, I haven't seen one, what does that consist of and that is for just the front? How much?

I have my Eibachs as well and NEED (one day) to get them installed, but want all of the parts first of course.

Does something else need to be done to the car in order to install the Eibachs?

About time you do something to your LS!

Looks great man. Im jealous

Car look great with those rims.Paint the rims, it would look sick oh and the caliper idea isn't bad either ;)

I would have to agree with everyone else about the springs though, before after look the same. Are you sure you didn't switch out the springs you had for the same springs? Either you had stock and installed stock springs, or you had eibachs and installed eibachs. Reason I say that is because when Rich88LSC bought NYC LS8's wheels, you could tell without a doubt he didn't have lowering springs, It looked like he actually lifted the car a bit. Those were 19's, so I would only assume your 20's would be similar to those in heaight without lowering springs and since you're before pics aren't high at all, it would seem like you weren't riding on stock springs, or maybe your ls is packingg some heavy heavy ammo to lower it with weight.

Check out the LSOTM thread with Rich88LSC so you see what I mean if you dont remember.

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=65249&highlight=LSOTM

sway bar links (moog)
front k80261
rear LH k80246
rear RH k80245

shocks
3w4z-18124-ca (front)
3w4z-18125-ba (rear)

springs
eibach springs 3592.140

camber kit
MOOG Part # K80061

shock mounts
MONROE Part # 904972 (4)

control arms
MOTORCRAFT Part # MCSOE38 (right)6W4Z3084AA
MOTORCRAFT Part # MCSOE39 (left)6W4Z3085AA

for some odd reason i checked on rock auto for the ball joints and they no longer carry the ball joints lol. they also just added a control arm assembly from ford for only 95 bucks. don't know if that's correct can anyone clarify this for me?

Does something else need to be done to the car in order to install the Eibachs?

No.

Depending on how old your shocks are, you might consider putting in new shocks while you're installing new springs. Some get a camfer kit but others have just gotten an aligment done

lol damn alax out of all people...i got the stock springs in my trunk if you want ill post a pic of them later. maybe the reason the before looks dropped is the heavy sub box i had. i dont have them now but either way look at the front wheel gap before and after and you could def see the difference.

untitled.JPG

untitled.JPG

I don't doubt you installed everything, but I see what they are saying. It just doesn't appear like it dropped like most do... Maybe its the 20's vs the 18's and 19's most use.

Here's my before and after trunk always empty from stock 17's to ADR 18's.

BEFORE (looks like a 4x4, I didn't think so before the drop, but I could never go back to stock height)

LSpics009.gif

LSpics005.gif

AFTER

May42010005.gif

May42010004.gif

Still want to lower my car so BAD! So DJ the Deeza parts work out okay?

yes the windshield is tinted with 50% tint and the ps3 is there because i had to bring it to my nieghbor's job in the mall...

I don't doubt you installed everything, but I see what they are saying. It just doesn't appear like it dropped like most do... Maybe its the 20's vs the 18's and 19's most use.

Here's my before and after trunk always empty from stock 17's to ADR 18's.

BEFORE (looks like a 4x4, I didn't think so before the drop, but I could never go back to stock height)

LSpics009.gif

LSpics005.gif

AFTER

May42010005.gif

May42010004.gif

What springs did you use? I don't see it listed in your sig...

I love it. Still paranoid of dropping mine (well on my next LS..doing a swap for an 06 when a nice low mileage one comes on auction), since I live in Brooklyn and these freakin potholes will destroy you.

Don't be afraid at all. I had mine in for a couple of years AND had 19s. Staten Island is pretty damn bad with potholes, too, but who gives a f*ck. :D

Members online

No members online now.
Back