Sho> iroc-z

LaserSVT

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So I decide to get some messican food and replace the two other bald tires on the SHO. BTW, 225/60/16 rubs the rear struts where as the stock 215/60/16 don't...... go figure. Anywho I get a few miles from my house, come to a stop sign, see no traffic at all and make my left turn. I only go about 1/8th of a mile and can hear a small block GM screaming. Look in my rear view mirror and see nothing and look over to the left and see the nose of a red IROC flying up. So I decide screw it and floor it. All the sudden the IROC ain't gaining ground and as I look over I see the passenger looking at my SHO in disbelief as I pull away from them. :lol:
In typical GM ass hat response he gets on my ass. Alas I can do 100 in the corners on this stretch of road and he promptly backs off. About a mile latter he is way back but I can see the nose rise as he goes for the running start to try and pass me..... so I wait..... wait some more and then hes about 3 cars behind me and has a good run going so I nail it and the car breaks loose 2nd gear and im off! Again he gets next to me and quickly falls back. I look down and am doing 130 and the car is solid as chit. I take a sweeping right hander and watch to see if he was stupid enough to stay at that speed...... he was.
In my mirror I see the ass kick out and then overcorrection and slides back the other way going sideways off the road into a nice big (but shallow) ditch. :lol: Fortunately he didn't flip but he buried the car in some mud. :)
I couldnt believe how much this car could put a hurt on an IROC. Thought they had 350s in them?
So I was feeling smug about my absolute kill and was praising the SHO. The SHO responded by giving me an alternator light. :(
Got home and tested it and sure enough the alt is dead. Did some research and it appears the SHO engine can spin all day to 8000rpm but Ford limited them to 7000 because the ACCs cant take the RPMs. Damn shame cause the car was shifting at 7000.
Oh well, was a nice kill.

Yamaha powah!

nice kill.

and yes i remember reading the Acc. rpm limits of the SHO back in 1989, supposedly it could have spun to 8,500 reliably but for the acc.
I would not mind a SHO for snowy weather up here. and it sounds fun in the dry too.

Bet when he tells the story to his friends he will say it was a new SHO. :lol:

Either 305 or 350. Both tpi engines
Must have been a 305 cause I gave him a lot of leeway to build speed and then walked away like he had a 6 banger in it. His car sure did sound sweet though, really had a loud bark.

Damn laser takin it Home in a sedan. He buried that :q:q:q:q. Hell be looking for you man. Should have u turned and laughed.

if it had t tops they had 305's they didnt put 350 in until it was just the z28. i had a 88 and they didnt put the 350 with a stick it had 700r4 and none of em ever had more than 230hp,i got rid of it and got the gta t/a 5 speed with l98 corvette motor(not an option at the time but i dated angela liccardi the cape cod gm dealers daughter who put the 350 in it.

Sorry to kill your high but its only a 3rd gen fbody..which was probably stock with a flowmaster cat back, loud and slow..the 80s sucked for performance unless you had an 87 Buick GNX.

if it had t tops they had 305's they didnt put 350 in until it was just the z28. i had a 88 and they didnt put the 350 with a stick it had 700r4 and none of em ever had more than 230hp,i got rid of it and got the gta t/a 5 speed with l98 corvette motor(not an option at the time but i dated angela liccardi the cape cod gm dealers daughter who put the 350 in it.

Not always true.

No factory 350's with tops, correct, however the shop I worked in put 2-3 aftermarket T tops (ASC) a week in 5.7L F bodies the three years I was there (87-90).

BTW, 225/60/16 rubs the rear struts where as the stock 215/60/16 don't...... go figure.

really? huh. the 235 60s we ran on the 92 rubbed a bit, but we never had any problems with 225 60s. have 225 55s now with zero problems.
don't have a loose wheel bearing or anything do you?

you must have a wicked atx. i've never been able to chirp 2nd on a roll, (i spun through third once with really crappy tires though) just a chirp power shifting an mtx.

they are solid at speed though. more solid than my mark.

I never seem to get into these situations while driving either of my SHOs. The only people who have tried to "race" me were a kid in a '89 Probe GT Turbo, a douche in an E46 coupe, and the extremely rare opportunity when I see another SHO

Nobody here knows what these cars are

Weird, my friend had a black 89 IROC and it had Ttops and a 5.7/auto. Swear to it.

Either way.... awesome kill!!

Sorry to kill your high but its only a 3rd gen fbody..which was probably stock with a flowmaster cat back, loud and slow..the 80s sucked for performance unless you had an 87 Buick GNX.
:lol: Not blowing my high at all. An old V6 4 door just beat the hell out of a "performance" car. I know they aint quick. I had a 92 Z28 with a 350 and it was not impressive at all. But a kill is a kill and the way he was killed even rocks harder. We didnt start at the seame time, he was on it for several secondes before I knew we were running and punched the SHO. If we ran at the same time I would have really hurt him.
Third gens are my favorite prey. They all think they are fast as hell.
+1
Used to love picking on them in my Marks. Knew it would be a win since this SHO has also outran Marks. I think I got lucky. This SHO aint the prettiest but she sure runs like a raped ape.

Wvwen though it blew its alt tonight. :( The Ford ACCs really dont like the high RPMS.
really? huh. the 235 60s we ran on the 92 rubbed a bit, but we never had any problems with 225 60s. have 225 55s now with zero problems.
don't have a loose wheel bearing or anything do you?

you must have a wicked atx. i've never been able to chirp 2nd on a roll, (i spun through third once with really crappy tires though) just a chirp power shifting an mtx.

they are solid at speed though. more solid than my mark.

Positive they are good. Put the 225/60/16s on the rear and the tires are new. As soon as I pulled out I heard rubbing and saw the bottom of the spring perch was on the tire. Theres really nothing to adjust there so the stock size tire is about as high as you can get. I put them in front and there is a good 1/2" between the tread and lower spring perch. So the car has ever so slightly wider tires up front but they were free and almost new. I can deal with the speedo being 2.5moh off.

I never seem to get into these situations while driving either of my SHOs. The only people who have tried to "race" me were a kid in a '89 Probe GT Turbo, a douche in an E46 coupe, and the extremely rare opportunity when I see another SHO

Nobody here knows what these cars are
I want a silver or blue MTX 95 SHO in the worst way. Then do a black interior conversion. That would be my ultimate SHO.
I would do the SHO kit with the subframes and H brace and strut braces, the tune, ported plenum, BBB, Off road Y pipe, Dynomax exhaust, Eibach springs and Konis, 1st gen sway bars and the Mark brake kit to keep the slicers and call it a day. That would be like $1500 and the car would be a freakin 150mph gocart. :)

Id do the short shifter too if it wernt such a PITA and have to cut up the floor. :(

this always happens to me because i drive "an old mans car" a 95 LTC isnt an old mans car its a full sized sedan built with luxury and LOTS OF POWER ahhhh gotta love the V8.... i <3 my FONZIE

Laser you just cost me 1g! Picking up a red 93 mtx tomorrow. Then Gonna sell the mark vii and do exactly everything you listed.

my only question is does it sound like a bass boat lol?
It's not an Evinrude. .. ... .... but yes. :(
this always happens to me because i drive "an old mans car" a 95 LTC isnt an old mans car its a full sized sedan built with luxury and LOTS OF POWER ahhhh gotta love the V8.... i <3 my FONZIE

LTC......FONZIE........WTF?

fonzie-on-bike.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back