shocks

bearsfan39

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
so i bought some eibachs off ebay today, and im going to replace the shocks while im doing this because i have 140,000 miles on the car and they're still the oem shocks, what are some good brands for shocks to buy?

OEM. I bought monroe and have like 3k on them and I am going to buy oem real soon before putting on my eibachs

I remember a thread a while back someone spoke with MOOG and they were planning on building a shock for our cars, but I don't know how that went down. MOOG has better-than-OEM suspension parts as far as links go. Would be sweet to see some shocks from them.

how much do you think i would cost to have a shop put the springs and shocks on for me, i'm not really sure how hard it is and dont really want to do it myself

how much do you think i would cost to have a shop put the springs and shocks on for me, i'm not really sure how hard it is and dont really want to do it myself

its not that bad i juat did it not that long ago, juat rent a spring compressor from like O'Reillys

its not that bad i juat did it not that long ago, juat rent a spring compressor from like O'Reillys

Same here. It took me 5.5hrs to change all 4 coilovers with OEM Sports, and the outer tierod ends. The spring compressor was $50 to buy and the coilovers (shocks/springs) were $75 each.

Same here. It took me 5.5hrs to change all 4 coilovers with OEM Sports, and the outer tierod ends. The spring compressor was $50 to buy and the coilovers (shocks/springs) were $75 each.

i paid f0 to rent then got my money back when i took it back

FWIW, I am (slowly) in process of preparing to put KONI double-adjustables on my car. It'll be necessary to create upper mounts for the front. I'm troubled by having too little time but have mounts designed. I have to take some measurements before starting to fabricate.
KS

FWIW, I am (slowly) in process of preparing to put KONI double-adjustables on my car. It'll be necessary to create upper mounts for the front. I'm troubled by having too little time but have mounts designed. I have to take some measurements before starting to fabricate.
KS

sounds cool, remember to post some obnoxious amount of pics when you make things lol

Members online

Back