School me on the LS.

By your definition a Moped is comparable to a car. You will NEVER be able to intelligently compare a Model T to Bugatti Veyron!

why not, they can be compared, you can compare apples and oranges, here I will help you

Apple : red, fruit, sweet, crisp

Orange: orange, fruit, citrus, softer

Model T: first mass produced car on the production line.

Bugatti: Fastest production car.

I just compared them, they do not have to be the same or similar to be compared. They can be non comparable cars in your opinion, not in definition.

didnt mean price wise, meant quality wise.
the ls has way more options and the interior looks cheap in the t-bird.

Yeah but you could swap the LS stuff into them.

I have no idea why you people think there is nothing comparable to the ls, its not that great of a car. it's fun and I like it but there are plenty of other cars out there that have these types of features.

I never said that. Its not the best car ever made but like i said earlier find me another vehicle that meets all of the criteria that i listed in my previous post. I havent been able to find any and the ones i found were at least $5K to $10K more.

Laser? After all of the ribbing I got from you guys in the 2013 SHO thread, you are actually considering an LS. Well, I tried to tell everyone about the performance of these cars but got cusified when I compared it to my 88 Mustang GT. I will say it again, the Gen II is much quicker than that car was stock. I would have to say though that it is entirely possible that this car improves in performance after break-in. They were supposed to be programmed to launch from 1st in auto but I really don't think it does. In manual you can select 1st and she will launch ferociously. I don't care what anyone else says. Find someone with a healthy one and go for a ride. I finally noticed mine has tires slightly smaller than stock (225/50-17) so this might explain some of the extra pep.

Last edited:
Guess those marks are starting to show their age huh?

@ LaserSVT

I think you did real well for 8K, lots of new parts, cars looks to be clean inside and out.
beautiful color, has a mean look to it ... I wouldn't kick it out of bed for eating crackers, that's for sure.

Nope just getting faster with age!

Ha. Good one.

Those engines do run forever though. especially the sohc ones.

@ LaserSVT

I think you did real well for 8K, lots of new parts, cars looks to be clean inside and out.
beautiful color, has a mean look to it ... I wouldn't kick it out of bed for eating crackers, that's for sure.

I would keep it too.

LOL NO LS will touch my old 93 mk8.

sorry to burst your bubble.

10yjuah.jpg

How about we keep it to stock cars LS vs mk8 hows that. Or to LS you own :DLOL That one and the LS1 powered LS are in different league.

Ok so that means no tune or cams or anything.

Stock vs stock a gen II LS can easily run with a mark. Add in those and its a different story.

Stock vs stock a gen II LS can easily run with a mark. Add in those and its a different story.

Nope rules are stock engine original trans all bolt ons. Stock engine means stock longblock the rules are laid out on faster MK8 side. LOL Never even had a valve cover off my engine.

LOL :p.

Still an LS. And Alax will be getting his back and making close to 400hp with the original engine sometimes this year hopefully.

Regardless, theres several of fast LS's out there.

like right on the mark said different league for that one.
but no doubt alax's ride is awesome though, and cant wait to see it finished.
isnt there some dude on here doing some cheap turbo build on his ls?

i wouldnt mind owning a ls but id have to have a 4.6 dohc with a 6 speed, just the way i am lol. and unfortunately i cant afford something like that since im trying to save up some $$$ to go to school.

Nope rules are stock engine original trans all bolt ons. Stock engine means stock longblock the rules are laid out on faster MK8 side. LOL Never even had a valve cover off my engine.

Gas is too :q:q:q:qin expensive to race anyways.

Call me grandpa cause im driving slow as :q:q:q:q and letting you waste all yours.

A Mark is still my first choice but I will be dammed if I pay $5000 for one that isnt PERFECT. I mean working and new air ride, all new front end components, no issues and everything works. What people want $6000 for right now is just BS.

The LS is a second choice and only because I can get a second gen V8 for under $6000.

If you have leather steering wheel, leather shifter knob and double seven spoke wheels. I am sure there are other variations, but i don't know about it.
My 03 has a leather wrapped bottom half steering wheel, wood shifter, and '06 five star wheels. I have no clue what it had stock. Lol

how, you can compare any two cars, one may blow the other out of the water, but they can be compared. If you do not know what a comparison is, I'm sorry. Simply comparing two cars doesn't need them top be in the same class or make or anything. like that.

I have no idea why you people think there is nothing comparable to the ls, its not that great of a car. it's fun and I like it but there are plenty of other cars out there that have these types of features.

You are actually very wrong.

The word compare means to put up something against another that has similar qualities.
If you are not going to compare cars that do not have those like qualities, then do not use the word compare.

If you want the evaluation of both to be observed by people, than they would have to be of the same class.

Those Marks are quick yo. I raced one the other day and the guy left me like 4 car lengths behind. They are lighting fast and do like 112mph in quarter mile.

I am pretty set on this and think I am going to sell one of my rims and pick me up a Mark so i can go fast.

Those Marks are quick yo. I raced one the other day and the guy left me like 4 car lengths behind. They are lighting fast and do like 112mph in quarter mile.

I am pretty set on this and think I am going to sell one of my rims and pick me up a Mark so i can go fast.

112mph LOL I can tell sarcasm.:D Any time you want to race my 93 let me know. ;)

LOL :p.

Still an LS. And Alax will be getting his back and making close to 400hp with the original engine sometimes this year hopefully.

Regardless, theres several of fast LS's out there.

Yeah, its been a while :(.......but hopefully soon :cool:

Members online

No members online now.
Back