Sequential tailight kits anyone?

this is what he replied:
"The kit is the STS-1 sequential kit from webelectricproducts. You can find them online. I had to create a new harness for the decklid lights and change out the plugs for two filament bulbs, but the entire project only took about 3 days."

Jamie wants plug-n-play. :cool:

The kit requires some work to install in the Mark VIII - most notably changing the bulb sockets.

well after he wrote more i can tackle what he did with ease i meant if he had designed it from scratch i wanted a copy of it, but i'll try it, should be a walk in the park!

if you scroll down on their webpage, i saw a SCT-4 kit for 4 lamp systems. maybe that will make the job easier.

That vid looks like crap just because they're not LED's, the bulb speed gives the effect, but keeps the car looking way dated.

He just used the standard 3 bulb kit, if you pay attention the two inner most bulbs come on together, not one after the other. He wired those two together for the first bulb and then the other bulbs after that.

Definitely LEDs will "Kick Ass"...

Lol Are you being a smartass? Having LED's doesn't ''Kick Ass'', it's f'g normal for the last complete decade in case you haven't noticed. So why would you 'upgrade' to something that doesn't at least utilize current technology? It's like buying a new cover for your New Kids On The Block cassette.

Meter4it.com and webelectric have 4 light kits now. (I love the chase lights from Gary @ Meter4it!)
Having it look and work right involves making all the lights across the back dual element which is the hardest part. With leds it would be easy, as you dont need to worry about the heat really just pattern, but using leds for this looks crappy imho as it doesn't 'fade' from one light to the next, its just on/off. Doing this and having it look good all the time (with parking lights on for example,) is the hardest part but its easy to do if your not worried about that...

That's a great find, Tommy, I emailed the guy to get more information and I suggested that there were a lot of potential customers on here so maybe the prices could be set for a group buy. He told me he thought it would require a 3 bulb controller, and they are presently $70 each, and it would take about an hour to wire it up-ship is free. I kind of want to get a better price, maybe if mor people email them we could get a deal (hint, hint)-that does look cool.

OK, he wrote me back and said that you only need to order one kit, it contains 2 modules-they sell for $69 and includes shipping, but if we get 10 buyers together, they are $50-but that means they get shipped to one location, and have to be sent to individual buyers from there-still, that's 28% off, and shipping can't be all that much, they aren't all that big, I am guessing a small priority mail box which I think is about $5. If we don't get ten guys to buy, I am going to buy anyway-it's only $14 more and I want to try it out. PM me if interested-

I still think that would be redonkulous for the whole neon setup in a Gen II

Members online

No members online now.
Back