shocks

bearsfan39

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
so i bought some eibachs off ebay today, and im going to replace the shocks while im doing this because i have 140,000 miles on the car and they're still the oem shocks, what are some good brands for shocks to buy?

OEM. I bought monroe and have like 3k on them and I am going to buy oem real soon before putting on my eibachs

I remember a thread a while back someone spoke with MOOG and they were planning on building a shock for our cars, but I don't know how that went down. MOOG has better-than-OEM suspension parts as far as links go. Would be sweet to see some shocks from them.

how much do you think i would cost to have a shop put the springs and shocks on for me, i'm not really sure how hard it is and dont really want to do it myself

how much do you think i would cost to have a shop put the springs and shocks on for me, i'm not really sure how hard it is and dont really want to do it myself

its not that bad i juat did it not that long ago, juat rent a spring compressor from like O'Reillys

its not that bad i juat did it not that long ago, juat rent a spring compressor from like O'Reillys

Same here. It took me 5.5hrs to change all 4 coilovers with OEM Sports, and the outer tierod ends. The spring compressor was $50 to buy and the coilovers (shocks/springs) were $75 each.

Same here. It took me 5.5hrs to change all 4 coilovers with OEM Sports, and the outer tierod ends. The spring compressor was $50 to buy and the coilovers (shocks/springs) were $75 each.

i paid f0 to rent then got my money back when i took it back

FWIW, I am (slowly) in process of preparing to put KONI double-adjustables on my car. It'll be necessary to create upper mounts for the front. I'm troubled by having too little time but have mounts designed. I have to take some measurements before starting to fabricate.
KS

FWIW, I am (slowly) in process of preparing to put KONI double-adjustables on my car. It'll be necessary to create upper mounts for the front. I'm troubled by having too little time but have mounts designed. I have to take some measurements before starting to fabricate.
KS

sounds cool, remember to post some obnoxious amount of pics when you make things lol

Members online

No members online now.
Back