Shaved and painted rear surround

JWerner2

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Just finished my shaved and painted rear surround. Well actualy I have to do a few more things like paint the center flat black with some fusion and some clear but thats it. The rest will be done Tuesday.

dsc015032050094.jpg

dsc014962187020.jpg

Oh, Im also still torn between stenciling on a Lincoln Star and clearing over or letting it be as is.

Oh, Im also still torn between stenciling on a Lincoln Star and clearing over or letting it be as is.

depends on how nice you are at it, for the lincoln emblems on the rims i painted them too and tried to stencil a star on it, however, the back of the car will be looked at the most from others, so make sure its close to perfect, lol clear would always make it better though!

As it is right now, it looks like its missing something, i don't know if that something is the lincoln star, but it's definitely missing something.

id get someone to custom pin stripe the lincoln emblem back on in black.

depends on how nice you are at it, for the lincoln emblems on the rims i painted them too and tried to stencil a star on it, however, the back of the car will be looked at the most from others, so make sure its close to perfect, lol clear would always make it better though!

Thats the thing that makes me scared of doing it. I can get someone to cut out a stencil no problem. My wife's aunt who is selling us our house was a art teach for like 20 years and teached grades from 3 on up and has considered doing something at Del U. What Im worried about is rolling the paint on and it not bleeding down behind the stencil. I probably dont have to worry about that either cause way back when I was done with high school I did a lot of silk screening and stenciling shirts by hand at a printing factory.

I was kind of thinking about laying down a die cut but I would need a thick clear coat and lots of it.

Then I have the color, do I do Red like I want, do I do black, get someone to do a hologram?

This sounds rice but in person it was sick! I once saw a glow in the dark red on a chopper at bike week in OC Maryland and that was way cool! And some how it was bright!

I was thinking about that also. But then I would need to weld in the spot where the hole for the screw on the back of the surround is, fill that with filler, and have the trunk done up by a shop. Something little like this is easy for me to blend but the entire trunk I would want done at shop by a gun.

I was thinking about that also. But then I would need to weld in the spot where the hole for the screw on the back of the surround is, fill that with filler, and have the trunk done up by a shop. Something little like this is easy for me to blend but the entire trunk I would want done at shop by a gun.

ahhh gun, no fun, get the cans! haha what color did you go with for the surround? autostore paint or special ordered??

Also, if I got off the top then it wont flow with the grille. I think about all these small things that could toss a look off and make people wonder what it is for days!

I got the shop I got my etching primer from to bottle some up for me.

Not my cup-o-tea, the work you put into it looks topnotch though but its just to boring for me, i like the emblem there.

Now I thought about putting up a old school logo on the grille and in the back LS in some kind of classy elegant like type of font.

Have someone pinstripe an elegant ? in the area.

Riddle me this? lol

Fill looks good, nice work.

That is funny!

Here is a day time pic.

photo01053646024.jpg

Im actually pretty impressed with how it turned out, specifically the matching of color. It feels super smooth when you run your hand across it.

Nice work and paint matching for sure.

Just not sure how I feel about the thing as a whole. Never really been a fan of full debadging. You guys ashamed of driving a Lincoln!? lol :p

Dude, even with the emblems people had to ask what kind of car it was, lol.

The best is when the guys at the one dealership wrote a service report calling it a Mark.

Debadging isn't done out of shame. The massive amounts of money poured into these cars would be one proof of that!

It's a statement of ownership all together. The car belongs too the owner. It's why hot rods never have badges. Once you start customizing the car, it stops being an Lincoln LS and becomes apart of something better. You don't need the car to have logos and words on it. The car itself says what it needs to. Besides, anyone who matters knows an LS when they see one, and if they don't .....then let'm think about it. Nice job on the tail. Looks great!

It looks good. I think the pinstriped emblem would look great on the front & back, or you could get really creative and have your intials or something else striped in there.

What is the color on your car called? it is hard to tell in the pics what color it is.

Members online

Back